35 Granny Squares Afghan

JulieKay

I am really pleased with my gahn My flower garden is going to be outlined with the frosty green also unless I change my mind

Evelyn... is that up the Highway from your town... and there's a little road that crosses the river and then goes up a hill? The subdivision would be on a flat area above the river? If so, I'm gonna holler at my friend's dad (who I think is your mayor now) because he was supposed to let us know when that area opened up - we have wanted to buy some land there for a long time!~

I sure like it there!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh Boy, another one done ! Can't wait to see it Anna !

Juli-oooooooooooooooo! Your's was the 1000th post for this CAL!

Hee hee!

I completed my 35th square about an hour ago, I plan to start joining tonight and hopefully have it done by tomorrow. Then I'm off to Jo-Ann's sale with my coupons to stock up for another afghan! :D
Congrats!

Can't wait to see it!

Hope you all have a great and productive weekend. I'll be offline this weekend... heading out to the desert for some peace and quiet and hopefully some good crochet time!

I have been sooo sick. I had the flu and thought I was finally getting better, and then I relapsed with added sinus infection and probable pneumonia. I have checked things out on C-ville a couple times but never lasted for more than 10 minutes. I am FINALLY feeling better and crocheting again. I have to get my projects done because I am dying to start the bobbles and lace CAL. I have the pattern for the Bobbles and Lace and everything. So I really want to finish this up.

My square 8 is too small. I tried adding a row of sc around the edge, but then it was too big. I guess I need to do it over....maybe later. I am glad to be back at it!

I haven't posted this week. We found out on Wednesday that we are having another son. This will be our 5th. So I am taking the girlie colored squares out (I will make them into dishcloths which I can always use more of.) and redoing those squares in blues. I was so in shock that I am having another boy that I put aside the afghan and started knitting a baby sweater in pale blue to get me connected to the fact that he is in fact a boy child :). I am almost done with the sweater and plan to get back into the afghan.

Congratulations Debbie. Children are such blessings. :ghug You'll have to show us your sweater when you've completed it.

And no I'm not in this crochet-along, but I read it and love to look at all the beautiful squares and afghans you all are making. :D

Debbie

That's ok that you're having another boy . I bet all your other boys will be excited -- another brother to play football with ! And you won't need to get lots of new things if you saved all of their stuff . :)

Remember :

Babies are the greatest joy

Whether they are girls or boys !

Thank you all. I am getting over the initial shock. Eimi and I started crocheting diaper liners last night out of dishcloth cotton- heard they are really absorbant. I am almost done with the sweater. then I will get back to a square a day. I do have 1 more sweater to knit and some tank tops, and the wool soakers to crochet. thank goodness I have 4 months. :-) I will post a picture on my blog and let you know when it is up. :hug

Hi linda :clap I believe you haven't seen me around because of my sinusis to,:( I thought i was the only one sick but now, I see that there are others that haven't ben here either, so lets see if we can catch up with the buch now i'm lost right now:eek lol hope you get better.popin all these pills in I'm num already.lol:lol :hug :hug get well soon

Hello that afghan is beautiful and don't worry about the mes ,Hello talking messes you are not the only one believe me .lol:lol :lol :lol we all have some of that but your afghan is what matters and i call your's afghan beautiful.:hug :hug

I haven't posted this week. We found out on Wednesday that we are having another son. This will be our 5th. So I am taking the girlie colored squares out (I will make them into dishcloths which I can always use more of.) and redoing those squares in blues. I was so in shock that I am having another boy that I put aside the afghan and started knitting a baby sweater in pale blue to get me connected to the fact that he is in fact a boy child :). I am almost done with the sweater and plan to get back into the afghan.

Holy cow and congratulations!!! Wow!!!

And, what do you do, Debbie??? You run off to make a little boy baby sweater! What a mommy!

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheartMare

Dear Mare

Welcome back . I will repeat this post here since it may have gotten buried while you were away.

Did you take your crochet along with you this past weekend , and come home with a carload of Squares ? ( And I don't mean to pick up a gang of Hitch Hikers in Leisure Suits in white shiny shoes ! ):D

Thank you Mare. I am almost done. I opted for a crochet trim on the neck band. I had picked up the stitches but kept getting little holes along the neck (every other row the stitch was elongated- probably an end stitch not a beginning- this left a little hole when I picked up the stitch.) I was so frustrated that I ripped it out and did 2 rows of sc. It makes for a simple sweater but he will only fit in it for a month or 2. It is a style I use because it keeps the receiving gown from riding up. anyway.. I also finished crocheting a diaper liner for my 2 year old. Plan to get back to the afghan this week.

Debbie - congrats on your news! Another boy! Get your hook out, you can now start crocheting up those basketball uniforms! 5 boys will make a great team! :lol

But seriously, the relationship you have with your daughter will be even more special. :)

Linda - I hope you're feeling better soon! Just take it easy. The flu can really knock you out for weeks! :hug

Congrats on the news of your new baby, Debbie! :cheer

Best of health to those who are under the weather. :hug

As for me, I completed the joining of my squares. I'm going to add some quilt/cotton batting to it within the next few days. Here's a pick of the afghan as is IMG_0367.jpg . There's also a pick on my blog if it doesn't show up here. I love how it turned out. I used Caron Pounders in Blue Sky, Lilac, and Lace. I used part of a left over Lion Brand Pound of Love in a soft pink color for the joining. In the background is a free form pillow that I crocheted. Crochet everywhere! :hook

Dear Mare

Welcome back . I will repeat this post here since it may have gotten buried while you were away.

Did you take your crochet along with you this past weekend , and come home with a carload of Squares ? ( And I don't mean to pick up a gang of Hitch Hikers in Leisure Suits in white shiny shoes ! ):D

hee hee... Hitch Hikers in Leisure Suits in white shiny shoes - you are killing me! I took along a box of yarn but did not do anymore than to finish my swap square for my partner. There's a pic of me holding the square here: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18739&page=29&pp=10 post #285.

It's the first time I've posted a pic. It was really easy. Now, I'll have to take more pics!

N-E-Way... I'll be working on this one tonight.

Archived