Scripture Afghan Crochetalong

JulieKay

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checking in. Did anybody have problems with square no 9? Or is it just my mind is fried.:lol I will try again today. I have 7 squares done and my are also coming out about 8 inches.Thanks Linda

Karin, thanks for the hint about square #13. I am glad you finally conquered it. :clap

Theresa, I patterned mine out since I am making it larger than the book (or at least that is my goal) and thus I am trying to do a few squares and connect, do a few and connect. So my squares are not being done in order nor all the same square at once, it's pretty much done at random through the book, but in an order on my patterned out.

Darlene, the only way I think to get it would be to find it online or accidentally at a store, because I think it is out of print.

Linda, great job on your progress. I've not been working on mine at all since I connected it and since it's for me, yup it goes last on the list of to do. I've not worked square 9 yet, if I go as "planned" out, then I have 24 other squares to do first. If ya want mind verification :devil let me know and I can do that square next, but then again that doesn't mean that my mind isn't fried too. :lol

OK I worked on mine last night and I got 10 sq finished and started 11 Does any one else feel like these sq take forever??? I am only making 24 because of the size of the sq I think it will be just the size I need. In fact I thought of doing 25 and making 5 rows of 5 SQ. So thats the scoop!

Karin, thanks for the hint about square #13. I am glad you finally conquered it. :clap

Theresa, I patterned mine out since I am making it larger than the book (or at least that is my goal) and thus I am trying to do a few squares and connect, do a few and connect. So my squares are not being done in order nor all the same square at once, it's pretty much done at random through the book, but in an order on my patterned out.

Darlene, the only way I think to get it would be to find it online or accidentally at a store, because I think it is out of print.

Linda, great job on your progress. I've not been working on mine at all since I connected it and since it's for me, yup it goes last on the list of to do. I've not worked square 9 yet, if I go as "planned" out, then I have 24 other squares to do first. If ya want mind verification :devil let me know and I can do that square next, but then again that doesn't mean that my mind isn't fried too. :lol

I know for a fact that you do an awesome job and what you have done looks great!!! I think this crochet along is wonderful!!! :clap

I haven't had a chance to work on mine this weekend. I had ladies Bible study Sat. morning, then a b-day party for my niece. Today we had church and then my sons b-day party.

I did pick up my other two colors. I even found them in 8 oz for 1.99 at the LYS in my hometown when I went home for my niece's b-day.

I am using Dark Plum and Pale Plum and Med. Thyme and Light Thyme. With Aran for the joining color.

I bought sooooo much yarn yesterday. I don't see many 8 oz skeins around anymore so it was a good deal.

Hopefully I'll have some quieter nights this week after the kids go to bed so that I can work on some squares. So far mine all seem to be about the 7 inch. Hopefully they will all work out to be that.

Sherri, you're just biased, my friend.. :wink ..because you got to pet it in person. :devil

Karin, I've gotten one of the flame blocks done. I don't think I had too much trouble with it. What exactly are you fighting with? What part?

Jimmie Lu, have you conqured the square yet? Come on now, I know you can win over bity bits of yarn and a hook. :lol

Liberty, the colors sound gorgeous, but of course I'm a tad prejudice, as your colors are so similar to mine. :hook

:cheer:cheer Crochet, crochet, can't let the yarn win, no way, so get out the hook and the pattern book and crochet, crochet, crochet!!!:cheer:cheer

Ok I did get sq 15 done so frog what you have and start slowly! Take it nice and easy and you will get it. then tell me exactly where you are when you loose it. and I will try to help. I just had to read slowly and take my time and I was ok and it looks good!

Today or tomorrow I'll re-start block #15. I haven't been up to the challenge so I've been crocheting a hat instead. But I'm going to get that block done tomorrow no matter what. I crochet many times while my daughters are in the bath tub. Those poor girls will probably look like two little prunes by the time I get block 15 done.

Well, I did it. I finally got block #15 to work for me. Thank you everyone for your offers of help. It just encouraged me to know that others had figured it out and that if I did what the instructions said to do (instead of doing what I thought the instructions wanted me to do :blush ), that I could get it done. I haven't finished the block yet but I am about halfway done with it. Have fun crocheting everyone!:cheer

yeah Karen!!!!! I see you are making 100 sq for the olympics. I pledged 250 One time in a month I made 500 so 250 should be reachable but challenging. I am using the sq for the afgahns for amegos project so everyone is a winner!!!!!

I need to ask a question...what is a "crochetalong"? I'm interested in getting into a group that swaps squares. Also I read about yarn swaps and I need to know what those are too.

Thanks in advance,

Yeah for me! :cheer I finished square #15. I've started square #16, Trinity, and I hope this info. helps. I originally chained 28 like the instructions said and did about 2 or 3 rows. I then measured the block and it was coming out to be almost 9 inches in width. My blocks are averaging 8 inches. So I frogged what I have done and started over with only 24 chains. The block is now measuring almost 8 inches in width. Like I said I hope this helps someone. Have fun crocheting today.

Yeah Karin, I am so happy you conquered the flames, and didn't let them 'burn' you. ;) Thanks too for the tip on #16. Keep up the crochetin' times!!!!

I've not done a darn thing on mine and it's driving me nuts, I don't have enough hands or enough time... same for everyone I am sure.

I finished wheat sheaf, block #17, this (very early) morning. The block was coming out to 9 inches in width.:eek So I started over and only chained 22. This will leave out an entire 5dc over a ch-3 sp segment. The block now measures about 7 1/2 inches. I figured it would be easier to have to stretch it a 1/2 inch when blocking as opposed to having to ease in a whole inch. Now tell me, am I the only one having this problem?? :think This has happened on my last two blocks. I have visions of all of you crocheting perfect 7 or 8 inch blocks everytime.

Had to go out to Joann Fabrics today to get more yarn. Thank goodness for those 40% off coupons. I'm way too cheap to pay full price for any yarn. I'm trying to get as many squares done before the start of the Olympics. I'm in the crochet Olympics and from the 10th to the 26th I don't think I'll be getting much done on the scripture afghan. Right now I'm fighting off some very strong impulses to start some new projects. I think I'm going to give in to them and try to crochet a purse and a shawl before the 10th. I know, I am nuts.:eek

Archived