Boxing Day 2016 CAL (any charity items!)

babypoohsmom

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

most are 3 inches wide and 3 inches tall,some got a bit bigger between 4 and 41/2 inches wide and still 3 inches tall

the one on the top right looks to have yellow in it,no yellow was used,I guess they photograph better than I thought they looked while I was doing them,I usually try a light color,dark and a variegated,the one on the bottom left looked like neopolitian  ice cream colors

Sorry I have been so absent this past week. I went to the neurosurgeon and it looks like I am going to have to have spinal surgery. I am not happy about it and of course there is nobody who knows my job so planning for 6 to 8 weeks off is a disaster. Looks like I will be teleworking, etc. I wish I could just say "see ya in 8 weeks".

I did finish a hat this week. And last week I finished a scarf to match a hat that I made a while back but I still have to weave in the ends. No pictures yet.

Sorry I have been so absent this past week. I went to the neurosurgeon and it looks like I am going to have to have spinal surgery. I am not happy about it and of course there is nobody who knows my job so planning for 6 to 8 weeks off is a disaster. Looks like I will be teleworking, etc. I wish I could just say "see ya in 8 weeks".

I did finish a hat this week. And last week I finished a scarf to match a hat that I made a while back but I still have to weave in the ends. No pictures yet.

Lots of prayers that your surgery goes well!!!

will keep you in prayers

I did another doll pattern set/  this one based on the MY Life Dolls from Walmart.

post-4896-0-65996800-1458342090_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-91071200-1458342091_thumb.jpg

post-4896-0-21177400-1458342093_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-66953700-1458342094_thumb.jpg

I have found that my charitable donations aren't quite as welcome as I had hoped.  If they don't want ghans and twiddle mitts then I will do doll clothes.  I do love creating the clothes; the typing up and the pics are the challenging bits. :rofl

Note: the doll in the nightgown is from Walmart but is not in the "MY Life" brand.

I will be posting the pattern here at the 'Ville tomorrow.  I always post 1 day ahead in my Yahoo group.

Darski, who is not excited about ghans and the mitts? Seems like a place would have to be nuts not to fall over themselves for those items. I think in last year's thread someone said the animal shelter didn't seem jazzed about the cat mats. I just don't understand that. I can't make stuff fast enough... Well it's fun that you have been focusing on the dolls for awhile. And you were in a very yellow mood!

I finally have a picture of the scarf I finished last week. The last little kitten in the house sure is keeping me busy so I don't get in the craft room as much as I want and can't crochet by the tv because she goes nuts for yarn. A lady that used to work with my husband is coming to look at baby Pippi tomorrow, so fingers crossed that she gets adopted. Oh, by the way, my husband hates her name. I was going to name her Pippa, but there were already 2 in the rescue history so I switched to Pippi. I have no idea what he wanted to call her.

Anyway...both items were made with 2 strands held together. One solid green and one in the variegated all colors.post-13802-0-82662400-1458363297_thumb.jpeg

Posted the pattern today.

I think it was the lukewarm nature of the comments that bothered me about the ghans and the twiddle mitts.

I used to donate to a different home but I no longer have access to them (a friend has moved away)  I will continue to make ghans and shawls just because I like them and I'm sure the residents like them even if the staff is rather tepid.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone...its been quiet around here., starting with me. I have scarf that I made on the small Addi machine and two crochete hats that all need their finishing touches.

My little foster kitten has spent the last two weekends at adoption events and still I have her. Adoptions have been very slow. It's almost impossible for me to use my craft room right now because I cannot keep her out and there is just too much trouble for her to get into and too many small spaces for her to hide. I still have to keep an eye on my 4 year old when she's in there with me because she is always trying to get into something.

Here are the two hats. One is a plain Jane with a fp, bp DC border. The other is a Tezzie.post-13802-0-00241100-1459743675_thumb.jpeg

Archived