Scripture Afghan Crochetalong

JulieKay

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is an old posting of this CAL. Just wanted to let everyone know that I made this afghan for my sister in KY who owns a bible bookstore. She fell in love with it. :manyheart

I am making it again using Caron Simply Soft yarn. I have decided to use every color that Caron made reflecting the stitch. For example: I made the grandchildren squares out of blue and pink to represent boy & girl. I had to buy some 3oz skeins from Herrschnerrs. Also, I did the last two rows around the squares in Red Heart Aran - this will be the trim color too for the whole afghan. This is made especially for my pastor and his wife - they got married on Valentine's Day. I started other afghans but they got frogged since it did not suit me for them. My daughter said to make the scripture afghan - good idea!:idea - since I thought I would never make this afghan again after making it for my sister. (Never say Never). I hope to have it done this month - 8 months since the wedding - hope they don't mind a belated wedding gift!

It's great to see this CAL alive again! I just stumbled across it on Leisure Arts website and found that its' available for purchase in download format!

Was thinking about tackling this next year as I have a few other things I'm working on at the moment but will LOVE to see how yours turns out.

It is funny to see this cal active again. It was one of the first ones that I read when I joined here. I had the pattern but was too intimidated at the time to start a cal. Now I have started this pattern but never finished. I think I am somewere near the half way point. I should search in here for some pics for inspiration. :)

Archived