Christmas Present

The Fargoan

Here is a picture of my newly completed Christmas present for a friend. You'll see my cat Orion thinks HE is the decorative part of the picture.CathedralOrion2.jpg

Here is a close up view of the edge:

CathedralCloseup1.jpg

I started this in July, but didn't really start working on it full time till September. It's been my main project ever since. I'm so happy to have completed it in time. :clap Only 4 more presents to go (though none nearly so ambitious as this one).

Beautiful! Oh, and the afghan is lovely too!:lol

This is on my list of "to-dos" -- after finishing Christmas presents, and an Elmo afghan for my daughter, and a baby blanket for a March arrival-- and then my friend just told me she's pregnant too... but I figure I can at least start on this before -- she's not due till August.

Truly lovely job, you should feel quiet proud of youself!:cheer

That is quite an achievement! Very nice looking afghan--your friend will be lucky to receive it.

I wish I had the patience to work on large projects like that. Since my "real job" is full of long-term projects, I need little crocheted things to give me a sense of completion in my life!

Thank you all for your nice comments!! :D It sure feels nice to be complimented by people who know exactly what it took to make it. I have decided that I definitely like a more involved pattern when working on big projects. They keep me more interested (as opposed to my huge dc ripple afghan I've been working on for months).

Archived