Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Good morning, everyone.  I haven't been around much so my computer time has been cut down dramatically.

Very hot here and even though hubby and I got an A/C and put in for my parents, I come home to a hot place with no fan taken out yet nor my A/C set up.  I hope to get a chance this morning before heading out.  We really need some rain and it does look cloudy here, so just maybe.....

It's too hot to crochet so I have been bringing my tatting along with me.  It is a great portable project.

Two family members are in the hospital- one with a broken neck from an accident avoiding a woodchuck and the other with 3 stints in her heart.  It sure makes you realize how things can change in an instant, in life.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning.  The sun is out, but maybe not for long.  My grass is so high I am waiting for George of the jungle to pop out.

While that big yellow ball is up in the sky, I want to get some pictures.  I finished a beach tote and  some kitchen stuff for the American Legion.

Hot, Hot, Hot and Humid for the rest of the week, but at least we are getting rain.  Saving me money, I can use to buy yarn. :rofl

Off to see what the rest of C'ville has to offer.:dance

Morning!

Been up way to early . Already got a lot accomplished but, would of rather done it later on. But once I'm up I can't just lay. Looks like I will be fighting a migraine today. I hope I took the medicine soon enough. We will see.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Take it easy!

m0rming all  

well good to see you around crochet fan1, sorry to hear of the strife in our family.. and the ac, suc things huh.. 

my day as not bee good either, can't get the ville to let me change my email addy cause i forgot my password and to request another you need a current email, which has changed so will send my new email to sandray keeper of the dmials, and an of you needing it, please contact sandra... i have put in a request to the admins about changing my email, and can't cause i orgot my password, soooo until i get a replly there, i guess just contact sandra for my new one, as i can't get into the yahoo one for the same reason, not the right password, and email chanage so i am not getting theire new password send outs... woe is me, i am about done with l tablets and ipads, so have decided, my next venture will be a lap top with windows,lol.. 

hioe all is well with ou all, and this heat is miserable, but at leaslt our ac is working fine, knock on wood... \rained to beat the bank overnight, muggy and hot today... another shooting i heard about, when wil it all end huh... \

well, all fr now, least fo the moment i hve the ville up on the desk trop, lost it on the tablet and can't seem to get it back....... so this is my place for the duration if i want access, lol..\\sandra email coming your way ok. thanks all........take care.      

hi allll 

i am still awaiting  word on help with updating my password, and email on the ville,and cant sign on with the tabnlet without that,  

it won't let me without a current password, which prsents a problem, lol that is what i don't have, as i had it on the i ipad for easy and quick reference and when it wen so did my password, so luckily i was signedin  on the desk top, but if this goes, im locked out again, so waitinfg for the admins to readmy email, and change up the new email addy, and supply me with a temp password so i can go on about the biz of tending to biz lol The tablet is fine, least it is mobile, but the screen is abobut half the size of the ipad, and hard to read, least for me, soooo, im at the desk top for a couple days, apparently.. and that is ok at least i am here huh...

I hoie all are doing well, snowbird, how is your hubby by now, on the road to mending well?? Brenda is gettining better, crochetfan1 is hot, tampa is tired of rain, pineknot is food shopping and tribble is busy busy busy,.lol that's all i know, its beenh ot here too, but we stay in on those days, neither one of us is fond of hot and humid, and i might add cold and snowy either in the winter, ha ha...

aaaif i had a pool tampa, i would isure  be in it ever summer day i could... i swam everyday every summer wheni was y ounger, at the neighborhood popl from 1 pm to 9 pm when they closed, lol we lived the pool in those days......Then they started closing at 5 till 6 for a supper break, but then we just sat around, and waited for iit to oopen agaain outside in the park next to the pool lol  we'd eat later we always said!! 

amd when we werent here qwe would be horseback riding in at a little stable, out there on the dirt road somewhere, gone now i think, turned out it was ran by my little sisters hubbbys grandparents, but we didn't even know him them, small world huh...

well ladies, not much else going on, so here is a pic of my 21 hats, now 24 or 25 though, lol going to pine ridge, don't know if I posted a ;pic of them yet,if i did, just disregard this pic lol...

I

000_0213.JPG

I love the pool. but for the last few days, it has done nothing but rain.  We get some sun in the morning, but by the afternoon the rain comes in.  It rains for about an hour, then the clouds go away again.

We have what they call a free form pool.  It is not made for swimming, but for relaxing.  Bad thing is I get sea sick riding on a raft.  Go figure, but I go in as often as I can.

Hi, everyone Just checking in to let you know Me and my Hubby are doing good. It has been hot here too. Been crocheting a lot to catch up on my projects. Well you all have a good day. Take care. I can't take pictures right now of my projects. Got to get another card for my camera.  Chat  later. Take care

000_0219.thumb.JPG.9595fb926d5245fccad6a132ab24cc00.JPG
i will take a pic of the 12 inchers tomorrow when hopefully the sun comes out, lol thanks97

well i guess i only had five unless i misplaced one, but anywyay, here are the twelve inchers for pine ridge that i have done anyway, ll enjoy..the first two, are trhe two i was trying to give away as i had already weaved in the ends, but im pretty sure she'll take them anyway, ill put a note on them,,, thanks..there is one missing, now im only showing  four, what the hec. l take care all.... till later.....

000_0225.JPG

000_0220.JPG

000_0221.JPG

000_0224.JPG

000_0222.JPG

evening all   still no help with password and emaoil upsate s cam't sign on the tablet till i get that done... oh well, huh... what to do, i have tried everything, and i need a current password for anything, lol which i have no clue, i have tried about all i can ever remember havin, and no luck, now account is locked, woe is me..... need to get word to admins i need a temp password, if anyone one has that email addy, please send it pm to amy, as i have lost all contacts on yahoo til they answer my plea for help,, thanks all, have a great evening. ill see you tomorrow, if the Ville permits, lol   

it still feels weird not weaving in ends on these,  did on the hats though, lol 215 and i think im done for now, probably do more before i send them though... and like doing the 12 inch squares, as it is a good use for some of my scrap medium and smaller than medium balls or stray single skeins... and no weving in in, sheesh, that is always halff the work you know..........:ghug

Good Morning.  Sun is out, but I can see the rain clouds in the distance.  We have had sheets of rain, the kind you have to pull over if you are driving, everyday for about an hour, then it stops.

Finished my Chewbacca.  Trying to get pictures today, while I can see the sun.

That is it for now.  Will try to check in later.

I have had internet connection problems with the computer all week until now.  It either would not connect and if it did it didn't stay connected long. Then I have basically had no signal on my cell phone to use it to get on.

#1 I hope you have your ac hooked up by now.  The heat just sucks the energy right out of you.  Last year at this time we were having to have a new ground source heat pump installed as our old one quit and of course it was during one of the really hot weeks

Katy nice squares.  I hope you get the password thing straightened out soon. I know they say you shouldn't write them down but there is no way I could ever remember all the passwords for all the sites we have used through the years.  I found it frustrating in the beginning that any place you went on the internet you pretty much had to join and use a password.  We have a  notebook where we logged them all in and then and then log new ones in if we change them.  Between us we have 5 email accounts and then all my craft sites, all the coupon or rewards, etc, etc.  

Snowbear glad to see you checked in and that you and dh are doing better.  Seems like its been awhile since Lea has checked in so hope she and her family are okay.  

Its been hot and humid here so much so that now they give the heat index which has been upper 90's to 105 all week.  Then there are thunder storms at night.  New roof looks really nice but sure can smell the asphalt in it after it gets hot.  When I was stressing over the color the guy made the comment that you don't really see it much anyway and I pointed out that was not true in our case.  Since its an earth contact I see our roof anytime I am outside.  It's basically part of my landscape.  The old white roof had gotten really ugly.  The house used to also be white but several years ago we had siding put on and it is almond or a very light cream to beige color so we went with a brownish roof this time.  We have a couple of issues but hopefully they won't amount to anything.  I have spent any spare time out looking and picking up nails and staples.  Found quite a few by sight and with the little round magnet on a pole.  Dh stopped yesterday on  his way home from work to get the long magnet on wheels and I found quite a few more with it today. 

Katy just a thought.  You are still logged on through one of your devices, right?  Since you are logged in can you  go to account settings and update it with your new email.  Then go to the device that is not logged in and request a new password which hopefully would be sent to your updated email that you can access.   To access account settings on your pc go all the way to the top right of your screen and click the arrow by your screen name.  

oh hi all second requ4w5 for help just got sent, so mabe that will help,, does anyone iknow amys email at crochetville, as i have lost all my contacts as well. so i sent it to the contact us here thing at the bottom of  the page.. all i need is for them to send me a temp password, so ican change that andmy email addy ,whichis now a tgmail addy...if anyone needs it, sandrra has it ok..''

ues have been busy, got 6 or 7 12 inchers done now plus 25 hats, and oh about 50 puus six inch quares done now tom  this afternoon, i cut and punched out the tas for the hats, and have those all ready to go whenever.. I think i will hold them though,  till the weather cools off some, llol  

that is aboaut al for now, just finished dinner, and need to ick back a bit before too much and we are expecting some storms through later on, NOrfork N, has a tornadi warnin already.,.. we will probally just get mre rain, anayway, hope that is all we get... dark in here, can't see what I am typig really so going to sign off, but at leasthopefully anyway will be abl to come back in if need be later. thae care all, gladyou enjoyed the ey Ihe eye candy they were fun!!!  

no bgs tried it, i need a current passwor, and i don't know what it was as it was on the ipad when that went out, now i have tried every password i think i have ever had, and my  account now says locked, so I need an admin quickoy to help.... thanks anyway... can't even chanbe the emeial addy wiithout a current passwordk i tried........

On Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 9:40 AM, owlvamp said:

Morning!

Been up way to early . Already got a lot accomplished but, would of rather done it later on. But once I'm up I can't just lay. Looks like I will be fighting a migraine today. I hope I took the medicine soon enough. We will see.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Take it easy!

Hope your headache gets better! I am having a heck of a time with the new layout, lol. I had selected multiple quotes while reading and when I finished, only one quote showed up... Just a quick check in today... Been getting fathers day things together. Little Tribble has had fun making things for his daddy. We learned new things with new crafts on thigs to do and things not to do! LOL. Almost ruined the mug we made for Mr Tribble but I think it's going to be okay, with a lot of character since we did things that shouldn't have been done with it.

Hope everyone is having a great day

Good Morning

guess I need to do laundry,clothes choices are getting limited.

want to go to a church yard sale,but really don't want to get out in this muggy heat

enjoy the day everyone

It has been one heck of a week, between the storms and the humidity.

We finally got a photo shop that works, so I have posted some of the pictures of things I have finished.

First is the Strawberry Kitchen set for the American Legion.

Next is the 2 Chewbacca's I made that the friend's husband will choose from.  The small one is exactally like the pattern, the other is made with boa yarn.  Wish I could find light brown boa.

Last but not lease, I want to thank Kathy for the very nice card.  I like a note no matter when I get it.  You made my soggy day sunny.:sun

Mary Jo the strawberry set and Chewies are cute.  Glad you got the photo thing straightened out as I would really miss not seeing all your projects.  

Its been a miserably hot and humid day out today.  We had storms last night and got nearly two inches of rain and more is on the way this evening. We stopped this morning and got the front and side bumpers for our riding mower.   The old ones had broke off (I hate all the plastic on things like mowers and cars anymore).  We were pleasantly surprised that they actually had them in stock and not having to wait on them to come in.  Then we went to my sister's house and I went out to shop and run errands with my sister and niece while dh went over to weed eat at my dad's house.  

I  have enough squares ready to put together for another lapghan for w4w and a bag full of squares for PRR.  

well woo hoo for the bag of goddies, and the lap ghan too, glad to see you too are keeping busy, lol For me, it is hard NOT to weave in the ends, as my meemo taught me it's not done till the ends are tidy, loll but i left them for her to do, when you all weave in the ends, what method do you use, i do usually the back weave, or sometimes and s or L shape a couple times on the back, but  mostly the back weave, I 5hink i read in the pine ridge hread that she the gal that does them uses a fish hook weave in, i d on't know what that is, unless it too, is s shaped... still no word froom ayone to he;[ wotj my no password problem, but thnk goodness i still am signed on on the desk top... keeing my fingers crossed someone somwhere can help me, lol does anyibe gave amys most current email addy at the ville, it changes so oftem, not sure i am getting to the right one, .. since no answer now, i will put in another request tonight, so keep fingers crossed for help soon..

worked on a couple 12 inchers today,they turned out nicely, and have i dunno maybe 8 or 9 now?? I wonder how many h euses for a whole ghan in 12 inch squares??? ill try to take pics tomorrow, if the sun is out, lol

wee got pretty bad straight line storms in with the rain last nibht, lost power for about 45 minuets, even daugter did so we fiture it was a transformer at the sub station to take her and i both out... Everyone that had trees in the yard, are now splattered all over the yard, or on rooftops, thank goodness we don't have amy more trees to worrya bout. flooding in a lot of lower areas, and winds and rain ato beat t he band  we ysed flash lights and brought in a solar light, and at least had light, bu no tvs or anything else. s, lol.,

Archived