CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I finished the afghan and another elephant. I rolled down 2 skeins (+ 2) :yay . Sat. my SIL, nephew and I went to Six Flags. My nephew wanted to ride all 12 coasters. My SIL and I went on some "family friendly" rides (not too fast, high or upside down). My nephew did 11 coasters, he skipped the one called Goliath, very scary looking :eek . Sun. I went a family BBQ and got see my 2 new grand nieces. So sweet :manyheart . I gave my mom 2 afghans for Project Linus and she gave me 2 unfinished ones that were donated. The unfinished afghans came with 2 half skeins (- 2) :sigh . My oldest niece couldn't make the BBQ, but she and her hubby joined via the internet with big news. I'm going get another grand niece/nephew sometime in March :manyheart . I guess I'll start another afghan ;) .

WTD:  0   YTD:  + 84

Ellie 13

Ellie, sounds like a fun weekend!

I finished a skein on the a lap throw on Tuesday...+2. I had finished a skein on the Phoenix blanket on Sunday and was almost thru another one today when I realized I had missed a couple of stitches and had to rip out half of the round...+2  = +4.

My grand niece turned 4 on 9/8, so the BBQ on Sun. was a belated party. I gave her a pig and an elephant plus 2 Elephant and Piggie books. She loved the animals, especially the elephant. My brother wants 2 pigs now. My knit/crochet group started again, so I made 2 hats and a pig this week, but no :yarn used. Last night I got home and there was a sign up for a yard sale from 8 AM to 4 PM Sat. The landlord had cleaned out 2 storage units of people who had moved. He decided everything must go. I didn't have plans so, at 7:30 this morning I helped move stuff out. I put out some stuff I wasn't using too. I spent all day working the sale, but a one way street with limited parking is not good. The landlord's daughter texted/sent pics to friends so some came and others bought online (she'll take it to them). Around 3:15 she posted pics on some selling website with "Today until 4 PM, all free, curbside pick up" . I sold some of my stuff, got $27. So no :crocheting today, but more $$ = more :yarn  :lol.

WTD:  0  YTD:  +  84

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

Hi everyone!!! I feel like I've been very productive this week  because amidst all the regular life craziness I made the entire hooded elephant blanket for my daughter's boyfriend.  It's a double strand bulky yarn pattern so I actually had to buy BIG hooks lol. I used up 8 skeins and rolled the left overs of 2 more into balls! He just needs a couple big buttons sewn on for eyes and that's one Christmas gift done!

WTD: +18

YTD: -39 

Oooo aiming for that zero in my ytd score!!!

Week ending on 09/21/2019

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +18

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:  pineknott +9

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: owlvamp +3

Making Progress:

• TexasPurl +2

Holding Steady: 0

• PBLKNP
  • Ellie 13
  • howieann
  • JustDeb

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner: greyhoundgrandma -2

Have a happy week! 💖 

Edited by TexasPurl

Hi.  I am new to the 'new' Crochetville.  I was a member of the old Crochetville too, but wasn't on much.  I definitely would like to be a part of this stashbusting group.  I'm still trying to figure out how this all works.  

Welcome back to Crochetville and to this thread! All the "rules" are in the first post. You start at 0 with the stash you now have. +2 for each skein you use up, give away, etc. +1 for rolling the remains of a skein into a ball and +1 when you use that ball up. -2 points for each skein you buy, are given, etc.

Since I have no idea where I was back in April, I'm going to just start back at 0. I think I was in the positive and I haven't bought anything that I didn't use up for a project, so I think I'm playing fair. I haven't used anything up this week.

WTD: 0 YTD: 0

3 hours ago, JustDeb said:

Hi.  I am new to the 'new' Crochetville.  I was a member of the old Crochetville too, but wasn't on much.  I definitely would like to be a part of this stashbusting group.  I'm still trying to figure out how this all works.  

Welcome! I updated the post to include you in this weeks' scores.

1 hour ago, howieann said:

Since I have no idea where I was back in April, I'm going to just start back at 0. I think I was in the positive and I haven't bought anything that I didn't use up for a project, so I think I'm playing fair. I haven't used anything up this week.

WTD: 0 YTD: 0

Welcome back Holly! I updated the post to include you in this weeks' scores.

I'm having a really rough week.  My FIL had a catastrophic stroke and is in hospice right now. We've been told we've got maybe another day before he's gone. I don't know if I'll get back later in the week to post, so I'm going to post now. 

I used 3 skeins of bulky yarn to make a matching carseat blanket,  jacket, and hat set for my nephew that's due in December. 

WTD :+6

I know my YTD is still in the negatives but I'm not exactly sure what it is & don't have my book handy to check....but I'm closer to zero now anyway. 

So I've been at 0/0 since I joined because I've been crocheting and frogging, rinse and repeat, but today I brought home 3 skeins of yarn to replace some RHSS I can't bear to use.  It is too scratchy.  I bought it in desperation a couple years ago cause it was the only red they had at the time.  Since I'm frogging and recrocheting the project I'm using yarn I can stand to touch. Hopefully I'll be back in the positive soon since I finally found a stitch I like for the blanket I'm making.