if you give a moose a muffin....

Apak

....well, then you probably know the consequences... :lol

Some time ago some Special Person gifted me three books from the series "if you give...". My daughter loved them. 

I had a mouse crocheted for another book and I used to present the story to my pre-school kids (I teach them English). They enjoyed it a lot and couldn't wait to see the moose book. I was very busy and didn't have time to make the moose, so I took a moose toy from my daugter's shelf. I was surprised because the kids were DISAPPOINTED and told me: Why don't you have the crocheted moose? Why didn't you make one???

I didn't realize they could notice the difference and appreciate something hand made, something different. I told them the moose was too shy to visit them and I'd try to encourage him next time. So I spent last weekend crocheting a moose...

The pattern is by Sharon Ojala - Amigurumi To Go. It's free and you can find it here: http://www.amigurumitogo.com/2015/06/amigurumi-moose-pattern-free.html

Of course, now the kids wait for a pig and a pancake... :sweat

5adccf51cd264_moose1.thumb.jpg.c95784cac554eb84eaae121894a25bf5.jpg5adccf5409d3a_moose2.jpg.2466de204c6d1d265db960d2d7ceda31.jpg5adccf55b621c_moose3.jpg.b5fb73e94d623130aaaca9f75e906414.jpg

The moose is so cute.  I think you are an amazing person.  Teachers are so special.  Besides teaching your students the "school" stuff you have also taught them an appreciation for hand crafted items.  

Thank you very much.

Your words warm up my heart and motivate to go on, because it's not easy to be a teacher nowadays...

Kids' appreciation of crocheted toys is both the challenge and motivation for me too :cheer

Archived