What's on your hook or needle??

Jayashiangel

Was asked if I could make baby blankets for twin boys  ...how could I say no...lol!

I was shown a picture of a knitted blanket the party liked, so I showed them a pattern from Attic24 and put my own spin on it, to include using BLO. It's Scuba Ombre red heart yarn and pure white for accents...looks like ocean 🌊 

20230113_103043.jpg

Edited by judianne
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, judianne said:

Was asked if I could make baby blankets for twin boys  ...how could I say no...lol!

I was shown a picture of a knitted blanket the party liked, so I showed them a pattern from Attic24 and put my own spin on it, to include using BLO. It's Scuba Ombre red heart yarn and pure white for accents...looks like ocean 🌊 

20230113_103043.jpg

Thats a beautiful color. Love the waves. 

• Like 2

Judy- That's so pretty! It reminds me of ocean waves, and I love the color theme but I'm very partial to blues. 😄

Thanks, Reni! The turquoise and palest blue in this Ombre are truly beautiful. I sent this sneek peek picture to the lady requesting the gift and they were thrilled already! The picture was shared and another lady requested a girl themed colorway...ran out and bought the yarn for it....THEN asked if I would make the exact same pattern...lol! 

This is working up fast. I'm already halfway into blanket number one.

Edited by judianne

Love the blanket, of course I love the colors.  

I am finished with the Fall dress for the Hug me doll, Once I get her hair done, I will be making the Winder dress.  She will have 4 dresses.  Spring, Summer, Fall and winter.

• Like 1

I started a Christmas gift today! I'm making my Mom a Hexagon blanket. This yarn is actually from a blanket she made when I was a kid that she unraveled and kept in the closet for years.  I can't wait to give it to her.

IMG_20230115_103647.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, judianne said:

Mary jo...that's a test project? If it is, are you allowed to share pictures?

I am doing the best I can on the pictures.  I just finished her face, not happy with it, but have to go with it. So with in the next couple of days you will see a picture.

Yarnboy, love the yarn you are using and you Mom is going to love the sentiment behind it.

• Like 1

Working on doilies as usual.  Was about halfway thru one yesterday, decided I didn't like how it was coming along so I decided to unravel it and start something different.  I might go with the tried and true pinwheel doily (in dark green this time) while I decide what new pattern to go with next.

Every now and then I think about crocheting a doily pattern as an Afghan.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scoop183 said:

Working on doilies as usual.  Was about halfway thru one yesterday, decided I didn't like how it was coming along so I decided to unravel it and start something different.  I might go with the tried and true pinwheel doily (in dark green this time) while I decide what new pattern to go with next.

Every now and then I think about crocheting a doily pattern as an Afghan.

Ouch on the ripping.  I have done that many a times, what crocheter hasn't.  

I have made a couple of doilies into table covers, especially for holidays.  If I remember someone here made a baby afghan with a doily pattern.

I got a couple of pictures today of Hug-A-Baby in her Fall dress.  I will be working on the Spring Dress today.  I hope the pictures are Ok.  Having trouble with the camera.  Whatever happened to point and shoot cameras?

Her Dress is made with cotton yarn.  Trying to clean out my stash.

HugaBabyFall01.jpg

• Like 6

On 1/17/2023 at 8:05 AM, Tampa Doll said:

I got a couple of pictures today of Hug-A-Baby in her Fall dress.  I will be working on the Spring Dress today.  I hope the pictures are Ok.  Having trouble with the camera.  Whatever happened to point and shoot cameras?

Her Dress is made with cotton yarn.  Trying to clean out my stash.

HugaBabyFall01.jpg

Great way to use up your stash Mary Jo... I think you pulled the look together with camo coloring perfectly....

My new cell phone that I got a couple months back drives me crazy as well trying to use the camera... You point click and have to wait don't move your phone... Till it gets done trying to figure out how to take a photo.... It can be a Royal pain....

Edited by Jayashiangel
  • Haha 1

Prioritizing my growing wip list.  lol

Making Tulip doily and if I like it well enough some of my SILs will get one for Spring/Easter gifts.  🙂  On my 3rd Circle of Daisies also will be gifts for Spring Easter. 12 squares completed on Bloomscape CAL.  Two squares joined using braid technique.  Want to get them all joined while I await the next flower for the CAL. 16 more squares should do it.  Will wait till I see all the flowers before I complete.

IMG_E0784.JPG

IMG_E0782.JPG

• Like 6

2 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Prioritizing my growing wip list.  lol

Two squares joined using braid technique.

Those squares are beautiful.  Love that braid stitch, I have never seen that technique before.

• Like 1

A couple of doilies I finished recently.  The rainbow one is about 9" across and the orange & green one is about 7" across.

I was trying to find a pattern/color combo that worked well with the rainbow thread.  (Actually I think the thread is called Mexican.)

20230121_153820.jpg

20230121_153833.jpg

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Scoop183 said:

A couple of doilies I finished recently.  The rainbow one is about 9" across and the orange & green one is about 7" across.

I was trying to find a pattern/color combo that worked well with the rainbow thread.  (Actually I think the thread is called Mexican.)

20230121_153820.jpg

20230121_153833.jpg

Gorgeous!  Many years ago there was a red heart yarn called Mexicana....looked just like that thread!

• Thanks 1

We are out running errands in the snow, and I brought crochet for the car. Working on Mom's hexagon blanket. I found out yesterday the variegated is actually vintage Wintuk yarn called rose ombre. Someone in a FB group I'm in is using it.

IMG_20230122_114522__01.jpg

• Like 4

Be careful out running errands in the snow.  At least someone is getting the white stuff.  We were hoping to see some at the KC game, but it stopped before the game.  At times I do miss it, but then I remember driving in it and glad I am down here.

Love the color you are using for your Mom's afghan.

I was looking thru some of my yarn and found some Wintuck yarn. 

Well have a fun day and be careful. 

• Like 1