35 Granny Squares Afghan

JulieKay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone, Thanks for the congrats on the grandbabies.

I have 8 squares to go. Then I have to go back and add a row around a few of them. I realized they weren't all coming out the same size. So I started measuring each one and adjusting them if they needed it.

Julie, Love that rose! It's beautiful!

Marlene

hey everyone in about 2 weeks I will start my 3rd 35 gahn I love this one it is beautiful I have my yarn and am trying to get the scripture gahn to near completion as I know if I start this I wont work on the other:think So I can hardly wait!!!

Wow, Jimmie Lu! This is just the prettiest afghan, isn't it? Who can resist making another. What colors do you plan to use on your 3rd? :)

Howdy ladies! I did not work one stitch on any of my ghans over the weekend... I just posted all my gorey details over in the Lace and Bobbles CAL (along with my recipe for Ciopinno) but I did get the squares out and showed them to my friend who I am making this for. She fell in love with it!

Tonight, I plan to make at least one square!

Cheers! Mare :hook

Anna -

That sounds like it'll be really nice and warm when you get it done . How do you put it on the back, sew it ?

i know i'm late in responding, but my mom is doing all of the batting work, and she created a strip to hold all the batting in and is handsewing it all together. i plan to take another pic when it's done.

Don't overdo it after having the flu, Linda! A little quiet sit-down crochet time may be just the thing while you're still recuperating. :hug

Hi Everyone!

I have all my squares done and sewed together. Just have to put the border

around it. :clap I'm surprised. I'm usually still crocheting the day it is suppose to be done. But this was a pretty easy afghan. I enjoyed it very much. I'm sure I will make another one sometime.

I will have one of my kids take a picture of it for me as they have digital cameras. Then will have to figure out how to get it here. Never attempted anything like that before. Hope there is some place on here to tell me how to do it.

I'm pretty excited about this as my Mom is not expecting this. I have only crocheted a Christmas Tree for her before.

Here's :cheer to everyone else who's making this. Keep up the good work.

Marlene

Great job, Becky! I'm a little behind on posts...what colors are you using? :)

I am useing Red Heart in soft white and watercolor that is a

veragated yarn. I was hoping to post a few pictures but dig is on the fritz

So I hope to get it working again soon:(

Hey cool Becky. Good job. We will probably finish together because I am so busy I do not get enough time to crochet. What are your yarn colors?

I hope that you are feeling better.And yes my days are so busy with my daycare kids and my own kids running to and from school and bus stops. But I do bring my hook and yarn and get a few stitches in if I can. I take my y&h were ever I go. :devil. I am useing Red Heart in soft white and watercolor that is a

veragated yarn.

Good morning ladies !

How are you ?

Do you have lots of things to do ?

Guess what I saw sell on Ebay ?

The 35 Grannies pattern booklet sold today .

Guess how much it went for --- pretty nifty !

It sold for 18.50 !!!

Those of you that have this book

Better take another look !

Go take a look and see

If it's still where it's supposed to be !

You must have a collector's item that's for sure ,

So put it in a safe deposit box and lock the door ! :D

$18.50? :eek Wow! I wonder if run on 35 Granny Square books resulting from this CAL has anything to do with the high price?

I am gearing up!!! I can hardly wait to start I am struggling with the scripture gahn it seems the sq take FOREVER!!! to finish!! I have 7 done and need 24 AHHHH!!! I did get a country varigated and cream. Now I need to decider should I make the sq cream or varr.. Take a pole for me will ya help me decide????

I am gearing up!!! I can hardly wait to start I am struggling with the scripture gahn it seems the sq take FOREVER!!! to finish!! I have 7 done and need 24 AHHHH!!! I did get a country varigated and cream. Now I need to decider should I make the sq cream or varr.. Take a pole for me will ya help me decide????

Oh dear! I'm not very good at telling other people what to do (unless your my kid and your room needs cleaning) but how about alternating squares in cream and varigated? :D

All cream would look very nice, Jimmie Lu. I guess it will depend on how much yarn you've got of each color. I'm planning on doing another 35 granny 'ghan and I'll be doing the whole thing in one color, cream. The patterns are so pretty they can stand alone. :)

I like the alternating thats what I did with the last one but my first I did all green and then varrigated boarder. I added a boarder to the first few sq by accident the first time and after that who wanted to frog not me!!! So I got a larger gahn and the sq stood out beautifully. I think I will try the varrigated boardered in cream and if I am not happy I will do the opposite!!!

Sue I wanted to do all white for a bridal shower in the summer maybe that will be next. instead of 1 of each sq I can do 2 and it will be large enough for a nice gift. Its my nephew he is a lawer so I woory if it will be good enough or match his wifes rich taste. lol

Sounds lovely, Jimmie Lu! I love your idea about doubling the number of squares for the blanket for the bridal shower. :)

Archived