What's on your hook or needle??

Jayashiangel

I haven't been on here for a while, as I have not been crocheting, especially, since I sent my box up.  Now I am starting again.  Love everything I have seen. 

Love you fridge.  Wish mine looked that good. I am forever moving things around, and the bottom shelf I can only us 1/2 of it, as I can not reach in the back.

I have been trying to use up my yarn also.  Don't know if it is to make room for more or not. :rofl

Hi everyone...

I always have at least one hook project going. If it's not for new babies in the neighborhood it's a comfort ghan for people who need a hug, christening blankets for my church, and NICU blankets and hats (neighbor is a nurse and works in a 170+ bed unit in a Manhattan hospital). My stash is used for the NICU.  She loves when I make colorful blankets and will sometimes send me pictures...

Thanks Tampa Jo and Judianne for joining in with what you got going on..Yesterday I made a big batch of a Veggie Soup cleaning out the fridge add black beans & spinach to a basic style chicken soup recipe subbing Veggie broth...Today went Halloween shopping with dear daughter bought some cotton yarn 1.99 a skein 30% off to make upcoming projects...

20220924_082242.jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel
  • Like 1

Proud to show and display a hat my daughter made recently for her Halloween costume... The funny thing about  this is she previously made a different color hat and I was showing it to a coworker and showing her the new hat and now she would like the previous colored hat in a peacock theme so she can use it for her Halloween costume...

20220928_141506.jpg

20220928_141451.jpg

• Like 3

My sister sent me this pattern and asked me to make 4 bibs.  It is from Annie's Crochet Newsletter Nov.-Dec. No. 48 1990.  She ues to crochet, but can't do it anymore, so she asked me.  Shocked the heck out of me, so I said yes.  I just finished the middle part that is the cheveron, now I have to work on the outside part.

It is size 10 thread, size 12 hook.  I do not  usually go this small on hooks.  Thank goodness I have the thread hooks with bamboo handles.

Baby Bib (4).jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

My sister sent me this pattern and asked me to make 4 bibs.  It is from Annie's Crochet Newsletter Nov.-Dec. No. 48 1990.  She ues to crochet, but can't do it anymore, so she asked me.  Shocked the heck out of me, so I said yes.  I just finished the middle part that is the cheveron, now I have to work on the outside part.

It is size 10 thread, size 12 hook.  I do not  usually go this small on hooks.  Thank goodness I have the thread hooks with bamboo handles.

Baby Bib (4).jpg

One of my least favorite phrases in crochet is "it's too pretty to use" but that bib would qualify. 

• Like 2

Thanks everyone.... Wow Mary Jo that bib is phenomenal And I have to agree with greyhound grandma It's too pretty to use....

I've been working on a few projects for myself at home croched double sided dish scrubbies.... The other day I ran to Hobby Lobby to get some scrubby yarn in white  So if I make a project for someone else I have a bi have a basic color for me it doesn't usually matter what color my scrubbies are... Let me tell you guys about a yarn disaster I picked up a ball of very scrubby yarn $5.99 no big deal I've used red heart before so I figured there's would be just as good WRONG  I get home I start crocheting About half a row in on a 3 by 4 scrubby yarn  Is like single thread for changes to like  Single thread for like if you were gonna sew a button on For maybe 2 to 4" then it switches back to the way it's supposed to be and this process repeats constantly throughout the 3 by 4" scrubby I was trying to complete constantly half of it cut it and pick it back up back together.. A scrubby that should have took possibly a 10 to 15 minutes to create took me over an hour with this issue and then I had to weave all the ends in.. So if you happen to be a fan of the scrubby yarn please pick up scrubby yarn from Michael's they have their summer line I'm clearance right now for like $ 2.37 a skein

20220930_120525.jpg

20220930_120420.jpg

Hey everyone I'm back from my work week.. I work part of the weekend in 2 days of of the regular week so sometimes I get a little off since I work nights.. Today is all the household chore game You all know cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping that kind of stuff... But today I'm adding in bulk cooking which will include dinner tonight  & leftovers fir tomorrow and extra meatloaf to freeze... So I currently have the grocery shopping done and it's only 8:30 in the morning I have load one washing machine-ground chicken thawing and  4 baked potatoes cooking in the toaster oven...

This week I'm currently working on a gift for a coworker's daughter in law  who is expecting their grandchild any day now... But she comes from a situation where her mom really wasn't there so she's not used to people trying to help or take care of her.. She was put on bed rest not that long ago so it's taken a toll of her trying to get used to people to "helping her" and caring about her...I thought it would be nice to make something just for her since the baby will always be receiving stuff plus it gave me a project to work on...

I decided to make a shawl and this will be my 2nd  hopefully it will work out rectangular style shawl due to the fact that I have a lack great tension... I usually work on projects that are a little more forgiving in the tension game. This is V stitch pattern that I found online at Raverly.

20221006_064355.jpg

20221006_064346.jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel

Thanks for your comments about this shawl pattern Mary Jo and Judianne...Currently it's going well & I have #2 on the hook as well in my work bag using Hobby Lobby acrylic yarn..  It seems to work up well with either type of yarn but I think I prefer the lighter weight yarn to work with just because of the texture.. I'm thinking maybe using a lighter weight even a 2 strain of baby yarn would give a perfect texture plus I am sure every one has lots of those balls in their stash...

updated pic...

20221009_131920.jpg

• Like 2

Hey everyone... I've been busy for the last few days spending some quality time with my daughter.... I did however finish the cream colored shawl was making for new mother's gift For a CO worker's daughter-in-law who just had a baby yesterday a happy bouncing boy of a whole 10 pounds 6 oz...(Lion Brand Comfy cotton use 3 balls)  I would have liked to get a better picture before gifting it away however it was pouring down rain yesterday in a little difficult to photo I folded in half and laid it on my bed.... What I really like about this pattern is I can make this shawl rectangular design but due to the fact that you're using V stitch it gives it enough stretch yet keeps it shape which is a problem that I have as I have a lack of great tension.. So you would notice that my sides wouldn't normally be off.. But not with this it came out perfect this also may be a great pattern to use to make a baby blanket as well....

20221015_141528.jpg

2 hours ago, Jayashiangel said:

Hey everyone... I've been busy for the last few days spending some quality time with my daughter.... I did however finish the cream colored shawl was making for new mother's gift For a CO worker's daughter-in-law who just had a baby yesterday a happy bouncing boy of a whole 10 pounds 6 oz...(Lion Brand Comfy cotton use 3 balls)  I would have liked to get a better picture before gifting it away however it was pouring down rain yesterday in a little difficult to photo I folded in half and laid it on my bed.... What I really like about this pattern is I can make this shawl rectangular design but due to the fact that you're using V stitch it gives it enough stretch yet keeps it shape which is a problem that I have as I have a lack of great tension.. So you would notice that my sides wouldn't normally be off.. But not with this it came out perfect this also may be a great pattern to use to make a baby blanket as well....

20221015_141528.jpg

Love it...and that pattern would make a great baby blanket. 

Hey everyone...  Just a quick update on the  hat my daughter made for the coworker... It was just perfect for the  family Halloween party that she participated in... I was a little more than shocked when she paid me for the hat last in the evening...$100 :eek...

I've been working on little Mini projects for myself for personal use so so nothing recently to share other than my little scrubby sponge washcloth...

The weather here in PHX is shifted and it's getting a little bit chillier at night last night it was 52゚ I think my daughter's cat is cold she tends to be a little spoiled can't you tell...

20221025_105127.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jayashiangel said:

Hey everyone...  Just a quick update on the  hat my daughter made for the coworker... It was just perfect for the  family Halloween party that she participated in... I was a little more than shocked when she paid me for the hat last in the evening...$100 :eek...

I've been working on little Mini projects for myself for personal use so so nothing recently to share other than my little scrubby sponge washcloth...

The weather here in PHX is shifted and it's getting a little bit chillier at night last night it was 52゚ I think my daughter's cat is cold she tends to be a little spoiled can't you tell...

Good for you on the payment for the hat!!! Way to go.

I figure, when a pet is spoiled, that means they are loved unconditionally. 🥰

I'm working on a few little projects too. What I should be doing is making the great-grands some things for my DD to take back with her next month. Maybe some little amigurumi's for each of them. It just dawned on me- Chapstick cozy keychains! They're perfect for backpacks.

RENI

I was just at Walmart today looking around... And I happened to look in some different areas and these were the things I saw from the company... Claire's that are now inside the Walmart..

• Mini Back Packs 
  •  Cupcake purses
  •  I found these key chains in the automotive section.... Squishy key chains that I think you could modify to make chapstick bags with key chains that would fit on...

I do know that you can do a Google search and come up with patterns for these that are free that are similar in crochet.... For whatever reason my links won't link....

20221028_103257.jpg

20221028_103437.jpg

20221028_105727.jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel

2 hours ago, Jayashiangel said:

RENI

I was just at Walmart today looking around... And I happened to look in some different areas and these were the things I saw from the company... Claire's that are now inside the Walmart..

• Mini Back Packs 
  •  Cupcake purses
  •  I found these key chains in the automotive section.... Squishy key chains that I think you could modify to make chapstick bags with key chains that would fit on...

I do know that you can do a Google search and come up with patterns for these that are free that are similar in crochet.... For whatever reason my links won't link....

Isn't it amazing what Walmart carries now?

GD came across a link for cute Reversible Octopi Amigurumi- sad face, happy face which would be great too for little ones in the hospital as gifts. I also have a pattern in my stash for a Mini Backpack-3"x4". So far, I have 3 projects on my list. Hats, Octopus, and ChapStick cozy's. Since I'm making for 4 Grt Grands, they will keep me busy for a while.