35 Granny Squares Afghan

JulieKay

Howdy everyone.

Well, I am finally going to post some pics. I took pics of all kinds of things today. Its a sunny warm day here so a good day to shoot some pics.

Marlene... can't wait to see yours

Jimmie... I can't wait to see how this one turns out.

Julie... we need a book of your silly poems!

Everyone else, please hang in there. I only work on it in spits and spurts... lots of other projects and life priorities... so I'll be hanging around here for a while.

Here's pic one. Not sure which square is which at this point so I'll just post them as I have them...

th_PICT0009.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. As I was posting... I kept thinking... I know I made more than just 9 and sure enough, I found 4 more squares so if it's sunny tomorrow, I'll take pics of them and post them

Next one of these I make will be just a few colors. It will go much faster. I'm using a celery color to join these, too!

Hugs, M

Hey Mare

Hope you have a sunny day today - we will be looking for the rest of your photos !

I just bought some of that color-- i don't know if it's called celery, but it looks kinda like celery looks !

I'd have to dig it back out of the closet to see what the name of it is . It is for another FUTURE project .

I have so many of them, I'd better live long enough to get my face on the Jelly Jar or I won't get them all done . :hook

Wow! Your squares are just gorgeous, Mare! It's interesting how this 'ghan can go both ways; multi-colored rounds or all one color! I'm totally impressed with your ability to high-light the beautiful pattern with your choice of colors! :manyheart

Julie - I think you have enough energy for TWO jelly jars! Oh Willard! :hook

Speaking of jelly jars....how many gals are still working on this 'ghan? How are you doing? How many squares do you have left to go? Does anyone need any help with directions or perhaps a little inspiration to get crocheting?? :tryme Just kidding, of course! Hope everyone is doing well! :hook

Hey Mare

Hope you have a sunny day today - we will be looking for the rest of your photos !

I just bought some of that color-- i don't know if it's called celery, but it looks kinda like celery looks !

I'd have to dig it back out of the closet to see what the name of it is . It is for another FUTURE project .

I have so many of them, I'd better live long enough to get my face on the Jelly Jar or I won't get them all done . :hook

We were just goofing around talking about Willard Scott's jelly jars...when you reach 100 years of age, Willard Scott mentions your name and your picture shows up on a jar of Smucker's jelly. Like most jokes, it was much funnier the first time around! :P Hope you're having a evening. :)

Hi, I am new, just joined but I have this pattern book and have made several of these and would like to join you in making more. Are there set colors or do we pick our own?

Thanks,

Mary in Missouri

Hi Everyone,

I may make it to the jelly jar stage, but I don't know if my memory will. I've just spent 5 minutes searching for the message I posted to this thread on Friday, and I just realized I never posted a message here that day.:oops

I wrote on several threads that I had a glorious free weekend to crochet and I was going to work on several (5) UFO's and start the Lace and Bobbles afghan, but I never posted here. AND I AM CLOSEST TO BEING DONE on this one with 26 squares complete. I am not sure I like the way it looks with the 3 colors I chose and may change it to 2 or add more white ones. We will see.

Welcome to the group Mary424!

Welcome Mary !!!

Hope you have an enjoyable time with us... this is a super group to work with ! Everyone chooses their own colors as they want .

What colors are you going with, do you know yet ?

Hi Diane,

Keep on plugging way at the 35 if that is the one you are closest to being done with . That way, you can start fresh with the L & B and have this one out of the way !

( PS - I agree about the Jelly Jar --- I won't even know my own NAME by that time !!! )

Hi Everyone. Welcome back, Diane and Welcome to you, Mary (nice name :lol )

I have not abandoned this one. Just have only about 1/2 hour to an hour a day to crochet so it's sllloooooooowww going. I have this one, the Lace and Bobbles, a shrug for my neice and a scollar all in progress - plus my son's gf really wants a felted bag so, slow slow slow is how I go!

Have a great day!

Wooo hooo...I have 30 and 1/2 squares done. Still slowly plugging along. If I could just get a minute to myself, I could be done! The ghan gets prettier everyday. I am anxious to finish because of the Lace and Bobbles ghan that I want to do. (I actually started the L&B but am stalled out because I need a yarn color everyone is sold out of.)

Today I am busy cleaning house and preparing for my "Itch to Stitch" party tomorrow night. It will hopefully become a monthly meeting. I had over a dozen ladies (and one 12 year old) say they want to come! So coool!

Welcome, Mary! :waving I've made this 'ghan already too and want to make another one in all off-white.

Go, Diane, go! :cheer You're so close you can start counting down!

Hi, Mare! It's always good to see your posts even though you only have a little time to crochet. :)

Good luck with your party, Linda! Sound fun! :yay

Archived