Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Good Morning everyone.  Off today to get the hair cut.

Love the hats Katy and hope all goes well with your sister.

Oh let's not forget that today is Brenda's Birthday. 

I have been checking the birthday's every day to wish our friends a Happy Birthday. So I hope I do not miss anyone.

Well off to get ready to go out.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning

beautiful day out,got the plants fertilized yesterday,I'm really happy with my choice to do only shade patio plants

Mary Jo,thanks for continuing the birthdays,the format sure is different,my choice in colors,would be to bring back the old red, this brick or washed out red,just doesn't do it for me,I think I used it once and now hunt for a different one for the birthdays

Happy Birthday Brenda

hiya.  yep good to hear brenda i cant imagine my daughter going outside in winter time s dak without a hat or anyone for that matter soI am very  glad to help where i am sent lol by some means divine or otherwise lol. 

my two bed side tables i. the bedroom-were way overdue for a god sorting and cleaning out so got that done today folded laundry and vacuumed the bedroom and put things in what i call Pre-hospital  mode again!! 

even the small things i can do again Ii count as a mini-success!! They all add up you know. i know i could walk without the security of the rollerator and do in the smaller rooms  but a little scared to try yet on a lsrgee scale.  i dont need to fall and re-injur anything. but i do poke around the craft room and bedroom without the rollator so it will come one day soon but for now i just need to take it slow dr said dont rush things do it when you are ready so ill wait a little longer i guess till i get the courage up to go farther 

well glad mr snowbear is on the mend and most of us at least are healthy!! Congrats on the tote winner too!!!

handy gets  e caught up on outside jobs is going to build a ramp on the fro nt of the house we have o ee out back but thats a long way to go for memr especially around the house to get to the drive way  he has built many for prople here so he knows what hes doing lol it wont be a  really long one just one from the porch to the sidewalk that leads to the drive is all but a big help none the less!!

oh my Brenda its  your b day and i forgot even a card forgive me   say do you knit i know you do but maybe i have soomething  here you would like.  ill tell you about it later he he he    anyway have a  happy birthday!! 

well were getting something r ady to s at so ill chat you all up again later  enjoy your weekends squares!!  ❌⭕️❌⭕️

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  This year dh gave me his cold for my birthday and I had just gotten my allergy symptoms under control.   He has given them to me a couple of times for Christmas.  They are miserable anytime but seems to me the summer ones are worse-----90° high humidity and a head cold.   I had scheduled a shopping day and lunch with my niece and sister months ago since this year my birthday fell on Sat.  and we never seemed to get to do that anymore.  I medicated and just went.  We had a good day but I was exhausted by the time I got back home.  At least I slept pretty good last night. 

Katy I am not a knitter just a wannabe.  I used to have a pair of knitting needles taught myself to cast on and did a little swatch and pulled it apart.  That was as far as I got.   I never could figure out what to make.  When I moved I gave away the needles.  Then after I started using the knifty knitter looms and seeing all the stitches and patterns they were coming up with I decided in some cases it would be easier to just needle knit so I purchased as set that interconnected with cables and havent used them yet.  I have what I call an "oh ____ birthday"  People turn the calendar and its oh ____ its her birthday.  They used to do birthdays where I worked and mine was hard being on the heels of Memorial day weekend and vacation season starting.

I think I feel a little better today.  It sort of comes and goes in waves.  I got my free birthday sub for lunch and will stop for another birthday deal for supper.  Didnt think it was supposed to rain today but got caught out in a squall where it just poured.  If I had only known I would not have worn my new shoes that I bought yesterday.  One of my pet peeves is how shoes come unglued when worn in wet conditions like rain or wet grass.  Aggravates me to no end.  Its hard to find womens shoes where the soles are welted or sewn on so I do shop the mens department for hiking boots and rugged type sandals.

Good Morning

a bit grey out there this morning,was up early,6:20

signed up for the summer reading program,I'm glad they changed from last year's format of read one book and then do alot of community based  things

that might work for someone with young kids,not someone who is more homebound doing caregiving

enjoy the day,everyone

hello all who cme in this day  its su ny humid and hot today but the ac is cranking away and i am content in my craft room for the moment  

i am up to eleven hats done so far i a enrage about two a day or at least one and a half lol i enjoy the color combos making thrm and then working witth them  lol

i got my as seen on tv car door handle thingie that is supposed to help get in and out of the car so we will see nex time i am in the car i hope it works on both sides as so much now i sit on the passenger side   

nhandy  is out doing some p,umbing repair for one of my brunch buddies  but will be back soon!,  i have posted my hats fresh off the hook over on the other thread and i changed ithe thread name to "show your charity donation here   " it  might  ght turn out to be a great thread or it wont lol we'll see  ha ha  

either way i hope to see others donatio things too  lots of eye candy  ♥️?❤️

ok well all for now more to comr later friends take care brenda get well soon  ❌⭕️❌⭕️

Hey everyone, thought I would just pop in to say hi. Things are going better. Hubby is doing good. Got out to mow yard yesterday. But it rained. So, next sunny will get yard mowed.  Glad to hear from all of you. Thanks for prayers.  I have been working on some crochet project. The little dolls turned out good. Now I am working on a throw blanket. The lady that I am doing it for. Well she wants it black and red. It look pretty. Take care everyone. Happy crocheting.:ghug

Good Morning

glad to hear your hubby is on the mend Snowbear

need to get a new strainer for the kitchen sink,want to check libraries to see if anyone dropped off to the swap shelf anything new and interesting

hope there is a bit a sunshine in your day

.First time here on the laptop since the big software change. Things do look really different don't they?  All I know is it works so much better on my phone that I have liked this change.  Glad it loaded ok on the laptop as I don't have any cell phone signal here today.  

It's been sunny hot and humid and I go through spells of being miserable with this cold.  I medicated enough yesterday so  I had no trouble sitting through the new Pirates movie. We went to the morning showing and there were only 4 of us in the theater.  It didn't seem like it was 2 hours and 30 minutes long.  I stayed focused following the story, action, and the funny banter between the characters so my mind had no time to wander off.  Boy the credits ran a long time on this one before it reached that last little bit they through in at the very end.    After that we had linner (Mary Jo's word for lunch-dinner) at Jess and Jim's one of my dad's favorite steak houses.  We never went there a lot because it was expensive (Sat evening or Sun) and there were 6 of us so it was really special when we went there. Lunch Mon through Sat seems pretty reasonable though.  I was tired when we got back home and fell asleep in my chair.  

Katy I starting working on squares for the PRR but haven't done anything crochet wise since I got sick. I tried to do a square last night but just couldn't finish it.   Did you read enough along in the directions to see that they have a label for you to print off (for the children of PRR group)  for you to attach to the items you make (hats, scarves, gloves, etc) where you circle if its acrylic or wool, hand or machine wash and either your first name or your Ravelry screen name?  I have been reading through the threads and the great need is just so sad but its incredible how much the group has sent.  At one point I saw that they can use things like the cottage cartoons (that I put in the recycling) to keep insects out of food items.    

Wowowowowowow, HI EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :waving

Can an old friend stop by??? lol :D I hope everyone is doing well, love seeing the new 'Ville AND especially loved seeing this thread still active. :yes

I wanted to show you that I FINALLY started joining my beautiful squares some of y'all made me into an afghan. Here is it after I joined all the squares, I'm currently working on a border so I'll post another picture when it's totally finished:

FriendshipghanA2017.thumb.jpg.33b9ca2cd301bce7c0b39f6dae81fefc.jpg

As I was laying them out, I couldn't believe how easily they all went together, even though different people made them, y'all are awesome! :manyheart

So what's been going on with you? Are there still squares to be swapped? I might end up with some time and can send some out if there's still a list! :D 

Hugs all around!! :ghug

Good Morning

here it is Wednesday again,that was a quick week,up early to do shopping list.

its overcast almost chilly,its only 70 with a breeze,have a good day

Thought I would stop in.

Not getting much done, as this wonderful rain we are getting is playing havoc with the sinuses.

Hope all are doing well.  Try and check in later.

oh hi glitter !! So happy to see your name. back yes still a list on first post glad you are back. you ghan is just breath taking i see a few of mine in there too aleays such  fun  when i can spot  a suare  or two in someones final project!! Looks perfect are you keeping it for you or is it going some where else.  special!,

MJ   feel better soon and brenda too.  yes i did read those threads pretty thouroly too they just need ao much. my printer is always out of ink but intend  to put a not in  accompanying my shipment that all items are made from acrylic and wash and dryable. as i personally dont use wool lol it makes me sneeze. 

i did not look at the lable as i wasnt going to us it but will check that out again before i am ready to mail thanks for the heads up.  i did read to. the hats and things that no solid  red or solid blue though as those are gang colors there. so if you are going to make a solid color hat in red or blue put a couple of different color stripes throughout it. that will. be fine. i have about 50+ squares ready and am up to an even dozen hats now so well on my way!!

cant complain hats are fairly  no brainer items and fun and easy and keep my hands busy. lol

i think i crochet them faster than a loomed hat too go figure!!

all sizes are needed too so i  am making them to fit child to adult i guess and will loom up some baby sized ones befor imail probably in Nov  the squares go to La to the lady there to  e put  together but if iremember corrctly the winter wear things can go to a diff address  i will check that out dor sure too  efore mailing  

well all for noe got number 13 or 14 hat on the hook riight now lol more to come  feel better all that are ailing!! ❌⭕️?⭕️

image.jpg

JustAddGlitter nice looking ghan. Glad you came back.

Katy more nice hats.  One note with the squares going to LA saying they are acrylic is fine.  I think they want each hat, scarf, etc that we make individually tagged acrylic or wool and machine or hand wash because when they get to S D the packages will be opened and the contents sorted and mixed in with all the other donations they receive.  They like them individually tagged in case of allergies and so the recipient knows the laundering instructions.

Another sunny day but  not as humid so it wasnt miserable out.  I have a sore throat and still have my cold but spent the afternoon mowing.  Still dont feel much like crocheting.

well, I thought the extra blanket was off the bed for the season,we went from 78 early this morning to barely 50 right now

so I dragged it over to the bed,so I'll through sleep all night and not wake up cause I'm chilly

bgs,feel better soon.

Quick check in! Hope everyone is feeling better. I havn't had much motivation to do anything the last couple of weeks. Not sure why.

I just wanted to let everyone know I was still here.

hi all. a watm one nere today for sure have had a headache most of the day. but  subbsiding.   now t least it doesnt  t throb upon rising anymore lol. 

and m y good. cheater magnifiers snapped an arm off today too lol not good. i have another pair pIr but they are  25 less in strengh and i can tell but they will do till i order another pair from readers dot com.  just cant do much reading till i get some is all but i think i can still crochet  

im up to 16 hats now lol trying to keep a running total and should add  the count to my siggy maybe i will do that  

dont rush it trying to croxhet gals take a break it always comes back eventually  for me it was finding a purpose to crochet which i did with Pine Ridge as they need so much   yes brenda i have tags i can use for the hats and scarves if i make scarves so will attatch them before mailing  i think i could even use two strands of what sports yarn i might still have for the scarves so thats a

a pretty good possibility  huh  

Sinuses are probably the cause of thi headache cause i heard them say tree oollen is way way up    i did have the itchy eyes too a wek or so ago    too! 

my sis has done counting today chemo and rad treatments and she says its not that bad and the rad only takes like 15 minutes or so  most of the time is in travel and waiting i guess but she is doing it!! good for her im proud of her you know  

her attitude seems better more positive than she was at  first anyway so keeping my fingers crossed for her successful treatment and cure  then mqybe they can see their way clear to take care of her intestinal complaints   that is what she originally went in for till they found the lung thing  

She had been on heavy opium painkillers for years and i know that is what is plaguing her body from   the i nside out    

she takes them for back pain ( scoliosis*) so many things she has to go through  so think positive thoughts for her please

ok going to put that hat count in my siggy before i forget   take care   

Archived