To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love seeing all the progress!!  :clap  :cheer

I have 5 more squares to finish for the baby ghan my friend requested. While I've been working on them I visualized 2 different color ways  for the border - I'll work a small section with each idea and see which one speaks to me! 

Have a good night, ladies!

Very Cute Octopus Gardener!!!!

Yesterday & Today was all about cleaning up dining room (catch all spot) and putting things back in the rooms they go into that meant lots of yarn back into it's new home yarn cabinet (trust me I have lots more then just what is this cabinet (10-15 boxes of scraps balls) that in the future will get into my new closet plan but need to move other items first (re-arrange bedroom) 2 bedroom mobile homes have sucky storage.....

Today I am working on another Bolero as well.....

post-35509-0-40395300-1487879102_thumb.jpg

Octopus - Too CUTE, Cindy!!

Mona, What color yarn are you using? Maybe a simple pattern, esp if you are tight for time?

Mary Jo, can't wait for the tote to be revealed!

And Jay....way to go on the yarn organizing!! Looking forward to seeing the bolero,too.

Great work everyone.... I hope to have some pictures here soon of my Feb finishes!!

Love the octopus...

..and ratdog...  you know when I got back from seeing my toddler gs last week, I barely could walk for three days after from picking him up... :lol

They wanted some earth tone placemats. The ones I made them before were bright colored and just different colored rows of sc. I printed out some patterns that I haven't looked at closely yet but may just do the sc again. I got sugar n cream chocolate ombre yarn. I've got til Christmas so I can work on them off and on.

Good Morning.

Hope to start the second panel of the animal c2c today.  Finished up the extras for the tote and the doll that goes with the angel afghan.  I am going to try and get pictures today.

Love the cabinet. I have to move around some of my yarn, as it is just sitting around.

Have a great day everyone.  Hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Morning peeps!

Weather here feels like mid April and not the end of Feb! DH got warm and just put the air on :manyheart  Should be mid 70's by late this afternoon!

They wanted some earth tone placemats. The ones I made them before were bright colored and just different colored rows of sc. I printed out some patterns that I haven't looked at closely yet but may just do the sc again. I got sugar n cream chocolate ombre yarn. I've got til Christmas so I can work on them off and on.

Chocolate ombre sounds yummy! Anything with chocolate in its name is good in my book...LOL! And it does sound like any easy project to pick up at odd times...

Using some odd skeins of RHSS to make anothet lapghan for the veterans home.
Not much progress tonight but should have more time tomorrow.
After this one I will go back to the gift list.

Good for you! Lapghans are a wonderful project,

Good Morning.

Hope to start the second panel of the animal c2c today.  Finished up the extras for the tote and the doll that goes with the angel afghan.  I am going to try and get pictures today.

Love the cabinet. I have to move around some of my yarn, as it is just sitting around.Your yarn needs a walk...lol!

Have a great day everyone.  Hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Looking forward to the pics!

Have a wonderful day, ladies!

Just posted the new tote.  You can find it here.

I am now going to show you the doll that is going with the angel blanket.  Sorry about the face, but I am not very good with eyes and mouths.  I did not want to put anything on that can be pulled off.

I also used joints on the arms and legs, so they cam be moved any way you want to move them.

post-105-0-72848600-1487963162_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-69411600-1487963172_thumb.jpg

Mary Jo, the blanket and doll are so super cute!!! What a labor of love! And I have trouble with faces, too...But I think yours looks a lot better than mine ever have! I don't remember: who is getting these gorgeous things - and the doll...was there a pattern? Just curious. 

Well, I attached the last square for the baby ghan. Now on to the border! DH came over to the table as I was stitching the last pieces together, felt the detail on the pattern and told me how much he liked it. I told him who it was for - and I feel so good that I was able to use stash for this project.

I found a nice simple border in my Around the Corner book by Jan Eaton.....I've used it before and really like the look.

Have a good evening , ladies!

Mary Jo, the blanket and doll are so super cute!!! What a labor of love! And I have trouble with faces, too...But I think yours looks a lot better than mine ever have! I don't remember: who is getting these gorgeous things - and the doll...was there a pattern? Just curious. 

Thank you the doll and afghan are going to the American Legion in NJ.  They will be put in a silent auction.

I got the graph for the afghan here.https://www.facebook.com/groups/1830645693823158/  She loves making graphs and will make you one free.

The doll is from Annie's Attic, it is called Country Button Angel.  I don't think the pattern is available any more.

Ready to shut down for the night.

Have a great night everyone.

Have a good night, Mary Jo!  And I can only imagine how much that blanket and doll will earn at the auction. Awesome! And I'll keep that group in mind, thank you for it.

Worked on the pillows for the boys for Easter, they are really fun to make... I need to order the pillow forms  and then piece them together.  Not much going on after church today so I think I will spend a bunch of time with my hook and my book..... and plenty of sweet tea!

I was going to try to learn color pooling today but after doing more research, it looks like the yarn I want to use won't work. :( oh well guess I'll have to find another pattern for this yarn.

Things are pretty low key here. I'm so busy during the week, all I can do is quick check ins but not enough time to post anything. I have this week off from school. Vacation!! DH and I went to the MET live at our local theater. First I've ever been and it was to see Rusalka. A Dvorak opera telling the story of the Little Mermaid. Oh it was so good!! I LOVE opera! DH not so much but he loves me so he went with me.

Happy Hooking! :)

I was going to try to learn color pooling today but after doing more research, it looks like the yarn I want to use won't work. :( oh well guess I'll have to find another pattern for this yarn.

Things are pretty low key here. I'm so busy during the week, all I can do is quick check ins but not enough time to post anything. I have this week off from school. Vacation!! DH and I went to the MET live at our local theater. First I've ever been and it was to see Rusalka. A Dvorak opera telling the story of the Little Mermaid. Oh it was so good!! I LOVE opera! DH not so much but he loves me so he went with me.

Happy Hooking! :)

Now THAT is true love!

Archived