Boxing Day 2016 CAL (any charity items!)

babypoohsmom

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cindy, the blanket is lovely. Is it knit or crocheted? If it's crochet, can you share the name of the pattern?

And Bailey, don't think I didn't notice more of that off white yarn in the ballet dress! You are keeping true to your word.

I finished some cat beds and toys. Cute little monster fleece!

post-13802-0-82054400-1454731480_thumb.jpeg

And then I went to Joanns just to get bobbins (yeah right) and came home with this yarn. It's like the Red Heart Botique Changes yarn only chunky. They had 5 color ways. These were $10 per skein but I had two coupons so I got two for $10. Because I need yarn....not.

post-13802-0-98768500-1454731500_thumb.jpeg

I also finally made a scarf to match the hat I made a few weeks ago. I'm not happy with it. This yarn is too thin to make a nice scarf on the smaller Addi machine. But oh well, it's done.

I had a very hard time getting a good picture even though I had the windows open and the light on.

post-13802-0-11661700-1454739129_thumb.jpeg

Thankyou ladies. Denise, the blanket is a very easy knit pattern.

Denise, that's a great looking and very masculine scarf. I just went to Joann's last night, but didn't see that yarn. I bought 6 different skeins of yarn, including one of their new "house brand" (Big Twist), to try out. The worsted weight yarn is really soft and it's quite inexpensive. If it washes up nicely, I will get more.

Cindy, I have had good luck with Joanns old house brand, so I'll bet you will find that the new stuff washes up nicely. I bought some but have not used it yet. (In fact I still have loads of the old stuff). I don't know why I can't stop buying yarn.

I don't know how to knit (yet) so I guess I don't need any details on how to find that pattern. I hope to learn soon. I have tried several times but I lose my patience.

Just a quick stop by... I've been following the posts in my mail reader.

I want to post the link for my "Divinely Inspired Cowl" which is based on The Divine Hat pattern that I love. I have permission to offer the cowl.

I can't seem to get much finished in the way of crochet these days so it was nice to get something made and written up.

Darski, thanks so much. You are such a busy lady. I love the Devine hat. I've only made it once but thought it was beautiful. I am excited now about making a matched set hat and cowl. Woo hoo. Something new to try.

Ha ha, now you should figure out how to make a Tezzie cowl or scarf and I will be busy for a long time!!

Today I quilted a quilt for my aunt. She hand pieces and her work is so perfect. I'll show you even though it's not charity, what the heck...

post-13802-0-28463700-1454829331_thumb.jpeg

After I was done with that I went back to making kennel blankets, but it's past midnight so I had to stop for the night.

Yarnscrapper, that is a long arm.  My mom and I bought it in 1999.  She passed in 2012 so now it's in my living room.  The room that used to have all of the pretty furniture that nobody sat in!! 

I had to log in on the "big" computer today so I could download Darski's pattern and update my siggy,  I have no dog in the fight in today's Super Bowl, but I always like to watch. Hopefully I can read Darksi's pattern and watch the commercials at the same time. 

I have been watching the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet and the Kitten Bowl on Hallmark.  They are so cute and hopefully promote shelter adoptions!

Well, I'm not sure if the Divine Hat takes a long time to make or if I had too much "help" from sweet little Sunshine...

post-13802-0-56978800-1454906253_thumb.jpeg

But I barely finished the hat and did not get to start the cowl, so I guess I'll start that tomorrow! Here is the hat. I have loads of this yarn, so I'll be using it for the cowl too.

post-13802-0-88942400-1454906264_thumb.jpeg

Well, I'm not sure if the Divine Hat takes a long time to make or if I had too much "help" from sweet little Sunshine...

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

But I barely finished the hat and did not get to start the cowl, so I guess I'll start that tomorrow! Here is the hat. I have loads of this yarn, so I'll be using it for the cowl too.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

what a wonderful helper.

I do love your hat; the colour is great.

Hi Owlvamp! It's never too late to join in around here. I'm glad to see you back. Aren't you the gal who had the friend who lost the contents of her craft room to Superstorm Sandy? Well, she didn't lose it, she knew exactly where it was but it was a wet mess. I've wondered lately how things turned out for her.

Well anyway, if that's not you, you're certainly welcome in our CAL regardless. Do you already have charity projects in the works?

Oh, forgot to post this quick hat I made on the Addi last week. I feel like this is my confessional. I bought a bag of those darn mill ends. This is soft, shiny yarn like Caron Simply Soft but maybe just a tiny bit thinner.

The Divine hat I made is also mill end yarn. It's a beautiful blue with a strange green undertone. I might have to venture outside and see if I can get a good picture. It was 83 degrees here today. That's just too hot for February. It makes me think we will have one of those summer's where we have 100 days in a row with the high over 100 degrees. The weather people here think it's funny but I hate it. I live in the wrong city!!

post-13802-0-81807200-1454984072_thumb.jpeg

Yes, I am the one with a friend who lost her crafts and supply's . She is doing better now. I still gather things for her and send. She ended up moving for she lost her husband. Poor thing went through a lot and is recovering from all the loss. She moved in with her relatives and I haven't heard from her in a little over a month now. But her plans were to get her own place. It's sad and it sure has been a learning experience for us all. Don't take life for granted. Life throws us obstacles all the time it's how we deal with them ..

Yes, I keep charity projects going all year. I work with the social services here. I make pillowcases, hats, scarves, slippers, mittens and gather other things (like coloring books, crayons, tooth paste, tooth brushes, toys) for the children. I crochet blankets, quilt blankets for them as well.

I also help with the batter women and the homeless . I try to have hats and scarves in the vehicle in case I see someone who needs them. I donate hats to the hospital for the infants.

I quilt and crochet for people who have major illnesses. The smile on their faces is all the payment I need . I love touching someone's life and to let them know there is people in this world that does care and willing to help.

Bailey, grey lady outfit is cute. Denise, your hats look great.

Welcome Owlvamp. You sound like a very busy lady.

I finished a hat for donation this week.

Eta: sorry that the picture is sideways, the iPad always does that and I can't figure out how to fix it.

post-6189-0-68393500-1455063418_thumb.jpg

Eta: sorry that the picture is sideways, the iPad always does that and I can't figure out how to fix it.

Great hat.

I found this information on the net on why photos get re-oriented and how to stop it:  http://www.ehow.com/how_8376973_stop-pics-turning-sideways.html

the hat looks lovely.

I managed to finish a dress up outfit for Valentine's day. and I've got the pics to prove it.  I'll be posting the pattern here tomorrow.

post-4896-0-52602900-1455069227_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-96151200-1455069228_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-36201900-1455069230_thumb.jpg

I've been having a hard time getting crochet done lately.  I think my potassium levels must be off again as my arms get so tired so easily now.

Archived