DRUMROLL PLEASE !!

threeolivemartini

An elf blessed me with this yarn ...it was vintage and said cold water washable so i figured once the hot water hit it .. it would still felt (full) and i was right.. this is what i have spent the last couple days doing.. i made this drawstring bag .... then i put it thru the washer here is how it all unfolded...

these are the befores .. with some measuring..

before3.jpg

before2.jpg

before1.jpg

this is the after....

finalproduct.jpg

the end product is about 6 inches across the bottom .. 9 inches wide when folded and about 9 inches high ...

i am going to lace the top with some brown suede and make a brown suede sling strap.. i LOVE the way it turned out !!

My gosh that's gorgeous!!! :cheer2 You did a great job!

Now I can hardly wait to get my Red Licorice bag felted!!! :hyper

Sampler..HEREis the pattern i loosely based my bag on.. i dont think i can claim it as mine because i changed a few measurements for my yarn.. apparently they used a smaller yarn.. had i made all the rounds it would have been huge...

i changed it in the striping pattern as i went up the sides and only used the 2 colours.. i jsut made it in a size i liked hoping it would full down like i wanted... and it did.... the finished measurements of my bag are almost the finished ones of this bag... the pattern is nice too.... i like the way the ridge is formed on the bottom and top of this pattern

several drugs even!! That is absolutely gorgeous, I'm going to try this project,..all the fulling patterns I've looked at seem too small with the amount of things I carry around with me, LOL

Awesome work:sheepjump

Archived