Boxing Day 2016 CAL (any charity items!)

babypoohsmom

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bailey, I just adore the little basket. I can't manage things that small so I always notice (envy) them.

Cindy, I love your projects. The little dress is adorable. Did you knit the booties?

And Owlvamp, that is simply clever about the chain. There must have been someone out there as goofed up as I for them to come up with an idea like that.

We sure have a heck of a variety of projects and ideas even though we are a pretty small group. This is my favorite place to hang out and wind down before bed. You guys feel like my friends. I always feel a bit odd when I mention someone from this group when I talk to a "tangible" person. I don't say "my on-line friend" - I always say "a friend from my crochet group"....is that odd? Does it matter that I've never met you but I call you my friend? Is that normal or am I needy??

Bailey, I just adore the little basket. I can't manage things that small so I always notice (envy) them.

Cindy, I love your projects. The little dress is adorable. Did you knit the booties?

And Owlvamp, that is simply clever about the chain. There must have been someone out there as goofed up as I for them to come up with an idea like that.

We sure have a heck of a variety of projects and ideas even though we are a pretty small group. This is my favorite place to hang out and wind down before bed. You guys feel like my friends. I always feel a bit odd when I mention someone from this group when I talk to a "tangible" person. I don't say "my on-line friend" - I always say "a friend from my crochet group"....is that odd? Does it matter that I've never met you but I call you my friend? Is that normal or am I needy??

I have two sites I go to everyday

started at one place called the kitchen table,when that went to a pay site,one lady of our group started a site called the treehouse

we have been together since 1998,when I refer to them to hubby or daughter I call them my treehouse friends

same with crochetville they are said to be my crochetville friends

MY first Twiddle Mitt (muff)  these Mitts are designed for dementia patients.  It meets the need to twiddle and fuss and so is calming.

I have attempted to provide lots of texture and bits to feel.  I suddenly wish I knew of more textured stitches with greater relief. :think

post-4896-0-19606300-1456340768_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-82876500-1456340769_thumb.jpg

post-4896-0-60742600-1456340771_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-32244800-1456340773_thumb.jpg

Original information for knitters

MY first Twiddle Mitt (muff)  these Mitts are designed for dementia patients.  It meets the need to twiddle and fuss and so is calming.

I have attempted to provide lots of texture and bits to feel.  I suddenly wish I knew of more textured stitches with greater relief. :think

attachicon.giftm001.jpgattachicon.giftm002.jpg

attachicon.giftm003.jpgattachicon.giftm004.jpg

Original information for knitters

What a wonderful idea.  I wonder if they'd work for kids who have similar challenges.

Hi, everyone! I wanted to give you all a personal invitation to Crochetville's fourth annual blog tour in honor of National Crochet Month. This year's tour features a virtual passenger steam train trip. The Crochet Express will leave the station at 8:00 AM on March 1 to visit 93 crochet designers, 20 yarn companies, and 19 crochet-friendly local yarn stores, plus a daily giveaway. You'll be able to find all the posts on the Crochetville blog.

Part of the fun of a train trip is chatting with your fellow passengers. In the Observation Car, you'll be able to talk about your favorite finds each day and share photos of the projects you're currently working on. All that shopping, talking, and crocheting will keep us hungry, so our Dining Car will feature a daily cocktail hour and special dinner. The drinks and food will sadly have to be virtual, through the sharing of recipe links, as we haven't quite figure out how to send the real stuff through the internet yet.

Chat here on Crochetville: The Crochet Express

Chat in our Facebook group: National Crochet Month

Wherever you prefer to chat, Donna and I hope you will join us to celebrate National Crochet Month. As far as we know, this is the biggest organized event anywhere!

Crochet_Express_General_Ticket_2a_FB.png

Click the ticket to see it full size for easier reading.

Finished another one of Red Heart's Free Patterns for the 18" Dolls

Summertime Frills

I have to wonder why they make the elastic waistband such a trial.  I like my simple-- make an elastic waistband and cover it with sc.  well, your set is adorable and that is what really counts.

Oh Darski, that dress is beautiful. Lovely is the perfect name for it. I am absolutely in awe.

I have been a bit out of sorts this week. I lost a foster kitten Monday night to a disease called FIP. It is the worst thing that can happen to a kitten because it is 100% fatal. It's like a common cold virus that mutates in some kittens (nobody knows why). So that was not a great start to my week. Then my job was a nightmare all week, and on Wednesday I woke with one of those insane migraines that make me sick to my stomach. So I am just glad to be here and off for the weekend! My little boy kitten went to a store for adoption today and now I just have one left. A sweet little girl that likes to try to take over the keyboard...! She is stuck to me like glue because she is lonely.

I do have a hat to show you but I don't have a picture yet. Hopefully I will post it tomorrow.

Well, this week is just going to be awful from start to finish. The worst thing so far didn't happen to me, but to my very good friend. Her brother had a stroke today and after a surgery to try to save his life, he is brain dead. They are now in the horrible position about having to end life support. My heart is broken for her. These things make me wonder who passed away and donated their organs and tissues so that I could have a new bone in my ankle. It make you reflect a lot and makes things like a bad day at work seem small.

So....deep breath...here is the hat I finished last week. It's made with 3 strands of yarn. The light color is a Red Heart that is sort of ecru and has small flecks of other colors. It blends very well with the other two yarns when you see it in real life!

post-13802-0-28911900-1457246966_thumb.jpeg

I also just now finished a scarf to match a hat I made awhile back. But I need to weave in the ends before I get a picture.

Well, this week is just going to be awful from start to finish. The worst thing so far didn't happen to me, but to my very good friend. Her brother had a stroke today and after a surgery to try to save his life, he is brain dead. They are now in the horrible position about having to end life support. My heart is broken for her. These things make me wonder who passed away and donated their organs and tissues so that I could have a new bone in my ankle. It make you reflect a lot and makes things like a bad day at work seem small.

So....deep breath...here is the hat I finished last week. It's made with 3 strands of yarn. The light color is a Red Heart that is sort of ecru and has small flecks of other colors. It blends very well with the other two yarns when you see it in real life!

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I also just now finished a scarf to match a hat I made awhile back. But I need to weave in the ends before I get a picture.

Lots of prayers that this week will be a much better one. 

Archived