Scripture Afghan Crochetalong

JulieKay

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool button, thanks! I'm going to try to pick up the rest of my yarn tomorrow. Haven't been able to start yet, have a major case of tendonitis! From.....yep, crocheting, lol. I guess I should have taken a break after the Christmas marathon, but I had a few to do for an after Christmas party, then...baby ghan for co-worker, and on and on. I counted up that I've done 2 purses, 2 hats, 6 skinny scarves, 1 shawl, 1 large wool scarf, 1/2 of an afghan, a baby ghan and some threadies since after Thanksgiving.:knit I guess that was too much, lol. Anyway, as soon as it gets better I will begin. I go back to work Tuesday night so I'm hoping to start before then. If not, it will be Saturday before I am home again. Work three 12 hour shifts and sleep is all I do on those days...ughhh.:out I'd rather be crocheting! Keep up the good work ladies! :cheer

Rhonda

Hi Crochet sisters!

I think I am gonna jump in and join. I just bought the leaflet last weekend. I am going to try square #1 tonight. This is fun! I may need some help. Is everyone using the same hook as called for??????

Welcome! :yayYes, using the hook called for, but getting a fairly consistent 8" square instead of 7".

Jimmie, your colors sound great, what shade range of green are you using?

morning everyone,

I have not started yet. Iwas picking out the yarn I wanted to use for my other two CAL's:) Have any of you thought about using srap yard left over from other projocts? I was wondering if this might look ok for this!

snowflake, you are always welcome to jump in when ever you get the booklet. It is Leisure Arts leaflet 2770. Mine is copyrighted 1995, so they may be out of print, but check around some there are sources that may have it. I don't know all the sources, there are others who may have ideas where to get one.

Jimmie, teal and black are very pretty together. They just happened to be my senior class colors... brings back ummm... memories. :eek:lol

I've not been able to work on my afghan much lately, for some reason work just won't let me sit at my desk and crochet, they think I actually need to do ummm work. I've gotten 9.5 done thus far, as soon as I have time, ha.. I'll post some pictures or give a link.

:cheer Everyone keep crocheting! :cheer

Good morning!!!!

Time for a check in!!!

I have finished my 35 sq gahn and now I am pumped to do this gahn!!! I have decided to make 1 of each sq and then plus 1 sq. I will have 25 sq so 5 rows of 5 and that will be a nice size for mexico!

What are you all up to? I am up to 5 sq done!

Got back from work a few minutes ago. I get to be home tonight and tomorrow night, so I picked up the rest of my yarn and am ready to start! :yay I'm going to use Caron SS in: Dark sage, Light sage, yellow, Autumn red and Bone. It will be my Mother's and this is closest to the colors in her bedroom. I'm very excited, as this is my first CAL. I'm just irritated that I have to go to work and can't really dig in until next weekend, when I will have a few days off in a row, lol. Just did 41 hours in less than 3 days and I'm pooped so, today is a bust since I'll sleep. Will let you know how it goes after tomorrow, lol.

Keep hooking!

Rhonda :devil

:scrachin

Snowflake, there is only one afghan in the book, but it's made up of 48 squares with 24 varying patterns. There are a few 'scripture afghans' out there, but this, I believe is the only 'sampler' style. I have another one with full afghans using one pattern inspired by scripture. :hug

Cindy

I'm just starting square #9 garden rows. I'm really enjoying this CAL. Whats going to be so exciting is to see how everyone's afghan will look when its done. They will all be so different because of the different colors and square placements. I'm going to try somehow to get a picture posted of my afghan when its done. Of course, that will be MONTHS from now. Happy crocheting everyone! :hug

Oh this sounds ideal to make for my MIL for next Christmas! :yay Please tell me where I can find the pattern and/or a picture of the afghan. Thanks a lot!

By the way, I hope it's not too late to join this CAL if I can get the pattern and find the time to keep up. :hook

Could you please PM me and let me know? Thanks so much!

Croshay,

It is never too late to join. I have only about 10.5 blocks completed (but not trimmed) and I'm making it big enough to fit my bed, 121 blocks total. So look for the pattern and join the gang, you are always welcome.

Cindy

Thanks for the welcomes. :hug I guess I'm not too far behind to jump in soon. I still have to get ahold of the pattern and decide what yarn to use. I think I'll use Caron SS because I just love working with it. I've never used it for an afghan though, and I wonder if it will be as warm as the RH Super Saver I usually use.

I made the 63 square afghan a few years ago and did it all in white (the squares and the edging). Actually I think I ended up making only 48 squares (made the afghan 6 squares by 8) because I got tired of it.

I think I'll make this scripture afghan in shades of brown/tan to match my MIL's living room. Her couch is brown and that's probably where it will go when I give it to her next Christmas. I just have to check on the color selection for the Caron SS, and if they're too limited, I'll go with the RH Super Saver.

Looking forward to getting started. :hook

Welcome abord Croshay!!

I am on this CAL also and still have not started. hoping to get my yarn this weekend. I have been doing a couple of Comaghfans so that is slowing me up some on starting this one:)

How is everyone doing on yours? is anyone really into it yet?

:cheer:clapYeah Karin, you're doing great. Sounds like you are just crocheting away at these squares.

How is everyone else coming along?

I've only added 1 square, so now I've gotten 11 done, but tonight I trimmed and crocheted 7 blocks together. :hook I decided to use the flat braid (or waht I think is it or a variation of) to connect them. I love how it looks, although it can be a bit tricky in the corner where all 4 blocks meet. I'll try to get a picture posted in the next day or two.

Keep crocheting everyone. :cheer:cheer:cheer

Cindy, I would love to see a picture of how the flat braid technique looks with this afghan. I was thinking of using this technique also but I was a little concerned about how difficult it would be to do this technique with squares all crocheted differently. Did that make any sense?:think I've never done this technique before and I thought it would be difficult if you didn't end up with the same amount of stitches on each side of the square. Please tell me someone out there understands what I'm trying to say. Well, anyhow, everyone keep crocheting!:hug

Archived