Boxing Day 2016 CAL (any charity items!)

babypoohsmom

So, I had no luck with the foundation double crochet. I must have watched 5 different videos. My stitches got smaller and smaller with each "stitch". So I gave up and tried the chain again. My first row of DC didn't look very stable so I did a second row. I like the way it turned out. I am going to wash it tomorrow and see how it shapes up....

post-13802-0-20014200-1455426173_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can finally say I have a charity item completed

I started back with the bird-nests that I have done before for Wildlife response team that works out of Va Beach

Humane Society

I had forgotten what a work out it is to the hand,with 3 strands and a H hook,but those nests are definitely tight as they request

Here is a hat that popped out of the laundry this weekend. I forgot all about it. I made it when I was frustrated with the foundation DC and needed a break. I tried to do a little fair isle on the Addi. I didn't pick a good contrast in yarn colors, but I think you can see it.

post-13802-0-69318400-1455681463_thumb.jpeg

I can finally say I have a charity item completed

I started back with the bird-nests that I have done before for Wildlife response team that works out of Va Beach

Humane Society

I had forgotten what a work out it is to the hand,with 3 strands and a H hook,but those nests are definitely tight as they request

3 Strands!!!!  I always complain when I have to do 2.  Congrats on getting back into your projects again. 

Hi Linda,

I didn't see that you dropped back in. Sometimes my iPad does not updates posts for me. Anyway, I hope your wrist is doing better. What back luck that was.

And Bailey, my hat is actually purple with grey fair isle, sigh, so much for colors!!

Hi Linda,

I didn't see that you dropped back in. Sometimes my iPad does not updates posts for me. Anyway, I hope your wrist is doing better. What back luck that was.

And Bailey, my hat is actually purple with grey fair isle, sigh, so much for colors!!

It could also be my computer screen.  I keep pushing DH to upgrade his laptop so I can have his old one.  He does far more media and other stuff than I do so his current one would be great for my tasks.  My old one is trying hard, but it is starting to run out of the Little Engine that could's I think I can energy.  It is more like I thought did it already.

I absolutely loved this folded flower motif so I turned it into a square and made another flower ghan.

post-4896-0-87535700-1455810843_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-16646100-1455810846_thumb.jpg

It is always a challenge to use up bits of yarn to make multiple colours of flowers instead of just using one.  I would almost be tempted to make one with either just yellow flowers or just white flowers.  those two are my fave squares but the overall effect is pleasing.

Today's project is another effort in repurposing those projects that just don't come out right and giving them a new task in life.

15 Inch Baby Doll Nightgown

excellent use of your crochet time.  The uniform was very finicky.  That comes from my years wearing that style of uniform and the rigid rules in place at the time. (I was an RNA not an RN) 

I have been wondering if my patterns for the 15" princesses might work for your 15" baby...  different body types but some stuff might work.

What is an RNA?  I'm not familiar with the term.

it is a Registered Nursing Assistant.  This position existed before they started on the Licensed Practical Nurse which is the new version of Nurse without the nursing degree. 

RN's are too expensive so they came up with a half way measure.  

My sister was an LPN before going back later in life to get her RN.  She finished most of her RN training before getting into a dispute with one of her instructors and dropping out.  One of her other instructors helped her get her paperwork together and pass what ever exams were required to get the LPN license.  In order to keep working in the field she was in, she had to go back and get her RN several years ago as her LPN no longer was considered enough qualifications for the works he was doing.

That is a very clever flower Darski, thanks for sharing. I don't know how you just "make it into a square" but I love the end product.

I watched the video and it was demonstrated really well.

I always wondered about the LPN and RNA...how they ranked. When my mom was in the hospital a lot, I even saw people who were just "nursing assistants", no "registered" in the title. They basically were the maids to the nurses. They did a lot of cleaning and just asking questions about pain level and stuff like that. They weren't allowed to change a bandaid or anything. But I guess they saved the other staff a lot of time and kept their eyes out for trouble.

Hi Linda,

Its hard to believe its been two yrs since I broke it,the only problem is with weather changes,it aches a bit

I'm up to  3 nest now,I think I'll just mail them to Va. Beach when I'm done,there just hasn't been time for a trip out that way

mil is still hanging in there,she is now 95 and just living in the moment.

Wow, our nesters have been busy. Anyone have pictures yet?

Linda, I make a 3 strand hat last night (or was that early this morning, my sleep problems are getting worse) anyway, I was using an L hook and could not imagine using an H like you. I wanted to make a matching scarf, but there was not enough of the variegated yarn left.

post-13802-0-96552400-1456088707_thumb.jpeg

I also did two hats on the Addi. I made two hats for Christmas gifts out of the camo yarn for friends of mine who hunt (although they mostly camp- I think they like camping and use the false pretense of hunting to get away with it) anyway, I had a bit left over so I made this hat. It does not have a folded brim, and on the inside, I had to finish it with some black because I didn't have quite enough.

post-13802-0-08412400-1456088680_thumb.jpeg

Finally, I have this one. I thought it was a largish ball of that forest camo but as I made the hat, I found that the ecru was attached. I have no idea what I started. I should have taken it off and used the camo in rows alternating with the ecru, but my mind was obviously not that sharp.

post-13802-0-17310200-1456088694_thumb.jpeg

I found this information on the net on why photos get re-oriented and how to stop it:  http://www.ehow.com/how_8376973_stop-pics-turning-sideways.html

the hat looks lovely.

Thanks. I have tried that and the picture still turns. I used to be able to fix it by just rotating the picture 360 degrees but that function appears to be gone.

So many wonderful projects here. Love the flowerghan in particular, but the doll clothes and hats are lovely as well.

I've finished two more projects. (Warning: sideways pictures ahead....)

Baby booties (knitted) and a baby dress.(crocheted)

post-6189-0-80082000-1456166001_thumb.jpeg

post-6189-0-74441200-1456166015_thumb.jpeg

Archived