What's on your hook or needle??

Jayashiangel

Hey everyone I know we're all busy doing different things and got a million different things on either a knitting needle or a hook... Sometimes I like to share  just what I'm currently working on even if it looks like a disaster... It's always fun to see a work in progress before you get to the final product you know with all the little pieces of yarn sticking out and 1001 stitch markers holding everything together.... So jump in and share what you got going.... I'll get it started...

Currently I am working on a bag for my grandson who's in high school... His color request was red and white I'm not a real big fan of stripes but I'm giving it a go..... I started this on Saturday while I'm at work.... I know it's bowing I think due to the softness of the yarn I'm currently yarn from my stash which is a lion's brand Cherry in color and a white that I also found in my stash that similar fuzzy but it's going to be just fine it's for him to use for high school....

20220809_170147(1).jpg

20220809_170138_HDR(1).jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel
  • Like 4

Jayashiangel, I like the colors!

There is a blouse on my hook. I have one from the same pattern, but this one will have short sleeves and the yarn is bamboo and cotton blend. It's going to be perfect for summer 😄 but I'm not sure if that means this year's summer...

20220810_162809.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Apak said:

There is a blouse on my hook. I have one from the same pattern, but this one will have short sleeves and the yarn is bamboo and cotton blend. It's going to be perfect for summer 😄 but I'm not sure if that means this year's summer...

20220810_162809.jpg

Looks good Anna... I hear you about which summer...

Just Rip out the bag re-started due to the bowing issue...Now it looks like a little boat....so it's folding up better!! Not so flopping on one side

20220810_211634(1).jpg

20220811_063327(1).jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel
  • Like 2

I know there's lookie Lou's out there checking everything out.... Please don't be shy jump right in and post what you got..

Here's another project I have on a hook as you can see I also keep them in Ziploc baggies as I work on them and label the bag with the appropriate hook cuz sometimes I switch around and it takes me awhile to get back... This pretty colorful circle is a project for a co-worker it will soon be a nice beautiful bag......

20220811_083223(1).jpg

• Like 3

Good morning to everyone it's currently 5:00 Arizona time we've been without power since 8:00 last night wasn't too bad until about 3:00 a.m. when it started getting a little warm as long as it was raining the temperature went down once the rain stopped the temperature went up.... I was able to check my phone and find out that there are several power lines down estimated 3,500 people without power ..so currently sitting here with some small lights that I have for stash for power outages and stuff.... My little mini USB fan plugged in into a  USB charger bank that I have sitting in my chair in the in the dark in my house with a small light on thinking think flashlight type digging through my to go bag for work to find my crochet neck light so can I can at least sit here and crochet and feel like I'm being productive...... An updated picture of the bag I'm working on as you can see it's kind of hard to see in the dark but the light at least helps and I can continue working I'm currently working on the straps the bag has been completed it's just the strap time..... I'll probably have to toss some of my refrigerator food been almost 12 hours with out power...

20220819_045829(1).jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel
  • Like 1

Day 3 this morning power was still out moved fridge and full size freezer full of food to my mom's house 🏠 boy was that process a mess... tossed trash bags of thawed warm stuff...and rinsed dish food dishes that food was tossed from. So I have less of a process when I get back at least they're all & won't smell... Our kitty seems to be doing okay even though it's been a little warm in there but I'm sure she's not a happy cat without her air conditioning and fan running..

Late this afternoon we received your text from the electric company stating the power was back on I will be going over first thing in the morning to check before I move everything again and wipe down everything in the fridge and freezer and soapy water and clean it good before I stuff everything back in there....🙄

Thanks for stopping by Tulip ensuring what you're currently working on I have a few of those animal shelter blankets that I need to weave the ends in that's my next thing to do.....

Well I'm trucking along still on this project I just finished the bag and I'm getting ready to start on the other items that go along with it... As you can see the part that I hate the most weaving in the end but I am a stickler for doing this even if I crochet over them I end up pulling them out and weaving them in Just for better safety purposes I'd hate for it to have a project come apart because I didn't weave end in... The next photo was a picture of the close up of the strap area I made the straps a lot wider just because the person will be using this for school... And last but not least I find an exciting picture of the bag that's completed in my backyard hanging on my clothesline

I guess we're back to whatever is considered normal at my house since we had the power outage but boy was that an eye opener...... The funny thing that made me laugh about the whole situation was I wasn't too worried about it the first day I just went outside to my car and got my neck light and got out my crochet hook and kept on going....

20220825_114254(1).jpg

20220825_120455~2.jpg

20220825_120005(1).jpg

• Like 3

On 8/10/2022 at 10:32 AM, Apak said:

20220810_162809.jpg

How beautiful 😍 

Thanks Anna...

All right everybody this is what I've been doing for the last few days while I'm working the night shift...

A water bottle cozy using sugar and cream cotton yarn as well as a Dollar cotton yarn in white all from my yarn stash..... I use this pattern Jayada In Stiches Water Bottle Cozy    I use a loose base for this pattern I added some key rings to the top which allowed me to make it adjustable with two different type of straps a long one for people who prefer long and a short one for people who prefer short or for different reasons for when you need one different lengths...

I also decided to whip up just for a matching set a key ring that goes with it as well since I had leftover yarn..

So today is the day to box everything up and ship it hope my teenage grandson likes it.....

20220825_120005(1).jpg

20220901_073744(1).jpg

• Like 1

These are some funky things that I have in my crochet bag everyday they help for various reasons...

1-two plastic containers that separate my crochet hooks from my other crochet items...

2-My neck light it really helps when you work in the dark or if you have poor lighting in the house and you're trying to work with a black yarn it's great!!!

3-Last but not least my favorite little pair of scissors from fisker I previously bought some little cheap ones that are similar like this that are metal what but within a few weeks they were dull and wouldn't cut yarn not even thread...

20220901_075813.jpg

20220901_075727(1).jpg

Good morning from Peoria Arizona.... It's currently a sunny 91° working its way towards super hot I'm sure it's been running in the 111*F this past week... Yesterday I did some meal prepping to restock my freezer from the incident that it happened a couple weeks ago when we lost all our power.... I broke out the instapot and I cooked up a batch of teriyaki chicken-a batch of green chili chicken-I also did a batch of stir fry (this was also dinner last night) well all that was going I was also making a big pot of rice... And don't forget we had to have the laundry going as well.... And while I was waiting in between I was working on different crochet projects that I currently have going on.... I currently have a hot pink and black water bottle cover on my hook.... As well as I'm finishing up today on these pet beds for the humane society that I'm going to drop off with my mom later this morning (she works there on Saturday's)

So will the meal prep yesterday I ended up yielding the following... These all go in the freezer so when my daughter and I need a meal and we're in a hurry and they're already ready as we both work different schedules.... And at the end of the day when your feet are hurting from standing on them at work and my daughter's case this makes it very easy for her to eat something healthy versus running through the Wendy's drive-thru...

3 meals teriyaki chicken with rice          4 meals green chili chicken with rice    6 meals of stir fry with rice

20220902_073922.jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel
  • Like 1

Happy Labor Day!!!! Where is everybody hiding????? No one wants to jump in and show photos????

Today is just a work day like any other day of the week.... Got up this morning played clean the kitchen and played clean out the refrigerator a little bit but mostly played corral all the bottles that are in my refrigerator...(be a tea bottles water bottles or your favorite other type of bottle)

I am currently working on this bag I've been working on it on and off for the last several weeks around other projects I work on.... There's no massive rush to get this finished it's just for a co-worker.... As a surprise gift plus it gives me something to do while I sit around....

20220905_115340~3.jpg

20220905_164217(1).jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel

Happy Friday everyone!!  I had a safety meeting I had to attend for work but of course it was on a day that I work Tuesday which also is my technical Friday I had to get up extra early 0900 from my rest when I get off at 5:00 a.m. to get on my honey do list done before the meeting at 1:00 p.m. followed by going to work at 4:00 p.m. and working till 5:00 a.m. boy was I tired oh and just for the fun of it they decided to have me assistant training that night... so on my schedule day off Wednesday I slept most of the day I didn't get up until 11:30 boy was I tired both physically mentally and my eyeballs too a lot of strain on your eyes driving at night in the dark... so this week I also had some major issues in the beginning of the weekend with my LG v30 cell phone the LG company had decided a while back that they were no longer going to be making phones and or doing updates or anything pertaining to your phone so needless to say my phone started having lots of issues and I had to run out and buy a new phone let me tell you the new ones are not cheap about $500.. but just for fun I had to get to one for me and my daughter thankfully they have a zero down zero Finance type dealio and it will only cost me $40 a month for the two phones extra on our bill until we pay it off.. and it's been just tons of fun learning your new phone and also happened to transfer everything from your previous phone over to your new phone so because I had to upgrade my phone I also needed to upgrade my phone case that I carry my phone in because it's just a little bit wider and a little bit longer but there was something else that we noticed with our previous phone that I kept cracking my phone screen cover and I think it was due to the fact that the phone top end was slipping around a little bit so I made a loop on the end of the new one to run the extra holder piece through which also would stop the phone from slipping up out of the case that's my plan so using my handy-dandy new phone here's a quick shot or two of the new phone case let's see how these photos look on your guys's end....

20220909_102541.jpg

20220909_102555.jpg

20220909_102608.jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel

Created a few more pieces today updated wallet bag for my ID etc.. I always add a keyring on the back so I can clip it to my keys...awhile I was at it I also updated by making it large my pocket tissue cover which keeps them clean in my purse..

20220909_205139.jpg

20220909_205134.jpg

20220909_204729.jpg

20220909_204716.jpg

20220909_204708.jpg

20220909_195452.jpg

20220909_192024.jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel

Your cellphone case cover looks like it will work very well. And I sure wish my refrigerator was that clean and organized! 

On 9/10/2022 at 11:18 AM, ReniC said:

Your cellphone case cover looks like it will work very well. And I sure wish my refrigerator was that clean and organized! 

Thanks Reni.. I was able to test out the pattern for the last few days for the cell phone thing it's working great covers everything perfectly plus it allows it to keep stretching to totally cover the phone hopefully no broken screen covers this time....

Well sometimes I have to organize it a little bit because my daughter just shoves crap in there and then she can't find anything and then she doesn't eat stuff.. I do have a mini fridge which keeps most of the drinks in but anything that's been previously opened goes into the big fridge to gets utilized.

Happy Saturday I took 2 extra days off this week for vacation time at home with daughter we have been going to places we don't get to often due either distance or due to our schedules. Daughter started the previous weekend with painting/prepping her bedroom walls...So we went to Ikea to get a few things for her room...Joanne's on a different side of town "upscale neighborhood " AKA Fancy area....bought fabric for her to make new curtains for her room( Beetle Juice)...Today we went to 2 farmers markets & got some goodies...

While this has been going on this pass work week I started/finish 2 matching sets that coworkers wanted to give to someone (1 in Black & Lime Green Water Bottle Cozy with short & long strap with matching keyring) & (1 Hot pink & Black  Water bottle cozy with a short and long strap and a matching keyring)

I really hate weaving in the Ends!!!!!!

20220917_174852.jpg

20220917_173007.jpg

20220916_213951.jpg

20220916_070401.jpg

20220915_200500.jpg

Hey everyone...I am a little behind getting my previous project sent out however yesterday I saw a you tube video on this quick pencil case...the package has been boxed up tonight along with some note books and some colored pens for the new pencil case.... So he will be getting a new book bag, a matching keychain & matching water bottle holder as well.. The total cost of this project was just for the pens and a couple of the notebooks from the dollar store..So under $5....all the yarn & craft pieces was in my craft stash!!!!

20220921_194509.jpg

20220921_194532.jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel

Wow! Love the color schemes on the bottle cozy's. The pencil case is a great idea. Don't you just love it when a project turns out great and is cost productive at the same time?

Geesh, I haven't been to a JoAnn's or Michaels in over 3 years. The closest is 35 miles away and I don't travel anymore. I had withdrawals for a long time. LOL!

Reni- It was great that it was cost effective  Since I live in Peoria It's hard when all the stores are so close makes you want to run out and go grab a different color but I'm really trying to use what I have cause I have a lot in our stash as both my daughter and I crochet we do have a lot in our 🏠... Well if you ever need a fix let me know I'll send you care 📦 package... I have Hobby Lobby ,Joann's and Michael's and Walmart... Today I just sent out a package as well to a friend who doesn't have a have a lot of options in the small little town there in so I just sent them  package spices from Trader Joe's and other stores...

Edited by Jayashiangel

22 hours ago, Jayashiangel said:

Reni- It was great that it was cost effective  Since I live in Peoria It's hard when all the stores are so close makes you want to run out and go grab a different color but I'm really trying to use what I have cause I have a lot in our stash as both my daughter and I crochet we do have a lot in our 🏠... Well if you ever need a fix let me know I'll send you care 📦 package... I have Hobby Lobby ,Joann's and Michael's and Walmart... Today I just sent out a package as well to a friend who doesn't have a have a lot of options in the small little town there in so I just sent them  package spices from Trader Joe's and other stores...

That is so thoughtful of you for the offer. My DD goes shopping in Bullhead City area and Las Vegas once in a while and picks "stuff" up for me then. I also miss going to bead shops and the department stores looking at all the wonderful things and especially smelling perfumes, looking at shoes and handbags. I guess I just miss going, period. But, then again, I think of all the money I've saved- LOL!