Glitter shawl

Cuddlefish

It starts with a point. I think it was like this: ch 3, dc 2 in first ch. You then turn with 3 ch.

I don't have the book here, and my home internet is out of order, so that's all I can remember right now. :)

I started one yesterday. I just fell in love with that shawl! I started mine like this... ch 6, dc in 3rd ch from hk, 2 dc in next ch, 1 dc in last ch, ch 2, turn (I didn't count the turning ch as a dc). Next row, do 2 dc in first and last, and 1 dc in ea dc in between. Next row, 2 dc, dc in ea dc to middle (eyeball it), 2 dc in middle dc, dc in ea dc to last dc, 2 dc in last dc. She said she inc on both ends every row, and inc in the middle every other row. I've only got a few rows done, but I can see it is going to develop nicely. Then I'm going to put a ruffle around the entire edge when it's done. Probably * sc, ch 5, sc, rep from *. Then next row, * sc in ea ch-5 sp, ch 5, rep from *. :hook

I started one yesterday. I just fell in love with that shawl! I started mine like this... ch 6, dc in 3rd ch from hk, 2 dc in next ch, 1 dc in last ch, ch 2, turn (I didn't count the turning ch as a dc). Next row, do 2 dc in first and last, and 1 dc in ea dc in between. Next row, 2 dc, dc in ea dc to middle (eyeball it), 2 dc in middle dc, dc in ea dc to last dc, 2 dc in last dc. She said she inc on both ends every row, and inc in the middle every other row. I've only got a few rows done, but I can see it is going to develop nicely. Then I'm going to put a ruffle around the entire edge when it's done. Probably * sc, ch 5, sc, rep from *. Then next row, * sc in ea ch-5 sp, ch 5, rep from *. :hook

Cool, that sounds pretty much exactly like mine, except I only chained 4 for the ruffle, because I was running out of yarn. I had 20 cms left when I was done. :D

Thank you. I didn't design it myself, it's from a book. But the yarn they recommended was a thin mohair, and it didn't have a ruffle, so it looks completely different from mine, not the same shawl at all. :)

Oops! Sorry missed that post. Did I miss what size hook was used?

Thanks

I'm using an I for mine, but I would think H, I, or J would be fine. It's coming along nicely. I'm so glad Cuddlefish posted that. Thank ou Cuddlefish! It looks vintage to me. I found some old RH and the color is Heather Taupe. I thought about maybe using a tan or warm brown for the collar. I've been working on it & alternating between it and other projects. I'll post pics when I get it done. :hook

Archived