2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had plus 3 and was missed

You missed mine, too! +2 (I posted last night).

Ooops! You missed my +4. It doesn't affect the standings, though. :)

ladies i'm so sorry for what ever reason my brain said do Medals, 0's and shoot the moon not everyone like usual.  i've edited it now though :)

Thanks for posting the scores, MalisaMeesa!

It's hard to believe there are only two more weeks in this year. I was hoping to at least get below -100, but it doesn't look like that will happen. Oh well, at least I get to start all over fresh next year.

Hello all and Merry Christmas!!!

This week I basically had to extend the length of 9 of the 10 ponytail hats I'd made because they were only touching the tops of people's ears, so that was my Monday. I also worked on and finished my final Christmas gift, a Bavarian stitch throw blanket for my neighbor who lost her husband on Halloween. We invited her to join us for our holiday meal today. I used a total of 9 balls (+9) and 4 skeins (+8) this week.

WTD: +17

YTD: +111

I gave my first batch of crochet gifts today and I'll admit I was nervous about the reactions I was going to get as no one in this side of the family is crafty so I didn't know how handmade stuff would go over...everyone was thrilled! I gave two of my kitchen/food playsets, one to my twin nephews and one for my SIL's fiance's daughter. The twins LOVED it (the fiance wasn't able to come so he didn't see the set for his daughter yet) and the twin's parents and grandparents were really impressed by the creativity and craftsmanship in the pieces.  The 3 mermaid tail blankets had great reactions too...one niece (the twin's big sis) took her blanket with her everywhere for the rest of the day and immediately tucked herself in every time she sat down somewhere. My other niece has apparently been asking for a mermaid tail blanket for the past 2 months so she was really excited. My third niece wasn't as excited ("this is interesting" was her reaction lol) but I think 2 out of 3 ain't bad so I'll take it!

Tomorrow my oldest two daughters will get their tails and daughter #3 will get her kitchen play set, and then tomorrow night, the final tail and play set will be given to my little cousins!  I love making gifts for people, and I love seeing their enjoyment at my work, but I am so glad Christmas is done for the year!  I had time to crochet today and actually chose to draw up designs instead!  Looking forward to some projects that don't have such a strict deadline!

I hope everyone enjoys their Christmas and is able to spend time with their special people!  I'm off to wrap stocking stuffers for my girls and get all the presents under the tree before I crash for the night!

Thanks for posting the scores, yarnscrapper!

Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend!

Next week is the last week of the year, so I'll be posting wtd and the final ytd scores next weekend. I'll try to get a new thread started for 2017 tomorrow.

Quick question...I got a gift card that I've already used to order yarn, another gift card to Michael's and I'll most likely get a second for Michael's in a little bit when I see my grandma :manyheart ...can I count the yarn this week, when I ordered it, or do I have to count it when I receive it?  Is it strange that I'd rather count it in the last week of the year than chance starting the new year with a negative?  :lol

OK update on my previous post...I received the 1 skein as a gift...and then between the 3 gift cards I've ordered another 70 skeins :clap that will all arrive by the end of the first week of January....I may be strange but I'd rather end the year in the negative than start in the negative so can I count it now? :yes  :lol

You are free to interpret when you "own" the yarn. That last week is a good stock up time before starting fresh. LOL

I have yarn coming in this week so I'll be back up over -100. I got two gift cards for Christmas so I'll definitely have some negatives in the new year, but it may be a while before I can get to Joann or Hobby Lobby.

Yay!!!  :yay  Thanks for the feedback Mona!! I'll count it this week then!  Nothing like starting the week with a big -142 points!! :D Guess I need to do a lot of hooking this week to get as close to a zero YTD as possible lol.

Wow I feel so much better about my orders! BTW I got the confirmation emails and recounted and I only ordered 63, not 70! Adding in the 1 I got as a gift, I'm at 64 skeins today...

post-77577-0-02510400-1482957712_thumb.jpgpost-77577-0-52985000-1482957713_thumb.jpgpost-77577-0-00180100-1482957715_thumb.jpg

So I'm really not sure how to count this....found these sets at Sam's Club today. At least a dozen patterns per set, and the materials to make 2 characters per set. I'm attaching pictures with the included 3.25 hook as size reference...would I count these as balls? 6 balls per set?

Counting them as balls is fine. The important thing is to count them the same way going in and out. If you call it a skein, it's -2 coming in and +2 going out. If you call it as a ball, it's -1 coming in and +1 going out.

Archived