Scripture Afghan Crochetalong

JulieKay

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:clap:clap:clap:clap Yeah Jimmie Lu!! I'm so glad you got it done in time to take with you. The ladies will love it, as I know they do you for the blessing you are.

tlisley, cool, glad you got your pattern now and can start.

My progress update is 23 squares done (of 121) ouch, I don't like to say the total I need to do. :blush:lol

Traci - I'm wanting to make it for my queen sized bed, with enough to hang off nicely around. It may end up being smaller than 11x11 squares. I'm trying to keep things connected as I go so I can quit at any time if I burn out and/or if I find it's big enough for my bed sooner.

• 2 weeks later...

Traci,

I started this afghan several months ago and got sidetracked learning how to knit and doing a baby afghan for a friend. Now I am back and am going to start working on it again, so you won't be alone. I only have both colors of the first seven squares done. I, too, am using Caron Simply Soft and I LOVE it. Getting the guage is not always easy, but you'll figure it out by trial and error. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Alli-

Hi there!! Glad to have someone to work along with. I just started my first block. This site has got me going in all different directions with so many neat projects and charities and stuff!! I just love it! I have to force myself to FOCUS and start actually finishing some things!

It's the first time I've worked with the SS yarn and I do love it! :manyheart What colors are you using? Ok, off to finish the posts and back to the hook!!

Traci,

I am using soft green, soft blue, light jade, and lt country blue, and coconut white for the last round and joining.

I did keep a few notes on the first few that I did, so if you have questions, I might be of help. Have a great weekend crocheting!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so bummed but I need to drop out of this CAL. I have way too much going on and barely time to work on my MAM for the MAM CAL. I want to do this at some point but not right now.

Thanks,

Traci, sorry you have to step out of this CAL. But no worries, pop in and join us again when things free up or just whenever.

My progress has be stagnated and derailed. My mom died recently and that's where I did most of it, when I went to visit her, so it's getting set aside for a while.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello Ladies –

Your leader for this group is JimmieLu . She is a wonderful person and a Whiz when it comes to crocheting . She will be here to answer your questions , so if you have anything you need help with , just drop a note on the boards and she will respond to you . I will also be here as a member and to lend her a hand if she needs it .

If anyone is having trouble locating the pattern, drop a note in here and let her know .

(Leisure Arts Leaflet 2770 )

Drop in and tell us about yourself and what colors you are choosing , and welcome to the group!

Hi there; just joined, and am really looking forward to crochetalong with everyone. Just one problem....where can I find Leisure Arts leaflet 2770?

I am really not understanding how to get around to see what everyone is making.Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance.

Hi Susie,

Welcome to this CAL. I got my pattern leaflet on eBay, there's a current one now at http://tinyurl.com/rp5qb with a buy it now price that seems not unreasonable.

Make sure you get the "Scripture Afghan, 24 stitches inspired by the bible" not Afghans inspired by Scripture. Which is probably still a neat pattern, but not the one for this CAL.

I'll look around a little more and see if I can find more places to get it, and post if I find more sources.

Sorry I don't know how to answer your other question.

• 2 months later...

Hmmm... thread must have been moved to archive for inactivity.

I'm considering ditching this afghan and I don't know what I'm going to do with what I have done and together.... don't know. Since my mom died, I've not had the heart to pull it out and work on it, let alone the time. It was her house that I have done about 80% of what I have done. I always took it with me. She smoked so it was my way of "justifying" something for me... since it was mine it could be around smoke.

Well, best wishes to those still working on this.

• 4 weeks later...

I see that this was started almost a year ago and I don't know how these Crochetalong's work (is that what CALs stands for?) but this pattern interests me. How can I get it? Another post said it is Leisure Arts Leaflet 2770. I haven't been out shopping for it but there's a Hobby Lobby and a Michael's in my town as well as other needlework stores. Have you finished your afghan?

Thanks for your reply!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I made this afghan years ago and still get compliments on it as each square is so unique - I sometimes have a hard time remembering what pattern goes with what scripture - good thing there is no test at the end~ LOLOL~

it was very interesting to make and I use some of the pattern squares when making squares for WUA in our community.

• 2 weeks later...

A wonderful FGM :queen sent me the pattern book :mdust just the other day! :cheer:clap Woo Hoo!!!! :woo:woo

I've made 2 of the squares with Caron's one pounder in peach. I did #2, Crosses, and #3, Crown, and edged them with I Love This Yarn white. I'm using an I hook and had to add one more pattern of the crosses to make it square...8". I want a bigger afghan.

I guess I'll reverse my light and dark colors cause #2 and #3 calls for the light peach but I guess my Caron's peach is the darker one now cause I got some lighter peach today in Bernat SV and Caron one pounders Azure and Cape Code Blue. I was trying to use the colors called for in the book and I hope the 2 blues will work okay. Couldn't find any teals except one...RHSS Dusty Teal.

I tried to make #22 Angel in I Love This Yarn Soft Blue but it won't crochet into the same size as the Caron's...Nope! Can't make it work. :( I hope the Bernat SV will work as far as the size goes; I think it will, I hope it will! -- /\ (praying hands)

So, I hope some of you guys are working on this. If so, give me a yell, post some pics and I will too after I take 'em!

:manyheart:hug

I'm gonna do this CAL waiting for someone, at least 1, hopefully more, to join in or until I finish the afghan. I'll keep posting my progress hoping someone notices it! :lol

I'm working on #1 now, Honeycomb in the Bernat's peach which is lighter in color than the Caron Pounder peach. But it's heavier in yarn size (I don't know the proper term for whatcha call it.).

Anyway, the I hook made it waaaayyyyy too big so I frogged a few rows and switched to the H hook and it's working out nicely in the width. Guess we'll see about 20 rows ahead about the length.

Oh, forgot to mention! I changed from a 5dc cluster to a 3dc cluster...not as much work...lazy!!! And the clusters puff out nicely! A little more space between them, that's all.

:manyheart:hug to the next person to read this thread!

Archived