Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

hi all. a watm one nere today for sure have had  a image.jpg.3b3b196779f10a6a6d9eb7bcebae2d70.jpgheadache most of the day. but  subbsiding.   now t least it doesnt  t throb upon rising anymore lol. 

and m y good. cheater magnifiers snapped an arm off today too lol not good. i have another pair pIr but they are  25 less in strengh and i can tell but they will do till i order another pair from readers dot com.  just cant do much reading till i get some is all but i think i can still crochet  

im up to 16 hats now lol trying to keep a running total and should add  the count to my siggy maybe i will do that  

dont rush it trying to croxhet gals take a break it always comes back eventually  for me it was finding a purpose to crochet which i did with Pine Ridge as they need so much   yes brenda i have tags i can use for the hats and scarves if i make scarves so will attatch them before mailing  i think i could even use two strands of what sports yarn i might still have for the scarves so thats a

a pretty good possibility  huh  

Sinuses are probably the cause of thi headache cause i heard them say tree oollen is way way up    i did have the itchy eyes too a wek or so ago    too! 

my sis has done counting today chemo and rad treatments for for days and she says its not that bad and the rad only takes like 15 minutes or so  most of the time is in travel and waiting i guess but she is doing it!! good for her im proud of her you know  

her attitude seems better more positive than she was at  first anyway so keeping my fingers crossed for her successful treatment and cure  then mqybe they can see their way clear to take care of her intestinal complaints   that is what she originally went in for till they found the lung thing  

She had been on heavy opium painkillers for years and i know that is what is plaguing her body from   the i nside out    

she takes them for back pain ( scoliosis*) so many things she has to go through  so think positive thoughts for her please

ok going to put that hat count in my siggy before i forget   take care   

my next couple of hats coming up  these are  rhe saller balls  i am aiming to use up  color  combo suggestions lol  lol some tans a couple hard to work with browns an  orange and deep red a little peach and a light green so wish me luck i havent made an ugly hat yet lol  

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all. supposed to be in.  the ninetys and today so kinda happy to be . glad  styaing in the ac lol. 

i dont do heat well at all lol

hope you all have a great day andAND IF  you re going to be out drink plenty of fluids and wear light colored clothing at least if not sun screen!!! take care all  till later ❌⭕️❌⭕️

Feeling better today.  Not having to take near as much medication.  Wound up outside for a couple of hours  pulling weeds.  Hadn't planned on it. Just ran outside for something and started pulling a few out of pots, then a few more here and even more there.  Next then I knew 2 hours had passed and I was getting hot and sweaty.  Its going to be a hot one today.  Came in and cleaned the coffee and tea pots while I was cooling down. Now to get my other chores done.  We have been moving the concrete gnomes and birdbath away from the house because the roofers are scheduled out on Tues.  We have bonsai tomorrow and then are taking my sister out to lunch on Sun for  her birthday.  Our birthdays are 11 days apart.  I already gave her the pink apple hotpad she requested.  

Katy hope your sister is doing okay.  Her positive attitude will make a world of difference.  Wouldn't it be nice if they could come up with something to block pain that didn't create other problems?   

Sorry to hear bout the headache Katy.  It must be catching, as yesterday I spent all day with the room dark, or semi dark.  With me I know it is the sinuses.  The eyes are itchy and watery.

We had 3 days of rain, so the trees are getting us back.  Ha! Ha!

Glad to hear your sister has a good attitude, that I am told, is half the battle.

Today I am hoping to work on some 5" baby doll outfits for 4th of July.  They are knitted with tiny yarn and needles.  For those of you who knit they are 1 & 2, or size 0 and 1 hook.

Well, I broke down and bought some yarn I saw and wanted to see how it was.  It is called Pelt yarn  by Lion Brand.  You can not buy it in the store, only on line.  I had not seen it before and it looks longer than fun fur and is suppose to be softer.  We shall see.  Right now it is sitting in Karney, NJ or it has left there and is on it's way here.  I will let you know how it is.

My ability to show pictures is no longer.  We can take the pictures, put them on the computer, but that is it.  We lost our Photo Shop, when the desk top went down.  Don't know where it went, but it is gone.  Hope to get a new one, when we get the desk top working again.

Well, that is it for today so far.  Hot and humid, maybe, maybe not showers.

Have a fun day and lots of hugs to you all.:ghug  

Yesterday I got a birthday puffy from Mary Jo.  It had the cutest little bear sitting on a flower cushion and is holding a butterfly. There was also a cheerful dishcloth and birthday card.  Thank you so much.

20170609_164834.thumb.jpg.0fcae63735678dd71675736c14c21cfe.jpg

Mary Jo hope you get the picture issue resolved as it is going to be awful to not see all the pretties you make.

hello all.. well me likes that square bgs, cute card too..  

oh oor mj too  a sad today, my ipad went out yesterday, now i am  not mobile anymore

h and now too, i will have to take ipics on the camera and transfer them to the desk top, if I  iemember how that is, yet to be seen, lol..\\The kids picked it up this am and ran some tests and stuff, and it is toast.. Yesterday morning, i used it,yesterday afternoon,it just kept shutting down on me and t urning back on, but nomenu screen.. Jen says it is probably the brain chiip as she got an error 47 and that is the brain of the deal, so,would not be feasible nor worth the money to send  it out to be fixed, as it would cost as much aas a new one no doubt.. She and hubby will find  me a deal, im sure, but this time, no apple stuff, hate apple, bot use to it, and like a few things aboutit, but most of it not, lol... \

So i am coming to yu from the desk top, sitting on a broken desk chair for now, as that too is on it's way out,but will do for a bit, i guess... Woeis me, huh, just when you are conned into thinking things are improving someone or soething throws a wench into it all,huh, life, what you gonna do,huh.????

I will still be checking in, and cjecking out things at least once a day, probably at difff times  though, it's whemever i get in there, . I spent so much time in this bedroom the first couple of months,  not cming here for much, but now the desk top, lol  so bear with me, .. I think im looking for a windows lap top next now, no more apple, lol...learned the tystem, but ws not an expert at it, nor did i like it much, but loved the mobility of the  ipad being where i was you know. oh well, such is the life, hhh..

Well, all for  now, i wil check in later, probably sometime this evening after supper.. I f anyone needs anything pm or email me ok. thanks, Im not happy right now, but i am at least happy i have the desk top to use, you know. thanks... good luck to mj with the pics, and wish me luck too, lol  I also wll miss the ease of using the ipad for pics to post on here, now i will have to figure out how to do that all over again from the desk tiop, but not today, lol

Just plugging away on my hats project, kdkdeps me busy i guess, i think i have maybe 16 done now, i will have to lay them all out on the bed, in here, and snap a pic so i can get them al in the pic, lol  Ok, talk to ou later, all, take care.. :ghug

Hey all! Quick check in while I have a couple minutes. Been busy trying to get and keep things cleaned up and the kids out of the heat until evenings when we go to the park. Thankfully now they have the sprinkler on for them! It's been too humid for me to get any crocheting done again :( I need my yarn fix!!!

Hope all are well and that headaches and migraines are gone today! Have a great Sunday all! :hug s

Katy I hate that your tablet quit so soon.  Didnt you get it for Mothers day 2016?  Isnt it amazing how attached one gets to using a tablet or in my case phone instead of the computer?  

Mary Jo what is the yarn you used in the colored stripes of my dishcloth and have you heard anything from Lea?  Its been a while since she has checked in here.   I was going to post a photo in the thank your fgm thread but the reply to this topic box isnt opening up for me.

We took my sister and niece out to lunch for my sister's birthday.  Its another hot sunny day.  Makes me reslly appreciate ac.

I have some more nicu afghans about ready to mail off.  There are 3 like the first one.  They are 24 inches or so across except the last one is smaller.  I had these finished before I got sick.20170611_093127.thumb.jpg.a7273b29f344823eadc718f40a2abb93.jpg

20170611_093354.thumb.jpg.12152b4e4394ba67cd5bb56d3c370cd9.jpg20170611_093251.thumb.jpg.bee98575ca7c7cec4be966e3566ad2e5.jpg

ohh bgs nice baby ghans...are you feeling better now, i hope... 

I hearya linda, blah day here too, finsihed one more hat, took some pics, ad have to mess around putting them from, the camera to the puter, then post them, don't know when i WILL TACKLE THAT LOL   bee a kibg dat akready lol, but we will see.;ove yhat b0ttom multi colored one, very pretty... .. 

ok, brb in a bit, ok. take xare...

000_0213.JPG

Good Morning.  Wow everyone has been busy.

Sorry to hear about your tablet Katy.

Haven't taken any pictures, as the sun is back under the clouds.  Guess rainy season is here.

Dragging  this morning.  Was laying in bed watching the hockey game, it had 10 minutes to go and no one scored yet, the BAM, the lights go out.  Well went around scrambling for flashlights.  I have them placed all over the house, the only problem is you need to see to find one. :rofl  Finally found one and I looked outside and the complex behind us has light, but none in ours and no street lights.  The lights were out for about an hour, hour and a half.  To hot to sleep, as the humidity was up and it was about 80 degrees out at 11 PM.  Finally came back and we cooled off.  So don't know how much crocheting I will get done.

Katie, the humidity and heat is the reason I go with thread this time of the year.  To hot for yarn.

Well, off to fix breakfast and then a nap.:devil

Katy your hats are really starting to add up.  Love how colorful they are.  My cold is nearly gone but not quite.

Its already feels hot and miserable out in the shade this morning.  The roofing should be delivered today so waiting to see.

hi all  so sorry aboutt your electricity and hockey game tampa... 

glad brenda is getting to feel a bit better too.... nothingg much going on today, daughter is coming over after work, to hook me up to a tablet, that i can use for the time being, so we will see, lol leaast i willbe mobile again, huh,...I now have 2dozen  hats ready tor  toll out to pine ridge, just have to tage em,m and get them boxed..that and the squares are ready too, but might have to wait for a week or two, till igeta  t sized box for them as well..nothing much else happenintg here.. cloudy rainy  and dreary all day, lots of rain, today and tonight. not hot though, just humid myb the rain will wash some of the pollen away huh...  have a good one all,ill be back toon, take care... 

Good Morning

slept through the night for once.

its already 80,going to be 94,then a front comes through and tomorrow gets a high of 78,but a chance of rain for 5 days straight

have cool safe and happy day

Hi all coming to you from a samsung tab 3. Just temp for now  but at least im mobile again huh!!

My dear daughter is DA BeST ever H uh!,  takes a little getting used to but much like the ipad with more gdgets and bells and whistles to keep track of  but very much appl like. Its androud thogh not apple. 

Had my  glucerna carb steady for diabetics this am strawberry flavor my fav.

And threre is a part of my jimmy johns sandwich for lunc later.  So im good. 

Sunny with a few clouds today but after all that rain the sun is welcome even if it does get too wzrm lol

well got some wrk  to to d o on my passwords as we found sme of them arent current lol so will straightn that out from the desk top later today. 

Gonna crcochet  a ittle bit on some 12 inch squares for Pineridge  ok everyone have a great day. Till later then h f olks.   ♥★♡☆

Hey all 7m back!

Looking up a couple things o far so good. No rain a As of yet got humid out thougjh lawn got  mowed this a am  so thanks Dennis!,

Finished the 12 inch square this am and had some lunch  so ready to go back to it  soon. Just takin  a breather. 

I thought  the keyboard on the ipad was small this a one is about half f my ipads size and is  eqally touchy lol ny desk to op will seem enormous  now for sure. 

Ok breaks over. Talk  to you all  soon. ** 

Archived