Boxing Day 2016 CAL (any charity items!)

babypoohsmom

Darski, I love the Rose shawl. The odd shape makes it very unique. You have been busy as usual. I hope this means that your hands are back with the program.

Bailey the summer outfit is so cute. Right down to the beach ball.

I went to a Joanns not near my house today. Caron pounders have a few new colors out. "My" store doesn't have them but the other store had two of them. They are variagate and work up nicely in the Addi so I am excited to try them. Just need to sneak them in the house while the husband is in the shower!! After I sneak them in, I will post pictures.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to chuckle,but I do the same thing,if he asks I say oh I've had that awhile,

I have picked hook and yarn this morning,after a longggggggggg break,I'm back to making scarves,might make them various lengths and donate them to the Up center or social services

That's adorable. I was thinking of being Rey for Halloween. I have not dressed up in years!

So now you know how tempting yarn is to animals. I get bits and pieces done. But this was done a few weeks ago, again on the addi. Dark colors for the veterans shelter.j

Foster baby Aberdeen (aka Abby, or Abby Road, or Downton Abby) in the picture.

post-13802-0-21956000-1473910962_thumb.jpeg

Glad to hear you are back in the game Linda!

This was a free Red Heart pattern I started and then adapted when I realized it didn't quite come together as written.

American Girl Granny Square Dress

thank you for the link. :heart  Love what you did. :manyheart  it looks so sweet.

I sent the link to my Yahoo group and also included the link to your blog so they could see what you had to say.  I appreciate your comments on how a pattern behaves.

I find it interesting that Red Heart is using a "My Life" doll :eek

I just wanted to share this pic to show what My Life dolls are doing now - I check their display every time I go to Walmart.

post-4896-0-82002100-1474047607_thumb.jpg

I think they are following Mme. Alexander's lead by giving their 18" dolls an 18cm doll of thier own:

post-4896-0-58425900-1474047609_thumb.jpg

I haven't been able to do  much typing lately so I still don't have that last pattern written up and posted... :sigh

Wow, dolls have their own dolls now? That's cute. Those tiny crochet dresses make me twitch. I don't know how you ladies can work with pieces that small. Bravo!

Last week I mentioned that I got two new colors of the Caron Jumbo skeins. Here they are:

post-13802-0-27215800-1474174921_thumb.jpeg

Neither of them are good for the men's shelter, but they were new so I had to have them!

those are both nice skeins,haven't seen any like that in these parts,but then again,since I'm just getting back to using what I have,I haven't been on the lookout for any new ones,but varigated always jumps in my basket,and finds itself a new home

Well,I obviously can't be trusted to operate a crochet hook while watching football. The blue hat was supposed to have one light blue row for prostate cancer awareness, and yet....I blew it again.

I made the veriagated hats while waiting for doctor appointments. I usually keep a tote bag in my car just in case I get stuck somewhere and I always make sure it's in there when heading to the doctor. The veriagated blue hat got a pom pom because I had a funky stitch right at the crown of the hat.

We are finally having days below 100 now and they say we should have a few below 90 this week, so that will be nice.

post-13802-0-33752600-1475467311_thumb.jpegpost-13802-0-40331700-1475467322_thumb.jpeg

post-13802-0-23332800-1475467335_thumb.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I've been busy making cat face pillows to decorate the kennels at the adopqtion centers. They are meant to go home with the cats when they get adopted so their scent goes to their new home. Also I've made about 20 of the crochet toys. I will get a picture of them tomorrow. Everything has to be washed first!

post-13802-0-68103100-1476944109_thumb.jpeg

Hi Linda, no I don't put bells inside. I actually don't know how to do that. But since these toys end up in kennels at the Petsmart stores, I would worry that they would come loose and nobody would notice.

If I knew how to do that I might make some for my cats. Do you know how to add a bell? Hmm, maybe a you tube question!!!

Darski's doll clothes arrived yesterday and today.  I am so amazed as always at her creativity and generosity.  For those of you who don't know I donate dolls and crochet doll clothes to a local tech high school's toy drive every year.  Darski and Tampa Doll have both been great about donating and the high school kids always get excited about their charity reaching beyond local borders.

Darski thank you as always.  Your items are always so beautiful.

post-44922-0-57599400-1477417546_thumb.jpgpost-44922-0-58899500-1477417566_thumb.jpgpost-44922-0-25630000-1477418806_thumb.jpg

oh my,

that baby blanket and the outfit to match are really neat,those kids are going to be thrilled with those holiday gifts

sorry I haven't on this thread much,this passed week has been the week from heck,appts.everyday,two I was a ride along,I'll be really happy about noon tomorrow,very tired  but happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there folks.

I have not been able to crochet since September.  My hands just don't do it even though they are not hurting or anything..  I thought perhaps my potassium levels were off as I had that problem before but those numbers are fine.

I'll just keep it in prayer and would appreciate prayers from all.

:ghug

Archived