Boxing Day 2016 CAL (any charity items!)

babypoohsmom

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love your doll work.

did you intend for both of the links above to go to the same pic/post? :think

I have started packing the boxes to send them off to you.  When do you like to receive them; I'm guessing you don' want to have to store them for too long.

I love your doll work.

did you intend for both of the links above to go to the same pic/post? :think

I have started packing the boxes to send them off to you.  When do you like to receive them; I'm guessing you don' want to have to store them for too long.

Thanks for the heads up.  I think I fixed it this time. 

I am so excited to see what you made.  Your outfits are always so amazing!!! 

What ever works for you is fine by me.  The donation date always creeps up one me so having them early isn't an issue.  Some years they want the stuff before Thanksgiving sometimes after.  I don't have an issue storing the stuff.  It gives me a chance to give the teacher a heads up about how much stuff is coming in the fall.  Last year she put 18 inch dolls on the donation list to get more dolls to go with all the outfits we made.  So if I can tell her how much we have coming in the fall, she has time to get some doll donations in by the deadline.

You guys have been busy while I have been away from the Ville. I love the outfits. I think the Sisters one was my favorite new one. And Bailey, I haven't heard of the Frog Princess since I took German.

My foster kittens are big now and run around the house so it's hard to crochet now because they are kittens and well, crocheting is yarn, so I can't be mad at them right??

This is a hat I had done before the kittens got big enough to be out in the house. I played a little yarn chicken and had to make the brim a different color.

post-13802-0-39432100-1471135662_thumb.jpeg

I have been enjoying the Olympics because I am a fan of women's gymnastics. It's amazing how in my lifetime, the Americans have gone from the "just glad to be here" girls to crushing the other teams. Russia and China were shockingly weak this year and Romania didn't even qualify to compete. That's crazy. I miss gymnastics a lot when I watch now. I could still go to class with my bad foot but now that my spine is fused, it's history. I wish I had known when I was doing my last tumbling pass so I could have really enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

for September I plan to make a bunch of stuff in light blue to be donated to men.  I tried to start an awareness CAL but it is a no-starter so I have asked Amy to delete it.

I would like to encourage all of you to donate something in honour of Prostate Cancer awareness. :ghug

Oh Darski, I didn't see your CAL starter. Well, we can absolutely incorporate it here. I will do some hats for sure. I'll need to dig around for light blue. I remember last year thinking that I would make a dark blue hat with one light blue row to symbolize the tiny bit of your life it takes to get the prostate screening.

What ideas are you thinking of??

And yes, it will be September this week. I am so glad. I am entirely "over" the hot weather here in Phoenix. My thoughts drift to days below 90 and football!!

I have finally finished the crocheting for my "Remember When" wedding series.  this came about because I was watching all the episodes of "Say yes to the Dress" on You Tube.  I got to remembering the tiers and tiers of lace that I always thought of as a 'wedding gown' during my childhood.  Remember when the bridesmaids wore tulle and lace with a bolero. :manyheart.

still have to finish the typing and the pics but I do like this one.

post-4896-0-93711600-1472583618_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-31306100-1472583620_thumb.jpg

this was time consuming and fussy but so sweet when done.

So, here is my first hat of September for prostate cancer. Notice a problem? How about the fact that there was supposed to be a row of light blue. The whole point was to incorporate light blue. I just kept going and was so pleased when I was done. Oh well, it will still get donated. It doesn't look like a Pom Pom would be a good idea. If I thought it would work, I would put just a bit of light blue in the Pom. Hmmmm....

post-13802-0-81817600-1473131228_thumb.jpeg

So, here is my first hat of September for prostate cancer. Notice a problem? How about the fact that there was supposed to be a row of light blue. The whole point was to incorporate light blue. I just kept going and was so pleased when I was done. Oh well, it will still get donated. It doesn't look like a Pom Pom would be a good idea. If I thought it would work, I would put just a bit of light blue in the Pom. Hmmmm....

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

nice hat and the intention is good.

I've decided to make scarves as a tip of the hat to the awareness ribbons.  My hands have decided to take a few personal days but I have started one at least.

Aw, sorry to hear that your hands need a vacation. Happens to the best of us. Rent a good movie and relax!

This is another hat that I already had started so I finished it up. Found another dark blue one almost done, but maybe I can get the light blue row in the brim. This one is a blue/green with a bit of a shade change. It's a smaller size. I will figure out what to do with the kids hats when it gets cooler here. I just saw the two week forecast and we will still be hitting 100+ for the next fortnight, but at least we are done with 110+ for the year.

post-13802-0-72181000-1473223815_thumb.jpeg

Linda, we did get a lot of rain during the night and it was cloudy during the day, but I didn't hear of any flooding.

A few weeks ago we had a storm that dropped so much rain so quickly that the freeway underpasses flooded. Two of Phoenix' major highways were closed for hours. My friend was stuck in a park and ride bus on the closed highway for hours. That was crazy.

Flash flooding is not new here. We often get summer monsoons that drop rain very rapidly and streets flood all of the time. We even have a "stupid motorist" law here. If you see that a road is flooded and drive into the water anyway and you have to be rescued, you have to reimburse the city the cost of the rescue. Do you know how much it costs to drop a rescue team down in a helicopter to pick a person up who is standing on the top of their car because they drove into rushing water? No, I don't either but every time I see one on TV I think about how much they will pay for thinking they can get through!!

It's nice to have the rain to fill up the lakes but it seems that nobody is getting it at a steady pace! Having the highways closed is nothing to what's been going on in other parts of the country. But thanks for keeping me in your thoughts. I try to be smart and not drive when it's bad here because our streets just don't handle water that well and people here really don't know how to drive in the rain.

No more rain here. Just too much heat for this time of year.

Here is a purple (bad color in photo) addi hat. I'd like to add a pom but the yarn is very thin and I have a hard time getting the tie tight enough when yarn is thin. It's mill ends yarn that is thin and soft like Caron simply soft.

post-13802-0-53310000-1473567376_thumb.jpeg

I want to get caught up on posting my pics from the last while.  I'm giving these away on Wed so this is my last chance to get this up :rofl

post-4896-0-05495700-1473696539_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-72768700-1473696540_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-72652300-1473696542_thumb.jpg

post-4896-0-38067500-1473696544_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-90562700-1473696545_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-59075800-1473696547_thumb.jpg

The Rose one is an odd shape but it will keeps some shoulders warm :)

there is a whole variety of patterns here but I'm not sure I can name them all.

I'm terrible at getting the pictures taken and posted too, Darski.  I made the bathing set at the height of the summer heat.  It seemed appropriate.  However, it wasn't until after Labor Day I actually got pics taken and posted.  They are going to love those they are beautiful.  I especially like the red one.

American Girl Day at the Beach

I'm terrible at getting the pictures taken and posted too, Darski.  I made the bathing set at the height of the summer heat.  It seemed appropriate.  However, it wasn't until after Labor Day I actually got pics taken and posted.  They are going to love those they are beautiful.  I especially like the red one.

American Girl Day at the Beach

that is an adorable set.  :manyheart

Archived