Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Katy thank you for sending me a birthday card.  Yes it does feel weird to stuff squares in a puffy with all their tails hanging out but I think I could get used to it real easy.  I probably overdo it working in ends as I have an awful time if I see a mistake and need to pull it apart.  I basically do a back stitch (sewing or embroidery) around some part of a stitch then weave a bit or run through 3 or more stitches where they join to the previous row do a back stitch and run back through the opposite direction do a back stitch run back opposite direction.  Those back stitches really lock it in.

Made it home before the storms.  They were bad in this area tonight.  Sounds like your last night Katy lots of wind damage and many without power. Luckily ours just blipped a couple of times.   A tornado formed just north of us but was moving away from us.  

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be careful with all the storms.  Ours are coming back today.  We had one full day of no rain.

My Beach tote is done and our Photo Shop is working again.

Here is the tote. 

Well, it is off to make the DH some French Toast for Father's Day Breakfast.

Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning

with all this tropical heat and moisture,the impatiens are really taking off,when I first put them in the pot and set the gnome in the center,you could see him lounging,now its funny all you see now is his eyes and hat

time to get the day started,have a wonderful day

The storms have passed for a few days and the sun is out.  Its a much more comfortable day out---not as hot and much lower humidity.  

Katy I have 60 six inchers to mail off to the lady assembling afghans for prr.20170618_101023.thumb.jpg.5a8c7c263c4d27146cd2536abaec4bf7.jpg

I made these lapghans for w4w.

20170618_101806.thumb.jpg.36a1df349443c3bbf2f67b6f3dc1e0e9.jpg20170618_102025.thumb.jpg.93476c4af23d97386aaa0eade20c1e53.jpg

wow  brenda, great job, so pretty<< I taggged and labeled all the hats the other day, i have two dozen to go but they go to a fidd address..OH, i have mailed amy at ravelry, as I can't gert any help otherse frp, amupme. so hopefully she will do something soon, porability and mobility  and the ville, are the reason i have this tablet, you know, saves me a trip into the other room to get on the desk top, plus i can look up a pattern or stitch instandly from my crochet char. My desk chair is half broken, so hard to sit in it for long, which is i why i keep the posts a day down, it's so uncomrotalbe, and i have really no other chair to use right now..........

Im glad everyopne is still doing ok, me too, just working away, got about 12 count um, lol big 12 inchers done for pam to put together, i think a 3 by 4 square blankee of twelve would be a good size, so she canuse thaem for that, or add more to it, her choice.. I have a paroblem with the leaving ends, just not in my nature to mail something half done, lol.. I find weaving in ends relaxing, between crochet projects, as it gives me a rest, and doing something new for a bit, so i don't mine.. Iback weave mostly, making a turn or two as well, whcih i feel reall y locks it in, also i read, magic circles beginnings have been known to come out, i have never used a magic circle to start anything with fortunately so that wasn't a hardship  

i will have to make an eye appty soon, as things just don;t seen big enough for me to see them anymore, lol imaging that.. and my rings just will fall off my fnger if I don't put a tighrer one on top of it, so, am wearing two rings to keep them in place... sheesh, huh... maybe its all the crocheting, lol... funny thing is, my right finger ips for the glucose tests twice a day, doesn't like to give much blood, but that is the hand i use most, and the left hand fingertips sometimes, get sore.. i read there are other places, like the palm and the tforearm, but don't know where, and they say they are nota as accurate, so i don'nt know, just so it doesnt effoect my crochet, lol whatever huh.. Just wondering what you all do if you come across that prob as i kow there are several that are diabetid here too, share me your tips and tricks on't you please. lol \\well, there is new hope, i may hear from amy soon, and i will get a temp password, she did that for me once berfore, and it got in, and then promptyly changed it, and this time, i want to change my email too, as it seems yahoo too is dragging their feet on sending me a temp, cause my email there, is not the new one anymore, woe is me, lol someday maybe i will remember what it was, who iknows. i learned though, to write downpasswords, don't put them on  your ipad, cause that might go out!! lesson learned... 

All for now, no storms today, sunshiney day, imid mild. Handy started the ramp today for the front of the house, my steps were so hard to make, athat even the brunch bunch had trouble with them, and now me too, with a weark limb so he started it, made templates a i guess, going to be a very gradual slope, the back ramp we built for the doggie,and it was a bit steep even for her, but it waved her using the steips when her hind legs got bad... ok all for now, i will type more later, had to take a break, had some soup, and a pudding cup, ready to work some more.. I am moving around thecraft room  sans wwalker, that means without the help of, lol as it is a small room, ahd i i get around there rather well, lol Ok, all for  now, tyou all take casre. 

I have tried to use up the stray balls of brown, and darker colors as they are hard to work with, unless i have the ott light on, lol so hopefull i am about done with those, i think i had two med baxlls ofr browns, so mixed them with some varg. and got through them, navy, is hard as well to work with, and i don't do black anymore, lol yours look very nice and will make a great part of a ghan for someone lucky too... crazy storm pic!!

unnamed.jpg

53 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

aew those two last ones brenda, twelve inchers, they are stunning.....you and I are making a diff, huh... wish others would join in, they need so much there, they really do.. :manyheart

The last two are lapghans and are 32 to 34 inches square and will be going to Warmth for Warriors a group that supports our military - active duty and vets.

Morning everyone!

Love the picture, Katy.  Thank goodness that tree didn't fall on anything.

Hope all the Fathers had a nice Father's Day.  French toast sounds yummy!!! My hubby got a steak on the grill.  I hope no one gets bad storms today.

Have a good one.:)

Storms are moving in again today.  One this, is the rain only last about an hour, then it goes away.  Clouds and humidity linger though.

Trying to get back to my dolls and such for charity.  I love the squares and the afghans.

Wow what a picture is right.

Have a fun day today.

yes those  stroms  weres omething... they say now there were at  least 6 diff. tonados that came through the area, all doing equally destructive damage all around the area/ we were lucky just getting rain dumped onus i guess, thank goodness... 

Its a bright sunny day today, and very mild, no humidity much to speak of!! I ave been putttering about, did a small load of whites, and a few dishes, and took out some hamburger I guess for supper to thaw, i really don' like much meat anymore in my diet, but can tolerate now it now and then... having a hamburger patty, minus the bread or bun and a nice green salad for my supper later on, leave the buns for handy, lol 

well, got a pic of the pile of a dpzen even 12 inchers for Pine Ridge, that is complete now.. i will try to get that on the camea today, before i leave the bed room again, for spaces unknown, lol..

here they be in a roll of color for you. lol there, all done, that is my roll of 12 of 12inchers.. you have seen most of them in other pics, but sometime before i mail them i woulk like to lay them all out on the bed, and see them al at once, lol...

more storms due tonight and tomorrow, as i understand, so will be on the lookout for those in these parts... I have not seen such a stormy june for a while i tell ya... flowers are loving it, and the trees that don't get uprooted, are getting a good drink, im sure,but a for me, i could do with more sunny mild days, like today, for sure. 

000_0228.JPG

well all, got a re[ply and i think i can get signed on on the tablet now, haven't tried it yet, lol im afaraid, but i will do that soon... Question, do i have to use the new temp pass word on that device as well, as i have signed in on the desk top now with a passwod change, and email change, so was wondering if i have to do that too, on the tablet. I wrote them down this time, lol... so wish me luck!!! amy was busy moving to a new retail loaction, and that is why the delay.. she is usually good about helping us though, so my panic is subdued a bit now, unless i can't sign on the tablet still, lol again, later friends... take care...oh no luck with a reponse from yahoo, so guess i just  will forget about tht email now, and use the gmail, cos im tired of waiting on them, and getting screen after screen of verifying just to be bounced back to start again, lol no more yahoo email, but the only bad part about that is that my contacts are gone too, darn it... well, so be it, that'll teach me, l i guess. i learned from this, trust me... :ty

Good evening all

It was extremely busy here this weekend.

Toaday fighting a migraine but, just couldn't sleep it off for then I was getting leg cramps for laying down. A crazy day.

hope are well and doing good.

Katy hope you have it all figure out.

We are having another somewhat comfortable day out although still hotter than I really like. I have been working on getting the gnomes, rocks and solar lights put back ( we moved them to have the roof done).  I noticed the bird bath and a few of the guys needed a new paint job so I stopped to do that.  Turned out I kept finding one more thing that needed painting so it turned into an all day job with more to do another day.  Gonna need more paint.  I have sixteen squares together (I join as I put the last round on) for another lapghan and starting on the border.

Katy if you logged on with the temporary password and then changed the password on your account you would use the password you changed to from then on any time you sign in regardless of the device you are using.

Storms moving into the Gulf.  They are very watching them very close.  They may not hit Florida, but the rest of the states and Mexico are in the path.  BUT, who knows once they get into the warm waters of the Gulf.  We are suppose to get lots of rain from them.

We had our friend come over yesterday to work in the yard.  I needed one tree trimmed. Well, it did not get trimmed, as there is a birds nest in the tree.  Fascinating how perfectly round it is and there is some silver paper in it.  The birds even like bling.

Working on the pocket of the tote.

owlvamp I do hope you are feeling a little better today.

Today we are back in the miserable heat and humidity.  So far I have the laundry going and have painted 5 gnomes and 1 rabbit.  Linda I thought of you when I was painting the gnomes and the time you said Rene' wanted one painted purple.  I may have to resort to other colors as I am nearly out of the gray I use.  

Cant connect to internet on laptop but there is a phone line pole snapped off and the phone line laying on the ground towards town. Some still without power from Sat nights storm.

i did post earlier, but its a no show apparently.. I give up, I can't  keep up with this stuff anymore, lol hot here today too, humid, storms for tonight maybe or tomorrow, or both.. nothing much else, just plugging away, doing what I do,   hope all is well with all of you... 

Katy I totally understand. I posted at 5:30 this morning cause I was up and it didn't post. Not sure what's up with it but I just went along with my day.. Don't give it up cause then you are giving up on us and we all need to stick together. I know it's a pain and sometimes we just need a break. But I haven't seen a sight with so many problems. Hopefully they work through the bugs.

Yep Sandra is right.  Dont give up.  I lose my posts all the time not because of the site because my cell phone signal drops just as I hit submit.

Sad to see Terri/LadySorce's husband passed away on Sun.

yes bgs,purple is her favorite color

we differ what goes with purple,I can remember as a kid coloring girls dresses purple and yellow,she just shutters when I mention them together,but in the Fall I point out the combo pansies of those very colors,and just chuckle.

I still have some painting to do,I have all metallics,ice blue,reg blue,a beautiful green,assorted copper penny,bronzes and of course purple,I haven't decided whats going to be that color,whimsy might take over and a fat ceramic cat might end purple,I don't have a cow to paint that color,anyone remember that rhyme from school

I never saw a purple cow 

I never hope to see one

But I can tell you anyhow

I'd rather see than be one !

ha, yep puerple andyellow are striking together, pansys prove it. lol 

nothing m uch going down today, weather is good, and no complaints I will try the tablet again tomorrow moning,and see if it posts for me, lol tonight, Im just too tired to domuch at all, but lean back, and flip channels, lol  

im glad daughter is coming over on sunday for belated fathers day, i have some questions abou computer for her, lol  I don't know what to do next,crochetwise, but ill think of someinthing im sure......all for tonight, you all have a loely evening, ok...........:ghug

Good Morning.

I just read some sad news that Terri/LadySorce has lost her husband.  Terri has worked hard to keep the wish list going and has been am member for as long or longer than I have been.  I would like to make her a comfort ghan.  It would consist of 12 inch squares all purple/white or combo.  I don't care what the pattern is or color, as long as there is purple in it. I am thinking 6 by 5 so that would be 30 -  12 inch squares.  Unless someone has a better size than 6 x 5.

Things are good here.  Lots of rain and it is so muggy today.  The one storm has passed us and is on it's way to Texas, Louisiana coast.

Off to work on the pocket on the tote.  Got half of it done hope to finish the other half.

Have a fun day.

Archived