Evening shawl

swapnae

This was one of my UFOs which now an FO. Ta-da! I finished it and gifted it to my cousin over the weekend. The original pattern is here: and I added fringe to it.

63477002_88a708335a_m.jpg

63475718_27d90e3115_m.jpg

The shape is a batwing shape, which means you don't have to hold on to it all the time.:clap For a close-up view of the pattern, check out my blog.

It's a welcome change from the Serafina shawl, which I found really frustrating:thair. The pattern repeat on this is so simple that when I picked it up after a couple of months, I didn't even have to go back to my printout!

That is beautiful!:yay I saved that pattern too to make with my cotton thread size 8. I wonder, what thread did you use and how long it took you to make? :think You did a good job on that!:hook

Thanks! I used a gray about WW yarn with a silver running through it. No brand, but probably our local Vardhman yarn (bound to be 100% acrylic), and a 5.00mm Pony hook. Sorry I didn't measure the final size:blush.

I actually started it in June and then it became a UFO for many months :devilbefore I finished it this week because my cousin was going to be in town and her birthday is coming up in December.

Very pretty. I bet it looks even prettier in person-grey with silver! How dressy. I agree, the pattern did nothing for me when I saw it a while ago, but now that I've seen yours, I've got to make it. I copied the pattern and added your pictures for references. Thank you so much for sharing!

Yay you finished yours!!!!! I must be honest and confess that I have not touched mine since probably June :blush I'll finish it one of these days, or at least finish as much as I can...I have that sick in the stomach feeling that I will not have enough yarn....and at $12 a skein I can not see myself buying anymore....if I could even locate the same color! Anyways, congratulations on finishing yours - it looks wonderful!!!

You did a beautiful job on the shawl, I hope it's not going to be hard to part with now that it's done........I know I would want to keep it!! :devil

Oh no, That *is* my cousin you see in the picture, she's already got it, which is why she's happy :D

Archived