Christmas Tree 2023

Tampa Doll

Well, I have not had a Christmas tree for 2 years now, so I decided to break down and buy one.  It is 5 ft. tall and just so cute.  The lights flash from White to multi color.  I have some snowflakes on it, but mostly crocheted ornaments.  As you can see on the second picture my family ornaments that I just bought this year, are right up front.

New Tree 01.jpg

New Tree 03.jpg

• Like 6

Good Old Amazon.  I looked a long time for this.  I was still worried because of some of the trees I saw from pictures people posted, but the only thing I can think is that they do not know how to fluff a tree.

Thank you all for the compliments.  It is so nice not to have to bend the tree over to put the angel on top.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Well, I have not had a Christmas tree for 2 years now, so I decided to break down and buy one.  It is 5 ft. tall and just so cute.  The lights flash from White to multi color.  I have some snowflakes on it, but mostly crocheted ornaments.  As you can see on the second picture my family ornaments that I just bought this year, are right up front.

New Tree 01.jpg

New Tree 03.jpg

Beautiful !!!   

• Like 1

I love it! I bought a smaller one last year too. I think it's 3 feet tall and fits on an end table. DD decorates the tree for me so it will probably go up on about 12/10. I keep the tradition my mother used to. Up 2 weeks before Christmas and down on Jan 1.

Growing up, we never trimmed the tree till we were teenagers.  Before that Santa decorated the tree and it did not come down till after January 7th.

Thank you all.  This is the first time I can look the angel in the eye.:rofl

What a beautiful tree.  I'm so glad you found one that worked for you.  I love the decorations.

My parents would never have had the patience/energy to let Santa decorate the tree.  As a result we had boxes labeled breakable and unbreakable ornaments. 

The little ones would put the unbreakable ornaments on the lower branches and the older ones would take on the task of the glass ornaments some going back to my great grandmother.  I still have some of those ornaments although every time they come out I risk losing another one as they are pretty fragile at this point.  Some of the breakable ones from the 70's are rather interesting.  I haven't seen anything like them in the stores anymore.

As for taking the tree down, all the other decorations stayed until Epiphany but Dad was paranoid about the Christmas tree burning the house down and it was a rare year it lasted until the day.