CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

On 7/28/2019 at 10:58 AM, TexasPurl said:

Whaaatttt!?? How'd that happen? 

At the top on one scale, the bottom of the other. :rofl

I was nearly on the moon in one and got a bronze in the other :shrug .

I got out my smilie pattern and made it bigger around, but it looked like a tiny face in a big circle. I had to make the mouth and eyes bigger so it would look right. I did a lot of frogging, but finally got it. I got 2 circles done, I just have to :crocheting back to back to be thick enough. I used a ball of yellow cotton and some of the black (+1) :cheer .

WTD: + 1  YTD: + 71

Ellie 13

• Like 1

This :hot weather is making my garden go crazy. Since Fri. I've picked 7 cucumbers, 2 eggplants (1 purple, 1 white), 14 cherry tomatoes, 5 green peppers and enough green beans for 3 meals (and a ton of weeds :lol ). I've got a lot of large tomatoes, but they'er still green. Between pulling weeds and picking veggies, I haven't done much :crocheting. I gave away 1/2 skein of :yarn (+1). Then I made 6 squares for a baby afghan (30 more to go) and started another potholder. Not many points, but it's on the + side :yay .

WTD: + 2  YTD: + 72

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

I finished the garden flag I've been working on forever. I recorded the thread used last week. Didn't need a full ball to finish it. It was a busy week, so not too much time for stitching on something new.

20190731_172608.thumb.jpg.70e9386d6c7917be28e5158e2fe620ef.jpg

WTD 0

Have a happy week!

Edited by TexasPurl
  • Like 1

I was doing so good this week until Hubs' friend decided to be generous and gif me with 10 skeins and 5 balls....sigh....lol

I did make a bunch of stuff this week.  My doula friend asked me to make her a set of anatomical models for her breastfeeding lessons,so I made a set of 4 boobs for her in various skin tone combinations.  I also made a Wonder Woman shawl to surprise her with,  because she's going through a rough time lately and she's a huge WW fan, so I thought I'd give her a treat to make her smile. All in all,  I used up 8 balls and 2 skeins.

WTD: -13

YTD: -86

Pretty sure I'm heading to the moon again lol. I'll include a picture of my WW shawl here, but I'm not sure if it would violate any group rules to add a picture of the boob set? 

20190803_231719.jpg

Scores for the week ending 8/3/19:

Gold Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +3

Silver Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +2

Holding Steady:

PBLKNP

TexasPurl

pineknott

Shoot the Moon Winner: Inkked0317 -13

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

I finished the round smilie potholder. I used the formula to make a flat round piece, but it started to look like a hexagon. I decided to make another smilie  potholder with a hexagon border. It came out much nicer, so I've made 2 and a started a 3rd one. I hope to get some of the cotton used before Sat. No points so far this week.

Ellie 13

I used most of a black cotton skein on yellow smilie potholders (the white made them look like fried eggs :lol). I finished the smilie potholder. I have 1 in yellow/black and 2 in pink/white, used most of 2 cotton skeins. I rolled the 3 skeins down (+3) :cheer. I need 2 hexagons back to back for a pot holder, but I might only have enough to make 1 more hexagon. After I finish the blue and purple potholders maybe there will be enough to make a striped one.

WTD: + 3  YTD: + 75

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 11:24 PM, Inkked0317 said:

My doula friend asked me to make her a set of anatomical models for her breastfeeding lessons,so I made a set of 4 boobs for her in various skin tone combinations. 

I'll include a picture of my WW shawl here, but I'm not sure if it would violate any group rules to add a picture of the boob set?

@Inkked0317 Jessie, you can post the boobs. If kids don't know that boobs are for breastfeeding, there is something wrong with this world.

BTW, awesome Wonder Woman shawl!

Hi everyone! I'm doing the scores this week,  just running late because all 6 of us are sick here and I'm dragging.  I'll post the scores in the next hour!

Gold: greyhoundgrandma (+4)

Silver: Ellie13 (+3)

Bronze: TexasPurl (+2)

Holding steady: PBLKNP & Inkked0317

No negative scores this week!