What's on your hook or needle??

Jayashiangel

Adding a Red Heart shawl (Have a Heart) and a Secret Yarnery Drunken Granny blanket with drunken border.  Shawl will be A gift for dil birthday later in the year.  Waiting for yarn to arrive, then I'll start. (around 4-5pm)

On row 79 on the granny caddy.  

Edited by NCcountrygal
corrections
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just made these worry worms pattern for my zipper pulls for my backpack... They go together very quickly the longest part is waiting like an hour for the goggley eyes to dry...

20230604_131437.jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Jayashiangel said:

Just made these worry worms pattern for my zipper pulls for my backpack... They go together very quickly the longest part is waiting like an hour for the goggley eyes to dry...

20230604_131437.jpg

Love them. These are what I want to put on my fidget blankets for my senior home charity. 

• Like 1

Jayashiangel- Oh those worry worms are very cute! I saw some patterns a few weeks back and thought I would make some for the grt-grands. Now I have to wait for this silly old pain in my hand to go away first.

Tina- That's a great idea for your fidget blankets.

There are so many things I want to make, and I know I'll never get through my list in my lifetime. But, a gal can dream. 😉

• Like 2

Yarnspirations kaleidoscope shawl. Used Unforgettable from Red Heart.  Not a fan even though it is such a soft yarn. It is inconsistent with thin and thick through out. Not quite finished yet, making it for my neighbors little girl.YarnspirationsKalieiscoperesize.thumb.jpg.b27a372fbbf2d788162ee04b496f0c97.jpg

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Lacycrochet said:

Yarnspirations kaleidoscope shawl. Used Unforgettable from Red Heart.  Not a fan even though it is such a soft yarn. It is inconsistent with thin and thick through out. Not quite finished yet, making it for my neighbors little girl.YarnspirationsKalieiscoperesize.thumb.jpg.b27a372fbbf2d788162ee04b496f0c97.jpg

The colors are so pretty. Any little girl would love it!

• Like 2

Still busy working on my little wiggly worms..... Right now this is a very simple project for me.... The most complicated part is just getting the wiggly eyes to stay still when you put them on... I was using some tacky glue.... It seems to do really well... The first Two I made the eyeballs were way too small... So I went up to a size 7mm much better....

I also think that this would be a great project to donate to any location that has cats..... I would however sew the eyes on like little X's or something...

The best part of this project also also is using up your scraps.... And a perfect little project for kids to start learning to crochet....

20230608_120840.jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel
  • Like 3

They are just adorable.  

Right now I am making a furbaby for someone.  It is a small version.  I have 2 patterns one is knitted and one is crocheted.  I picked the crocheted one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finishing up on a daisy square bag.  Strap next.  https://www.etsy.com/listing/1241384220/summer-days-daisy-bag-crochet-pattern

70% of san mateo shell tank top.  Pattern instructions for the neck/shoulder aren't very good, so I'm winging that.

Pattern available as a kit from Herrschners or Lion Brand. 

San Mateo Shell Top made with 24/7 Cotton - YouTube

Edited by NCcountrygal
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 10:17 PM, Jayashiangel said:

20230608_120840.jpg

Update:

I recently made up a 2 dozen to donate minus the 👀 eyes for the kittens to play with at the Human Society here in Phoenix my mom is a volunteer there & said they just loved them..she asked me to make lot more for them....(my mom thinks that crochet work takes minutes not hours)

I am also working on round cat bed mats as well for the metal kennels...

Edited by Jayashiangel

Currently have completed 7 pet beds and have another on the hook...And I have a gallon ziplock baggie, I am filling up with those worry worms that the cats can play with as well.... I'm working on these while I watch television.....

20230703_130406.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

The San Mateo tank was a disappointment.  The pattern wasn't good.  Had to fudge alot.  Finished an oversized top.  Ok, for on the deck wear.  Working on Sirin's summer chevron top I started last year and ran into so many errors.  Ended up buying the yarn she used Alize in a shades of aqua.  Had to look at her video and a few others with english translations to get moving on it.  Made it past the sleeve closure and now it's just round and round till the length is right.  Probably will need some sc to decrease the neckline opening, too.  

Been painting mom's garden gnomes and a turtle.  Finished 2 three foot gnomes last week and 2 little ones and a turtle this week.

Today I started on a PlanetJune donkey(mule) pattern I'm making for my neighbor.  Stay cooool everybody.

IMG_E0845.JPG

IMG_E0844.JPG

• Like 2

Love the gnomes and turtle.  They look great.

After the Wendy disaster, I am very careful with patterns that are translated.

Always seems to be a  problem with the translations.

• Like 1

I'm working on a pattern I got from etsy called squish factor. It's lightweight, easy 1 row repeat, and very soft and textured. I am really enjoying it!

20230803_124717.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Courtney0508 said:

I'm working on a pattern I got from etsy called squish factor. It's lightweight, easy 1 row repeat, and very soft and textured. I am really enjoying it!

20230803_124717.jpg

That is a nice stitch.  Love the colour also.

On 7/28/2023 at 12:30 PM, NCcountrygal said:

...............Been painting mom's garden gnomes and a turtle.  Finished 2 three foot gnomes last week and 2 little ones and a turtle this week.  ......................

I've been threatening to repaint my yard art but have not looked into paint that will be okay in the harsh desert sun. Did you use a special outdoor paint? This would be a good project for me to stay out of the heat.

14 hours ago, ReniC said:

I've been threatening to repaint my yard art but have not looked into paint that will be okay in the harsh desert sun. Did you use a special outdoor paint? This would be a good project for me to stay out of the heat.

You can shop around as the price varies.  ie Hobby Lobby for the Patio Paint Outdoor 

I used both Outdoor Patio and Outdoor Living by DecoArt.  

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Craft-Paint-Stencils/Acrylic-Craft-Paints/DecoArt-Patio-Paint/p/1427

https://shop.decoart.com/patio-paint-outdoor-acrylic-paint/?sku=DCP03-30

https://shop.decoart.com/americana-decor-outdoor-living/

5 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Thank you for the info. I totally forgot about Decoart's line. That was the only brand I used for Decorative Painting. I still have a closet full of paints (about 150 colors) and supplies but none for outdoor. I'll go online and see what there is to order, order some and put myself in a happy-camp. 😄

41 minutes ago, ReniC said:

Thank you for the info. I totally forgot about Decoart's line. That was the only brand I used for Decorative Painting. I still have a closet full of paints (about 150 colors) and supplies but none for outdoor. I'll go online and see what there is to order, order some and put myself in a happy-camp. 😄

You are welcome.  The main difference in the outdoor line is it has sealant mixed in.  No need to seal/varnish after painting.  I also liked the easy soap and water brush clean up.  72 hours for full dry per instructions but on the deck in sun it was pretty dry to touch after a day.  All of moms decor bakes in the sun and stays outdoors year round.  Last year and before still looking good.  Enjoy!

On 8/6/2023 at 1:24 PM, NCcountrygal said:

You are welcome.  The main difference in the outdoor line is it has sealant mixed in.  No need to seal/varnish after painting.  I also liked the easy soap and water brush clean up.  72 hours for full dry per instructions but on the deck in sun it was pretty dry to touch after a day.  All of moms decor bakes in the sun and stays outdoors year round.  Last year and before still looking good.  Enjoy!

Your painting turned out lovely and inspired me. DD1 picked some paint for me yesterday and will get me more when I need it. Again, thanks for the reminder about outdoor acrylics and the tips also.

• Like 1