Glitter shawl

Cuddlefish

Here's a funny shawl I just made. The yarn is mohair with something like thick shiny cupperthreadish yarn. It only took a day to make.

glittershawlonbed7lx.jpg

It was difficult to get a good pic, so here I am modeling it. I look like a 1890's granny. :lol

glittershawlback7kz.jpg

Thank you. :hug

Btw, it's made from the tip and up, it's the first time I've tried that. I was positively surprised by the collar it creates at the top, I like that too. :)

It looks very cuddly! I love shawls. The first one I made was for my mom and I had no intention of ever making one for myself because it seemed too "granny-ish", but when I tried hers on to make sure it was long enough, I never wanted to take it off. Since then I've made probably 10 for myself out of different cuddly yarns. I know what you mean about feeling like a granny, but it passes quickly when you put it on and feel as snuggly as a kitty in the sunshine.:manyheart

P.S. The collar it formed looks cool too!

I got the pattern from a Danish book, but it's very simple. It's all dc's, and on each row you crochet one dc in the same stitch as the first dc, and two dc's in the last stitch. Then on every second row, you also add two dc's in the middle of the shawl, so that all increases are right on top of each other. :)

Archived