2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This week we were staying with my in-laws as my town was flooded by Hurricane Matthew.  I live in Vanceboro, NC and the waters are still rising here.  We were very very lucky that we had family members we could stay with, and we left our home last Sunday, before the waters started rising.  We just got home today.  So many people here are either stuck in their homes, surrounded by water, or unable to get back to their homes because of the water. It's heartbreaking.  Some people were able to leave, but they'll be coming back to houses that were flooded and will have lost so many personal items.  There have also been reports in the area of people breaking in to homes of people who have evacuated and stealing their stuff!  We live in an area that was surrounded by flooded roads, but things still remained dry here on our street, so the only loss we had to deal with was the contents of our fridge & freezer (power was off for a couple days while we were gone and I don't trust anything to still be good).  Truly, through this whole thing, we have been blessed!

Because we knew the roads would flood, and we had time to pack before we left, I actually brought my yarn and my current projects with us.  This hurricane had been compared to Floyd from 1999 and I know it took 3 weeks for the waters to go back down then.  I was not about to have to go 3 weeks without crocheting!!! :lol So, this week I managed to use 2 skeins on my double-strand blanket (+4) and 2 skeins and a ball on my Batman logo blankets (+5)! I haven't finished anything but I did get some progress in!

WTD: +9

YTD: -31

Winners of the week 9-16 October:

Gold medal winner: Inkked0317 -- +9

Silver medal winner: howieann -- +2

Holding steady:

Pineknott

ShanaEirin

PBLKNP

Shoot the moon winner: greyhoundgrandma at -6!!!

I am early for the people in the USA, as I live in Europe, so I will adjust any scores where necessary!

So as a sort of last minute decision I went to the knitting days in Zwolle, and had such a wonderful time. There were free lectures, paid workshops, a swapping station, knitting doctors, yarn tastings, and tons and tons of yarn. It was so amazing, I had great talks with knitters, and was able to participate in a lecture and a yarn tasting. (Sorry, not counting the mini balls of yarn i got there)

All in all, I bought 6 skeins and traded 2, so -12. Oooooh such wonderful, glorious yarn!

WTD: -12 YTD: +62

I haven't been here since Oct. 5th. I've had trouble getting here because my computer keeps saying I'm not connected to the internet. I use a friend's WIFI in the building. So I'm back to using the library. Any way, I made another ghost, a spider and some more pumpkin pins. I used 3 balls (+ 3) :cheer . My mom gave me 4 skeins (balls?) of something that looks like small flat shoelaces. It's wrapped on a cardboard tube like doily thread comes on (- 8) :(. It's white with pink, purple, blue, green "splattered" on it. Anybody know what I can do with this :think

WTD: - 5  YTD: + 70

Ellie 13

So frustrating!  I'm still making the pouches for our local New Age shop, so I'm still working through sock yarn...no skeins used up.  However, no skeins bought, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD -94

:bang   :bang   :bang

Score for the week ending 10/22/16:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +15

Silver Medal Winner: MalisaMeesa +10

Bronze Medal Winner: howieann +4

Holding steady at 0:

yarnscrapper

greyhoundgrandma

PBLKNP

New yarn friends:

Ellie 13 -5

Shoot the Moon Winner: ShanaEirin -12

I realized in the middle of church that I totally forgot to post my scores last night lol!  I'm just going to list it now and adjust my signature and get back on the scoreboard next week  :P

This week I made the second and third Batman logo blankets, as well as finished my double-strand throw blanket.  I used up 10 skeins and 3 balls.

WTD: +23

YTD: -8

I'M IN FOR SURE! That is as long as it is not TOO late to join? I can start this week at zero right? I have been already really trying to use up what I have already.

Its not too late,welcome to this CAL,how its done is on the 1st page

Archived