What's on your hook or needle??

Jayashiangel

3 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

At times I do miss it, but then I remember driving in it and glad I am down here.

I missed it also Mary Jo until we got our first snow fall this weekend and I had to shovel over a foot of it.  I am done with winter now, bring on gardening season. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still working on 3 Spring Tulips for the oldest grt-GD. I had trouble with the floral wire not being a heavy enough gauge for stems, so I am going to try some BBQ skewers that are the perfect size.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ReniC said:

Still working on 3 Spring Tulips for the oldest grt-GD. I had trouble with the floral wire not being a heavy enough gauge for stems, so I am going to try some BBQ skewers that are the perfect size.

Pretty.  I bought a bouquet of faux pink tulips and a spray for the dining room table.  JoAnns Spring sale.

You might enjoy this upcoming Roses tutorial by Christa.  I saw a preview last week and I may make some as well.

Edited by NCcountrygal
add may
  • Like 2

I'm tackling C2C again! This is one of my "struggle" techniques. I know I have to trust the process but I would get so far and then rip it out thinking it looked weird/wrong.

This time I'm going to make a whole lapghan. No frogging, trusting the process and all that.

IMG_20230201_133953.jpg

• Like 4

20 hours ago, YarnyBoy said:

I'm tackling C2C again! This is one of my "struggle" techniques. I know I have to trust the process but I would get so far and then rip it out thinking it looked weird/wrong.

This time I'm going to make a whole lapghan. No frogging, trusting the process and all that.

IMG_20230201_133953.jpg

Wishing you lots of luck learning & mastering this stitch... It's one of the concepts that my brain just can't wrap-around how it works exactly....

Yarnboy, I think once you learn this stitch, you will like it.  Wait till you start decreasing.  That is the part that got me at first.  I do like the stitch, especially when it comes to afghans.

Still working on the Wednesday doll.  I do not think I will ever buy a pattern from this person again.  She leaves to much off in the directions.  You sometimes need more than pictures.

Almost done the doll, then on to the dress.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Still working on the Wednesday doll.  I do not think I will ever buy a pattern from this person again.  She leaves to much off in the directions.  You sometimes need more than pictures.

I feel your pain.  I just wasted 12 hours on two doily patterns from the same designer who is Russian, who I think doesn't have a grasp on English or the translator lost something.  Both of then frustrated me so much that I ripped them up and reached for wine.  You would think after 50 years of crochet I would have seen everything, nope!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

The “rose” bug bit me. Made 7 stems. (Luv her lesson making them). Making at least 5 more 🌹 but probably more since this would be great for gifting. 

Those roses are really nice.  That is something I have never made.

3 hours ago, Lacycrochet said:

Those roses are really nice.  That is something I have never made.

I haven't made any though I did try a free pattern several years ago, but they looked blech.  Her video plus instructions are great.  Tips on rolling plus the leaves look good as well.  I think I'm more partial to the rose buds.  Making a yellow one now.  Will try using sport weight next to see if that size is more pleasing to my eye.  Try it.   🙂

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lacycrochet said:

I feel your pain.  I just wasted 12 hours on two doily patterns from the same designer who is Russian, who I think doesn't have a grasp on English or the translator lost something.  Both of then frustrated me so much that I ripped them up and reached for wine.  You would think after 50 years of crochet I would have seen everything, nope!

Tina: Maybe next time you want to tackle a foreign language pattern, get the wine out first to help prevent any frustration! :rofl

• Haha 4

Here's the 3rd baby gift . Used border number 130 from the around the corner book.

20230203_184103.jpg

Edited by judianne
  • Like 7

And I finally finished this blanket from stash. Had to put it aside to get the others finished on time.20230206_161717.thumb.jpg.5aeced8016c48e44617f2427be20ccb4.jpg

Edited by judianne
Added pictures
  • Like 5

That could of been my problem with the pattern I bought.  The designer is Turkish.  They do give an English translation when you buy it.  I had to sit back when it came to putting the legs and arms on the doll and think of it as a sock monkey or others I have done that require NO sewing.  I had to use the pictures for some of the yarn color changes.  I usually read patterns before I make them or even start.  I did that and only saw a problem with 2 instructions, which I got my answers.  So I feel the pain of ripping out.  I did that 3 times before I got the legs on.

Oh what fun we have when we try something that looks good or cute.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 8:34 AM, NCcountrygal said:

The “rose” bug bit me. Made 7 stems. (Luv her lesson making them). Making at least 5 more 🌹 but probably more since this would be great for gifting. 

0082F98A-D86C-41CC-B32B-9D867FB4544B.jpeg

Those roses look great... Recently a young acquaintance of mine asked me to make her some roses to possibly give to her boyfriend her Valentine's Day.. She's probably about 16 years old I kind of think it's cute remembering what young love was like At that age.... However this was not some task that I was willing to accomplish however this is something more in my daughter's realm I asked her if she'd be willing to complete this project for her here's a few of the pictures that she made... She wanted a dozen Blue roses.. The last picture with the butterfly roses is a photo that the girl presented to us as an example of what she was looking for.. I think my daughter did pretty well... She's very talented at this type of thing.. My daughter did say the hardest part of the project was just rolling the flowers and keeping it tight....

IMG_20230130_193729.jpg

IMG_20230207_194628.jpg

IMG_20230207_194614.jpg

IMG_20230207_194637.jpg

IMG_20230129_191603.jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel
  • Like 7

27 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

Blocking. Upside down. Priscilla Hewitt Petite Pineapple doily pattern. Next, Dawnglow by Draiguna. More roses and making more stems. 

1A4F903F-DF8F-46C4-B286-6DBB2CA33640.jpeg

I've done the Petite Pineapple doily.  It's a good one!  

I want to crochet Dawnglow but haven't gotten to it yet.  Looking forward to seeing it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCcountrygal said:

Blocking. Upside down. Priscilla Hewitt Petite Pineapple doily pattern. Next, Dawnglow by Draiguna. More roses and making more stems. 

1A4F903F-DF8F-46C4-B286-6DBB2CA33640.jpeg

Beautiful, nice colours

• Like 1

Started on Dawnglow, but may lay it aside to work on my Tammy sweater a little bit.  A Dolman sleeved sweater by Christa, Secret Yarnery.  Still making roses, as well.  Ordered some green floral tape and more artificial baby breath.  That stuff just enhances a rose bouquet.  Garden planning next.  Will probably go off online for awhile.  Keep on keepin on....  😄