CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Jessie, if it includes yarn that you have no interest in, you can always donate it. Sorry, but I had to laugh about 4 bins of yarn. You would be shocked at what I have. I can't resist sales and always have more project ideas than I could possible complete. I get in trouble when I go ahead and buy the yarn for a project and then don't get around to it for a while. I have learned to put the pattern with the yarn, so I don't open a bag/box next year and can't remember what I was going to make with that yarn. LOL Or I buy yarn for a project, start it, and realize that I hate the pattern and don't make it.

I just ordered an afghan kit on sale at Mary Maxim. It doesn't say how many skeins of yarn there will be. I haven't been able to get in a constructive mindset this afternoon so just passing time with this or that. 

Jessie, I'm going to assume something came up and go ahead and post the scores. Hope it's in the enjoyable end of the scale and that you're not having a problem getting into the site.

Scores for the week ending 7/13/19:

Tie for Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 & Ellie 13  +5

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +1

Holding steady:

MalisaMeesa

PBLKNP

greyhoundgrandma

TexasPurl

No Shoot the Moon Winner this week!!

• Like 1

Mona thank you so much!! My bonus daughter and her hubby showed up around 11 AM on Sunday and completely surprised me! They live in NJ and were having their honeymoon weekend in MD (4 months after the wedding), but they got bored and decided to just drive the extra 5 hours to NC and walked through my front door!!  They stayed overnight and just left. I'm so sorry to have missed posting the scores but man, what a great reason to miss it lol. I'll take the scores next week since there was no shoot the moon for the week. Now I'm off to get into the schoolwork I need to get done for tonight!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inkked0317 said:

Mona thank you so much!! My bonus daughter and her hubby showed up around 11 AM on Sunday and completely surprised me! They live in NJ and were having their honeymoon weekend in MD (4 months after the wedding), but they got bored and decided to just drive the extra 5 hours to NC and walked through my front door!!  They stayed overnight and just left. I'm so sorry to have missed posting the scores but man, what a great reason to miss it lol. I'll take the scores next week since there was no shoot the moon for the week. Now I'm off to get into the schoolwork I need to get done for tonight!

No problem! I just so glad it was a happy surprise that kept you busy!

I finally got some crocheting done yesterday. The first two parts of the planet earth cal. Not a great picture, but I did learn how to post the picture from my phone instead of emailing it to myself and then posting from my desktop computer. 

15633085605011789186320.jpg

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 2

Mona that looks great! I'm saving the sections to do later because I've just got too much going on right now to start another CAL lol! And good job on figuring out the picture thing!:clap

On 7/11/2019 at 7:05 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Ellie, you may have said in the past, but what pattern do you use for the pocket prayer shawls?

I designed it myself, but I have not written it down. There's a stitch I made up that I'm not sure how to describe. I'll try to write it down. It would be considered an advanced pattern. 

I gave a skein and matching ball to a friend and made another potholder. I finally got to roll down the pounder of cotton (+ 4) :cheer . A lady I work with makes jewelry and wants to make earrings with my butterfly and flower pins. She's into sewing and other crafts, but not :crocheting or  :knit .

WTD: + 4   YTD: + 84

Ellie 13

Hi all!! I made a hot air balloon baby blanket this week that took a full skein and 5 balls (+7). Posting this now because we have plans tonight so I know I'm not going to get any more hooking in lol

WTD: +7

YTD: -73

slowly but surely working my way out of the yarn hole lol

I'll tally the scores tomorrow afternoon ♡

20190719_160256.jpg

• Like 3

That is stunningly beautiful!  I'm going to wait to post my scores, as I think I'm ALMOST done with a skein.  Hoping to get some crafting time in this evening while watching TV.

• Like 1

@Inkked0317 Jessie, your hot air balloon baby blanket is so impressive! Really nice colors and so neatly done. Would you pretty please cross-post this pic in Show-and-Tell? 🙏 I'm trying to get this place buzzing again :compute and I think Show-and-Tell is so accessible to newbies and others visiting the forum.

• Like 1

Used up a skein!  I’ve been doing a training program for work, so I’ve been insanely busy. I finally got a bit of crafting time in, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD +33

Good morning! My name is Mona and I am an addict!

I just made a list of the projects that have yarn assigned to them and are sitting there waiting--19! And I'm sure a missed a few. Not to mention all the patterns I want to make that I don't have the yarn specifically for and all the yarn that is sitting around waiting for a project.

I fully embrace my addiction and enjoy every minute of it!

Happy crocheting!

• Haha 2

This week's scores!!

Gold  Inkked0317 (+7)

Silver  Ellie 13 (+4)

Bronze  greyhoundgrandma (+3)

Bustin some stash!!
PBLKNP (+2)

Holding steady ❤️

pineknott, TexasPurl & MalisaMeesa

No negative scores this week!!!:clap

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Donna said:

@Inkked0317 Jessie, your hot air balloon baby blanket is so impressive! Really nice colors and so neatly done. Would you pretty please cross-post this pic in Show-and-Tell? 🙏 I'm trying to get this place buzzing again :compute and I think Show-and-Tell is so accessible to newbies and others visiting the forum.

Hi Donna!! I just posted it under baby things ❤️