Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A big thanks to amy for fixin me. Im on the tablrt now got new passwrd an new email I feel brand new!,  funny how something that seems incidential can fstefester r and brew e and cause so much stress huh. I have that info now written safely in a book so hopefully no more problems huh. 

Well just touching bae so will go for now thans0ks to all and have a good night. See ya in the am from the craft room no doubt as I am mobile again.    Oh this was yesterdays post lol

So here will be todays I guess . Gonna be a hot one here today for sure. Already rather humid if you ask me.  Lida good luck I he blood test. They used to take 3 tubes of bood from me every week TO  check i guess if the infection was esing up ad that went on Well till mARCH h I guess THANK GOODNESS THE VISITING N6 YRRSE DID IT AS I COULD NOT HQVE G INE 7Natt ofteas I 7 was too weak and still could n It provides ut any weight on my foot. Doc no

w ow doc only has his Pa take one ti0ube.  I thought I would run out of blood to be sure. They had to put 3 bagsf of blood in me for one of my surgerys and im pretty sure ur ive givea all back and then some ,,lol

Well my tolerance for Tiny_Screen is about gone!,  talk to you a bit later ok. Hav a specially  super day. I think it is  the first whole day too of summer too s o enjo y our day!!,:ghugmy fingrrs ae too fat for his keyboard. I will have to have daughter bring me a st tylis  soon.   Stylus ?.

So for about the past 2 months, anytime I would try to visit Crochetville, I was getting a 404 error. I don't know what was going on, but I'm glad to see it's fixed!

2 hours ago, jessicali said:

So for about the past 2 months, anytime I would try to visit Crochetville, I was getting a 404 error. I don't know what was going on, but I'm glad to see it's fixed!

glad you made it back,all of us were locked out 10 - 12 days because of a system crash

12 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.

I just read some sad news that Terri/LadySorce has lost her husband.  Terri has worked hard to keep the wish list going and has been am member for as long or longer than I have been.  I would like to make her a comfort ghan.  It would consist of 12 inch squares all purple/white or combo.  I don't care what the pattern is or color, as long as there is purple in it. I am thinking 6 by 5 so that would be 30 -  12 inch squares.  Unless someone has a better size than 6 x 5.

Things are good here.  Lots of rain and it is so muggy today.  The one storm has passed us and is on it's way to Texas, Louisiana coast.

Off to work on the pocket on the tote.  Got half of it done hope to finish the other half.

Have a fun day.

Good idea.  I will make some.

Above is all the information you need to know about the comfort ghan for Terri.  I will be posting pictures of the squares as they come in and of a picture of the ghan when it is done.

Let me thank you all at this time for any help I can get.

Tampa Doll, I would LOVE to make some squares. Are you aiming for any certain pattern or just whatever we want to make? I know I have some purples, becacuse I'm looking at it, so let me know your address and I'll get some in the mail by early next week!

Hello. Yes, I did fall off the edge of the world but I have managed to climb back on. The grandkids are keeping my summer busy and I'm loving it.

Mary Jo, I'm sorry to hear about Terri's husband. I would like to contribute some squares to the comfortghan, are solid white squares ok or do you want purple in the squares too? 

I'll never get completely caught up here so I think I'll just pick things up from here and move forward. Take care everyone.

55 minutes ago, cshort said:

Hello. Yes, I did fall off the edge of the world but I have managed to climb back on. The grandkids are keeping my summer busy and I'm loving it.

Mary Jo, I'm sorry to hear about Terri's husband. I would like to contribute some squares to the comfortghan, are solid white squares ok or do you want purple in the squares too? 

I'll never get completely caught up here so I think I'll just pick things up from here and move forward. Take care everyone.

Glad to see you back.  I can imagine the grandkids are not easy to keep up with.

Solid white are good.  I will add you to the list and thank you.

hu all  glad to se carol amd jessica back, long time no see, you know..so a big welcome back to both of you, you were missed!! ..

believe it or not, i had some lavendar  mary jo, so hope that is ok, i don't usually work with dark colors anymore like  purple, so hope these are ok  and with any luck i will get them posted out to you this week  how many are you planning on and how many so far have pledged ... let me know i can always do more if need be..they are mostly lavendar and a grape fizz, as i don't work anymore with the darker colors so mcuh, hope tht works.. The  grape fizz is somwhwhat darker so hope that suffices... 

nothing much here else happening, here woke up with a back ache, i know it is from this desk chair, so can't stay long here tonight, it's better,but don't want to re do it again, by siitting here too long, you know....nothing seems much to help, no pillows, nor a chair back rest thing i have nor well anything, so it is just the dang chair, but i have a couple other expensive things to buy before i get to the chair, lol  (new bed, new laptptop  ) hot, humid, might rain tonight, hope nothing serious, i always get somewhat nervous when it storms, not knowing what to expect, you know, and it always sounds so much worse than it is, most of thetimes, thank goodness..

had a pic of something, but don't have it off the camera yet, to the computer, so ill do that tomorrow... 

hiope yu all have a good evening, and I am gonna see you tomorrow,,, take care now..........:manyheart:ghug

Good Morning

nice to see you back,cshort. Anyone hear from minwifeof4boys?

Day 2 of this heat,need to water the plants,do some laundry and finish gathering up donate items for Tuesday's DAV pick up

have a good day

Good Morning everyone.

Lea is visiting the grands in MD and besides her laptop went south.  So by the time she gets home the new laptop will be ready and she will be back on.  She only has the phone now.

Little cooler today, as (:rofl) they are saying a cold front has moved in.

The other half is up, so have to make breakfast.  Talk later.

Thanks for the update on Lea,I must have missed that post

day 2 of this heat wave,makes me feel like I'm moving in slow motion,ugh

need to go out and water,finish gathering donate items for Tuesay's DAV pick up,and some laundry

have a good day,people in the south or other areas that this storm's remnants passes through,stay safe

Good Morning.

I've almost finished the July 4th outfits for my granddaughters and plan to work on some squares later today. We'll have to run out to the store for milk so I might make a stop in Joann's for some purple yarn to go with the white that I have. My oldest granddaughter is still with me and enjoys going to Joann's too so it will be a fun outing, maybe we'll stop out for lunch too. I hope everyone has a great day and stays cool.

Fhi all. Well todays post IS COMING TO YOU FROM TINY SCREEN so ill make it. Ig so I. Cl

Oh poor lea hope she enjoys her mini  vaca though. Ha 

Not so hot here today thankgoodness. Rather pleasant actually.

Oh mary jo sent you out two 12  nch squares ths aft  too hope they work in 5our ghan let me know if you need more ok. 

P I neknot  your flow-ies must love you!, I bet they just thrive in your yard!, you and bgs are two of our ★green thumbs♥ members.  Cute name for a garden thread just credit me if you use it and make a garden thread. Lol lol. Mght be a good thread to share questions or better yet eye candy!,, hummmmm

Well getting tired handy is at grocery store and I will busy soon putting things. Things away so off for now more later on.  

Carol and Jessica glad to see you girls back and Mary Jo thanks for the update on Lea.  

Linda a big :ty for the birthday card and nice letter.  I appreciate that you took the time to mail me a card AND write a letter.  :hug

Didn't get much time on the ville yesterday because by the time I had my work caught up there was absolutely (hey have you all noticed that a while back someone was wishing for spellcheck here and then it appeared not long after---- that is when you are using a computer) no signal all evening and most of the night.  It usually at least blips in and out so I can manage to check a few things.  The computer had been shut off for the day.  I broke down and called the phone company about the pole along the highway being down.  We noticed it Sun and it was still down yesterday when I went to town.  I hated to call because even though the line is down I was able to connect to the internet on the computer the past couple of days.  

Yesterday I mailed a puffy full of little afghans off to badrhinogillett, a couple of lapghans and a few stockings off to W4W and 40 six inch squares off to Afghans for PRR.  I almost have another lapghan ready for W4W and 30 more squares for PRR.  I have one square ready for Terri's afghan and should get another done this evening.  

I have spent today doing my chores and prepping for a bonsai master weekend.  I made a couple of pans of brownies, made our lunches, and sliced cheese for cheese and crackers, etc. I was buzzing right along and then all of a sudden I had no water.  Thought they might be flushing the lines and port they use is across the road so I ran out to check only to notice the truck in my drive and the guy at our water meter.  He was changing out our water meter because it didn't signal to them the last couple of times they read it.  I just don't get why they don't knock on the door first and tell you they are cutting your water off.  Glad I went down to talk with him since the meter is no longer the obvious look and see the dial kind.  You have to lift a protective covering up and expose it to light to activate it so you can see the digital reading.   I hate that I had so much inside work to get done as it is a perfect day to work outside.  Its not terribly hot out and the humidity is low.  There is a breeze from the north.  DH will actually be cold this weekend and will have to dig out a long sleeved shirt as we will have lows in the 50's and highs not much beyond 70's and no humidity----cold for him, perfect for me.  

Archived