What's on your hook or needle??

Jayashiangel

I need to get my act together and finish my WIP's. I've been so lax lately due to stress and migraines. Feeling great today so there's no excuse to not crochet this evening.

4 Thread angels, 1 hot pad, blanket, 1 scarf. Not to mention all the other WIP's I have stuck in corners of closets and cupboards.

15 hours ago, ReniC said:

I need to get my act together and finish my WIP's. I've been so lax lately due to stress and migraines. Feeling great today so there's no excuse to not crochet this evening.

4 Thread angels, 1 hot pad, blanket, 1 scarf. Not to mention all the other WIP's I have stuck in corners of closets and cupboards.

Hope you have a great day! today.  I feel awful this AM, so won't get much done.

Oh  Reni, I feel you pain.  I decided to move things around and to find what I have to use up.

Found a kit for gnomes for fall in my stash.  I mean it was in the bottom of the pile.  :sigh:shrug I right now am working on a snow gnome.

Have fun

5 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Oh  Reni, I feel you pain.  I decided to move things around and to find what I have to use up.

Found a kit for gnomes for fall in my stash.  I mean it was in the bottom of the pile.  :sigh:shrug I right now am working on a snow gnome.

Have fun

I think I mentioned before how much DD1 and I love gnomes. I haven't made any since last Christmas season. Maybe it's time for the one I wanted to make her with interchanging seasonal hats. It will have to wait until I finish my WIPs though. I look forward to seeing yours.

On 10/13/2023 at 8:16 AM, Lacycrochet said:

Hopefully you have better luck then me.  I try that periodically, get three rows done then put it away to make a doily. lol

Well I stuck with the granny ripple afghan, barely.  Lol.

It's about 5' x 2.5'.   just have to hide the tails.

I think I'll give it to my sister.  New Orleans Saints colors and she lives in Louisiana.

Wellllllll, back to doilies.  ❤

20231104_190029.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Scoop183 said:

Well I stuck with the granny ripple afghan, barely.  Lol.

It's about 5' x 2.5'.   just have to hide the tails.

I think I'll give it to my sister.  New Orleans Saints colors and she lives in Louisiana.

Wellllllll, back to doilies.  ❤

20231104_190029.jpg

It is really nice. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lacycrochet said:

The colours are really nice together.

It's Landscape, Mountain Range.  Nice earthy colors.  Have made quite a bit of progress today. 

Had to RIP my topdown back to row 24.  Recalculate size/stitch gauge.  As written my top was like 10 inches too big.  Difference in yarn thickness (slight, because my gauge with I hook was correct starting out) plus my tension got tighter, around, around and around.  Back to body section now and the fit is so much better.

3 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

It's Landscape, Mountain Range.  Nice earthy colors.  Have made quite a bit of progress today. 

Had to RIP my topdown back to row 24.  Recalculate size/stitch gauge.  As written my top was like 10 inches too big.  Difference in yarn thickness (slight, because my gauge with I hook was correct starting out) plus my tension got tighter, around, around and around.  Back to body section now and the fit is so much better.

That sucks having to rip it back.  I usually have the opposite problem when I work with yarn.  I start out tight then get looser as I go along.  It is going to be really nice when it is done.

4 minutes ago, Lacycrochet said:

That sucks having to rip it back.  I usually have the opposite problem when I work with yarn.  I start out tight then get looser as I go along.  It is going to be really nice when it is done.

just to clarify...The Tammy sweater photo above I didn't have to rip back.  I was referring to another sweater.  I posted the link some days back.  It's a topdown design from start to end pretty much, no joining rows. My tweed sweater 🙂  All good now. Both are on the way to being wearable soon.

Edited by NCcountrygal
clarify

12 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

I feel your pain! Many times I've had to frog a large project. I'm glad for you that it's working out better.

• Like 1

Beautiful sweater.  DH would call it a sweater of many colors.  Reverting to the story of Joseph and his coat of many colors.

I envy you all with making cloths.  The closest I have gotten is doll cloths.

I have one more gnome to make and I am done.

It is time to start my seaqin calendar.  I usually make them every year,  I think this is the last one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Beautiful sweater.  DH would call it a sweater of many colors.  Reverting to the story of Joseph and his coat of many colors.

I envy you all with making cloths.  The closest I have gotten is doll cloths.

I have one more gnome to make and I am done.

It is time to start my seaqin calendar.  I usually make them every year,  I think this is the last one.

Thank you all.  It's the unique color choices that usually gives me the urge to make tops. 🙂

Looking forward to seeing your gnome(s).

Another wip. Baby gs top down sweater by daisy farm crafts. Glad she included a video. Learned a new trick so the seam is hidden. Stopping at sleeve join section row12 until I can get some measurements ( this one will have gnome(s) ) sewn on. 
80% done on Tammy, dolman sleeve cardi. 

• Like 1

Finishing my dolman sleeve Tammy cardi today.  Decided I wanted the post stitch cables on the bottom edge too.  House was a bit chilly this AM and I put the cardi on.  Warm, like wrapping a blanket around me.

The baby has his new bear hat.  Fit was somewhat loose (I made it a 6-9 month size and he's 5 months old now) so he has room to grow into it.  Will work on finishing pullover sweater next and making the gnome appliques.  Have a great day to all.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

On row 19 of this shawl.  One or two more rows on my pullover top down sweater to get the length then the sleeves and it’ll be finished. Wishing all a Happy Thanksgiving!

D1CBC1FF-FF49-4C24-B109-A324A8BC401D.jpeg

That is gorgeous, I love those colours.

• Like 1