Boxing Day 2016 CAL (any charity items!)

babypoohsmom

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hit a lull with my crocheting, but at least I'm finally getting caught up with posting

Little Spring Dress for 12" Baby Doll

I think the problem  you are having with your pattern is because it was designed for a hard body vinyl  doll.  they tend to be slighter that the cloth bodies.  It is a sweet pattern though.

So is there some kind of quantum mathematics that throws off these C2C afghans when you are afraid to use the entire first skein before you start the second and start reducing? I started to reduce two rows before I would have had to switch skeins and yet I have almost half of the second skein remaining. It seems odd that there would be so much yarn left. Hmmm.

I noticed that the starting corner is pointy but the other 3 are nice and square. I am going to check you tube for a border since I have so much yarn left.

post-13802-0-99483500-1463792562_thumb.jpeg

Yay Linda, one more person will have a lovely hand made scarf!! At least you are sticking to it. I know you have had a lot going on so why not celebrate every item!

I have made a few hats in the past week. I have one good day, usually followed by a bad day. I didn't get out of bed until 2pm, yes that is PM, today. I wish my energy level would even out. I don't know how I could go back to work feeling like this.

Here is one more hat I have made. It was Red Heart and it washed up so soft. Have you ever noticed that the variegated yarns wash up softer than the solids or am I imagining that?

post-13802-0-87865800-1464757880_thumb.jpeg

One of the board members of my animal shelter gave me this shirt last week. I called her to tell her I had cat mats and toys to drop off and she surprised me with this!

post-13802-0-18669900-1464757894_thumb.jpeg

Here is one more hat I have made. It was Red Heart and it washed up so soft. Have you ever noticed that the variegated yarns wash up softer than the solids or am I imagining that?

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

One of the board members of my animal shelter gave me this shirt last week. I called her to tell her I had cat mats and toys to drop off and she surprised me with this!

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I have noticed that about the varies.  They tend to start out as thinner yarns too.

most interesting t-shirt.

Ok, glad I'm not the only one who thinks variegated yarns are softer. The Caron Pounders in solid colors won't go through my Addi machines, but the variegated ones go through just fine.

Well anyway here is another hat. Red Heart and very soft. I really need to do some counting and update my signature numbers.

post-13802-0-29271400-1465018304_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Need an honest opinion....

I made this hat from some very soft mill end yarn. I did not notice the giant pool of red until I was on the 4th row of the pooling (I was watching a podcast). I cannot pull it out because it's the kind of yarn that grabs itself and makes a big knot. Would you donate this hat??

post-13802-0-04550000-1465849117_thumb.jpegpost-13802-0-68838300-1465849129_thumb.jpeg

GMTA, I thought of slapping an iron on Cardinal on that spot but it's right next to the join. I think I will put it in the box and decide later. We're in the 100+ degree days now until the end of August or start of September, so I guess I don't need to decide now.

Hi Linda, are you doing ok with your wrist? Is it just life getting in the way of crocheting?

I actually tried and tried to make round beds but I had such a hard time with all of the layers that come together at the bottom. And sewing all of that on a curve was just impossible for me. I actually came up with this pattern in a dream. I woke up and scrambled to write it down before I forgot. It's amazing what your brain can do when you just let it go. It actually fits in kennels and carriers better than a round bed, so it has been wonderful for shelter use.

There are a lot of steps. Stuff, sew, stuff, sew, but it does go very quickly and all of the sewing lines are straight.

And best of all, I can use remnants so I get them when the fleece is on sale and the remnants are marked 50% off of the sale price. Also, remnants keep the sewing interesting. Last year I got a deal on some green fleece with frogs that was sooooo cute. I was sick to death of it about halfway through, so variety from remnants is nice.

I hope you find a little time for what you love to do soon.

Wow, two years Linda? I never would have guessed it's been that long ago.

I made two hats out of each of these skeins of yarn that were from Goodwill. I thought I'd show you how close I cut it. Actually, the tan and blue colorway ran out and I needed a few sc rows so I used some ecru I had. (And learned how many colors of ecru I have!)

post-13802-0-02013900-1467761468_thumb.jpeg

I had to smile at the line,how many colors of ecru I had.

I had a lot of that color one time and started to do a blanket with a variegated center and then two rows of ecru,it wasn't till I put it together and four different shades were really obvious

I know, right? It was crazy how much they varied. I've also noticed that with black. You wouldn't think there would be a lot of shades of black, but I assure you!!

• 4 weeks later...

The summer heat must have everyone too hot to stitch. I do have a few hats done that I need to photograph this weekend.

I suspect that with the Olympics starting next week, there will be more sitting on the couch and more crocheting! Yay!

Archived