What's on your hook or needle??

Jayashiangel

Thanks to Reni suggestions... It got me thinking and so I decided to make a few chapstick holders for something to do  While I'm sitting at work.... These will also be quick little things that give away..... All I have to do now is just pick up some chopstick that part should be easy with those multipacts you get for Christmas.. I think the total cost would just be the price of those... So maybe 5 bucks or so... All the other stuff I already had in my stash.... I thought I'd share pictures of what I already created... These could be created using either this type of ring or a circular keyring... I also opted to make it a little bit longer after the 1st one just due to the fact that it gives you a little bit more space To insert your chapstick and don't feel like you're right up against the metal..(*** Make sure you use a chain of 5 across  Or it'll be too small when you whip stitch the sides closed trust me I found out the hard way after I had to toss the 1st one in the trash can After I cut it off from the ring so I could repurpose the ring)

20221030_170240.jpg

20221029_125430.jpg

20221031_121123.jpg

20221031_121101.jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/26/2022 at 6:08 AM, judianne said:

Hi...been busy making Christmas and Hanukkah hats, as well as a couple of small blankets in same color schemes

Hat sound interesting along with matching blankets..... I'm currently working on a couple different projects Nothing has been currently completed at this time I had one that I thought was almost done which was a Shawl but it ended up being too big and I needed to adjust this so I'm taking it all apart.. And restarting it again...

I currently have a few other projects in the works As well...

15 hours ago, Jayashiangel said:

Hat sound interesting along with matching blankets..... I'm currently working on a couple different projects Nothing has been currently completed at this time I had one that I thought was almost done which was a Shawl but it ended up being too big and I needed to adjust this so I'm taking it all apart.. And restarting it again...

I currently have a few other projects in the works As well...

Frogging is not fun! Good luck!

Hey everyone... Just this past weekend  we dropped off our angel tree donations... This year we picked 4 children...  Ranging from 23 months to 12 years.... Is 2 boys and 2 girls... It was very interesting going out and trying to get the items that are on the list for donations...  So I think we did pretty good this year... We spent $250.... We decided a few years ago to start donating to people who really need the items that are not asking for anything they're just in need.... As some of our family members seem to come around only on holidays with their hands out expecting everything..... And I would rather spend my time and energy during the holidays looking for something for someone Whose family really needs the extra assistance getting kids Christmas gift... Not xboxes and Gift cards  So that they can play some video game for 10 minutes cause they used all their gift card... You know basic essentials like clothes/ Is hair accessories/  Or a small stroller to be able to push their  baby around in around in.. It makes you think when a twelve-year-old fills out an angel tree card asking for a blanket....

Edited by Jayashiangel
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Currently making an afghan for my 8 year old. I started it in the variegated yarn and quickly realized I wasn't going to have nearly enough yarn. This pattern works up at about an ounce an inch. So off I went to Hobby Lobby for some I love this yarn to make up the difference. I'm really enjoying it so far. 

anas blanket.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing your guys projects & pictures...I have been mostly working on cellphone cases/wallets and tissue cases...

A few week ago I really wanted a nice quick crochet bralette to wear under tank tops...however being a plus size girl 52 DD not Barbie doll anywhere finding patterns that work was challenging...so after reading/ surfing the various websites I got my hook out & got to work with several mods I was finally able to work up this top but after wearing all day a few weeks ago I need to only make one change the cream color area needs to be shorter & tighter..but I will still wear it!!!  I already got another being created with that change...

20221222_080722.jpg

20221222_080729.jpg

20221222_080806.jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel
  • Like 4

On 12/31/2022 at 3:13 PM, Courtney0508 said:

That's very pretty and awesome that you were able to figure it out yourself!

Basically I use conceptual ideas that I wanted found a pattern similar And just modified it from there using the concept of this is just cheaper yarn it'll be OK.... To test it out and figure out how to modify from there  Cost was 0 as I had the yarn in stash...

The 2nd pattern.... It's almost completed I'm working on the straps now this one is perfect.... 2 of the changes that I made Are I flipped the stitch pattern  And removed out the extra row that were not needed at the bottom......  I also used a softer yarn and change a hook size for the base to make it tighter...As soon as I get it done I will post it....

Edited by Jayashiangel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jayashiangel said:

Basically I use conceptual ideas that I wanted found a pattern similar And just modified it from there using the concept of this is just cheaper yarn it'll be OK.... To test it out and figure out how to modify from there  Cost was 0 as I had the yarn in stash...

The 2nd pattern.... It's almost completed I'm working on the straps now this one is perfect.... As soon as I get it done I will post it....

Best way to learn and gain so much knowledge! 🙂

Adding another WIP on my current rotating list.  The Blooming CAL that I posted in another topic inspired me to make floral granny squares over the next several months and gift it to a sil. First square out of total 35 to complete.

On the sewing list: cardinal, six swans a swimming doily.

Third try on cat head was as close to gauge I could manage, and I added a fingering sock yarn to make it a thicker fiber.

23EB59C9-83C7-4542-8995-502EDF92987A.jpeg

Edited by NCcountrygal
Spelling and add photo
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

After taking the photo I noticed I had stitches missing on the hyacinth square.  Will fix that sometime today.

The latest bloom in Christa's cal is the orange one.

IMG_E0781.JPG

Very pretty and that is going to be awesome when it is done.

I am working on a gingerbread girl and boy.  Testing it out for a friend.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

After taking the photo I noticed I had stitches missing on the hyacinth square.  Will fix that sometime today.

IMG_E0781.JPG

Those squares are beautiful!

I'm working on a scrap granny shawl right now.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

What color/colors are you aiming for? Or not. Lol. When I do scrap yarn it’s a hodge podge of colors. 

This is going to be a lovely hodge podge. I grabbed a bunch of larger balls from my stash and tossed them in a bag. So far it's camel brown and *bright* green. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

IMG_E0781.JPG

Beautiful work! I also love the colors💜💚

Edited by judianne
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2023 at 7:20 AM, NCcountrygal said:

IMG_E0781.JPG

This looks great 👍

• Thanks 1