2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I've gotten more medals in the last few months than in the whole year. Since the last time I've been here I've made more pocket prayer shawls. I also designed a larger pocket shawl sq. and will sew them together for a regular shawl. I used up 5 balls (+5) :yay . I bought 2 Caron pounders for the shawl (-4) :( . I'm at my parents for Thanks Giving and my dad wants his computer, so i have to go.

:pilgrimHAPPY THANKS GIVING :tdance.

WTD: + 1  YTD: + 87

Ellie 13

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

I also have a quick question...I did the scores last week and there was no shoot the moon winner, so who does the scores this week? Is it me again? I can do it no problem, I just need to know if it's me or not lol

i work over 40 hours in the next four days. so i'm posting really really early.

2 bulky skeins +4

6 more balls +6

rolled 4 skeins into balls +4

WTD +14

forgot that it's the last week of the month 

YTD -181

OK Mona! I just wanted to be sure lol

I'm happy that I'm remembering to post BEFORE I'm already in bed for the night  :lol

This past week I made two more mermaid tail blankets (that's # 5 & 6 for those keeping track) and I made a scarf to give as a gift at the Christmas gift exchange for the military spouses group I'm in at my church. I also returned 11 skeins of the yarn I'd bought a couple weeks ago for these tails that were untouched and extra, and bought 14 new skeins for a couple of baby blanket graph-gans I'll be working on as soon as I get one more mermaid tail done. That last tail is the last Christmas gift I have to make and I'm just dragging my feet! I am just so OVER the shell stitch right now, after doing all these tails back to back!! :reyes  I used up 10 skeins (+20) and 7 balls (+7), returned 11 skeins (+22) and bought 14 new skeins (-28).

WTD : +21

YTD: +36

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving! I personally enjoyed all the friends and family, but there was a part of me that was going through crochet withdrawal because I didn't touch my hooks and yarn at all on Weds or Thurs!  Two days without crochet! :cry I don't ever do Black Friday shopping, and this year there are really only 4 or 5 store bought gifts we're giving (and 3 are coming from etsy!  :lol ) but what I do is I go online Thanksgiving night and knock out whatever gift buying we need to handle. So, everything is ordered, two things are already on their way to me. The last thing is to handle the grandparent's gifts which we'll be doing tomorrow after church...going to a local paint your own pottery place and making a plate for each grandparent with all 4 kids' hand prints on it. Then I'm all done except stocking stuffers and wrapping everything! I just have to make myself get this final mermaid tail done so I can go do all the other projects I really want to do lol! 

WTD scores for the week ending 11/26/16:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +21

Silver Medal Winner: MalisaMeesa +14

Bronze Medal Winner: jessicali +5

pineknott +2

greyhoundgrandma +2

Addicted2patterns +2

Ellie 13 +1

PBLKNP 0

yarnscrapper 0

Again no Shoot the Moon Winner for the week--great job, everyone!

YTD scores for November:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +137

Silver Medal Winner: yarnscrapper +90

Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +87

Inkked0317 +36

jessicali +19

Addicted2patterns +11

PBLKNP -100

greyhoundgrandma -119

November's Shoot the Moon Winner: MalisaMeesa -181

Sorry, I was a bit too busy, so will come back this week :)

For now: -1, wound one skein, finished another, and just received my granted wish from Instagram. Gorgeous yarn! Will receive more tomorrow, as I have been translating for a Dutch designer in exchange of yarn for her designs.

Lol, that actually makes +1...

worked on my scrappy Ugly blanket and used up four more balls. +4 

started a baby blanket with some bulky 3 skeins used +6
and then added a skein to a red blanket i absolutely LOATHE working on +2

WTD +12

Hi all!! I struggled so much this week with making myself get this final mermaid tail blanket done. I just couldn't get myself to work on it. I found several other projects that I needed to get done for this next week, so at least my crochet time wasn't wasted lol. I made a scarf and a cowl for my daughter and I to give for a gift exchange at our church's Ladies' Tea this upcoming Friday. I also made a super long (88 inches around) cowl and hat set as a gift for my MIL.  And I made mermaid tail #7. I am so thankful to be done with that! These tails are so pretty and I know the girls will all enjoy them, but I think making 7 of them in less than a month just made me sick of the pattern.

All told, I used up 7 skeins (+14) and 4 balls (+4). And despite Michael's best efforts emailing me about yarn sales with coupons all week long, I did not do ANY shopping for yarn this week!!!

WTD : +18

YTD: +54

I have all my gifts done for Christmas, but I am planning on making stuff for my daughters' stockings. The plan is 2 beanies for my 16 yr old, a beanie & scarf set for my 12 yr old, 2 beanies for my nearly 3 yr old, and 2 beanies for my 9 month old. I think the only one that's going to really take some time is for the oldest. She's a HUGE Black Veil Brides fan and I'm going to make a pattern for a beanie with their logo. I've already got it on a graph, I just have to do the written pattern (I find those easier to work off of) and make it when the oldest 2 aren't around. Everything else should be simple...and none of them will be shell stitch! I definitely need a break from shells for a bit lol.

Scores for the week ending 12/3/16:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +18

Silver Medal Winner: MalisaMeesa +12

Three way tie for Bronze: +4 PBLKNP, greyhoundgrandma, yarnscrapper

pineknott 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: ShanaEirin -14

Archived