Scripture Afghan Crochetalong

JulieKay

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, I'm just checking in. I'm still working on the scripture afghan but things are going real slow :( . I'm crocheting the edging around each of the squares and I'm about halfway throught the blocks. I'm enjoying this CAL but does it seem to be taking a long time! How is everyone else doing on their afghans? I was thinking of putting my afghan together differently that what is shown on the back cover of the booklet. I thought of making it more random instead of having each color going in a diagnol row. What do you all think?

• 2 weeks later...

ahumm (clearing throat) Hello is any one out there??? WAKE UP!!!! are we all swaped with other things and forgot this CAL!!! ok do your morning exercises and have you coffee and muffin. Then GET TO WORK.

Hummm maybe you all finished and forgot to mention it.

I am getting mine out tonight and this gahn is gonna be completed with in 2 weeks (it has to be I need it for Mexico)

So who is with me?

I thought everyone finished without me, lol. Still working on it, have a few more to redo(came out too small) then I'm ready to put it all together. Can't decide what joining method to use yet. What is everyone else using?

No, I've not forgotten about this, infact I am still doing a few squares, but only on the go when I visit my mom. I've gotten another 8 done to stitch to the other 7 I have stitched together. But that's about it, very slow going.

:cheer:clap:c9 I've finished the afghan!!! Yeah for me!!! I just finished washing and drying it this morning. I don't know about the rest of you but this afghan sure took me a long time to finish. I used the flat braid joining technique to join the squares together and I really like how that turned out. I'm not sure what my next crochet project will be but I KNOW it will be something smaller than an afghan! Keep crocheting everyone!

:eek Your done?!? Wow... I still only have my 7 squares done. Life sort of got busy for us. My grandmother was sick and in and our of the hospital, my cousin lost her little baby and then my grandmother passed away on the 22nd of March, the same day one of my friends from Oregon and her 7 year old came to stay with us for 8 days. Now that the company has left and we are getting back to a more normal routine I hope to pick it back up.

I want to see pictures too!!! Purty pwease. :manyheart

You all are going to hate me but I can't post a picture. I don't have a digital camera and even if I did I'm sure I wouldn't be able to get the picture from the camera to the computer. I feel like you are all so computer able and I'm not :think . My camera would be like the one Fred Flintstone had. You know the one with the bird that would peck out the picture from a chunk of stone. But I am very much looking forward to pictures of your afghans. What will be so wonderful is seeing the same blocks look so different because of our color choices.

Hey Jimmie

I have been thinking about you lately , are you still out there ? I thought you said you were going to Mexico this month . Just wondered if you're down there now or home and if you're able to be online if you're down there ?

Hope you're having a good time ! :manyheart

Thanks Stargo70

Also I am not leaving until after Easter. I will put an announcement up a few days before I leave.

I am trying ever so hard to complete this gahn so it can make it to Mexico this year.

I have to say I like the 35 gahn alot better.

Karin, I'm so "jealous" ;) your afghan is done. :nworthy Today I added 7 more squares to the 7 I already had connected and could have added 2 more, if I had taken them. Me, dork! I am sad about not being able to see your afghan, I so would love to!

Jimmie I know you can get it done before your trip!!! Your hands and fingers fly lightening speed!!!!!

Keep up the good work ladies.:hug

I know you all started in Dec. but I think I'm going to do this afghan as well! It looks beautiful! Now I just have to find the pattern!:think

Traci

I decided on my colors:

Caron Simply Soft

Dark Sage, Country blue, Victorian Rose, and Off white.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to my very first CAL! Are most people almost done, or are there still people working? I found several patterns on e-bay so I'm getting one of those and will get started with it soon! YAY!

Traci

I know Karin4****** is done and I am finishing mine. It calls for 2 sq of each pattern however I only did 1 of each and got a nice size throw! I can not say I would do this gahn again but being the list mom I will still be around!

I am bowing out of this CAL. Sorry ladies. I have 7 squares done, but I just can't finish right now. The only time I usually have for crocheting is after 9pm and my brain seems to be mush by then. I started a ripple with the colors instead.

I will keep checking though to see all the pictures as you complete them. I may come back to this when life around here isn't as busy (of course I'll have to buy new yarn. :devil hahaha).

:clap YAY! I got my pattern!! It will be here in a couple days. I will get yarn after I know how much it takes! LOL, I will probably start Sunday! Oooh! I'm so excited! :hook:yay

Traci

Archived