2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it was a shameful business...several of us went to the New England Fiber Festival today.  There was much peer pressure going on... :devil !  I ended up buying 2 skeins of sock yarn and 2 skeins of DK yarn to make some gloves.  So:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -8 YTD -102

:shrug  :sheepjump  :heehee 

WEEEEELLLLL I haven't been on here much but! I made up for it in progess! four hats finished. all four taking up larger of my scraps (two color striped!) so that took up 4 balls!!! so +4 

then I added more to my ugly blanket! a total of 3 balls there! so +7 (4+3)

then i added a whole skein to a dog sweater! +9 (7+2)

WTD +9!!!!!

I have been flattened by throwing my back out this week.  I'm working on a Bavarian Square pattern throw blanket using Sheepish yarn, and I'm at the point that I'm going through the skeins pretty quickly!  It's still a WIP, but I managed to use up 6 skeins and 2 balls!

WTD: +14

YTD: +8 (yay! Back in the positives!! :clap )

I'm hoping to get this blanket finished in the next week. My friend that's been helping me out while I'm hurting so badly has already expressed her admiration for this blanket and I'd love to give it to her for helping me!

Scores for the week ending 11/5/16:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +14

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +10

Bronze Medal Winner: MalisaMeesa +9

ShanaEirin +7

jessicali +5

Addicted2patterns +4

howieann +3

greyhoundgrandma -2

Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -8

OK I'm going to call it and say I'm pretty sure I'll get the Shoot the Moon award this week  :yes

I've been getting a lot of crochet done this week, so my numbers were looking fantastic....and then I saw the ad for Michael's that said ALL YARN was on sale...and then I realized that the stuff I'd planned on making for Christmas for the girls in my family (ages 5-16) I don't actually think they'll like...but they'd all LOVE to have their own Mermaid Tail blanket....and then I got another email from Michael's with a 20% off everything including sales items....and I went and got the supplies I needed to make 5 mermaid blankets...I have the yarn for 1 already...but I brought home 47 skeins today....47.  Yup.  So much for my YTD being in the positives again  :lol

On the upside, I got 47 skeins for $108 including tax!!! :yay

I'll post my final score on Saturday, I just had to share this with you all cause I know you'll get it...

I didn't post last week, but I only had + 2 so I'll add it to this week. I'm at my parents, so no  :crocheting tonight, just games with mom. When I got here mom asked if I wanted to go to Michael's. I was good I bought pin backs, beads and plastic rings, but no :yarn . In the last 2 weeks I made 20 turkey pins, 2 stuffed turkeys and 40 pocket prayer shawls. I used a 1/2 skein and 9 balls of odd colors (+ 12)  :yay . With Thanks Giving coming, the next 2 weeks will be crazy at the market. I don't know how much :crocheting time I'll get, but I'm sure to get a lot more hours (more $$ = more :yarn).

WTD:  + 12  YTD:  +  86

Ellie 13

This would have been an AMAZING score this week for me, if only I hadn't hit that Michael's sale!!!

OK this week I finished my very first Bavarian Square patterned blanket (which I am totally in love with the stitch and I can see myself making A LOT of these in the future), my first pair of dragon scale fingerless gloves, a second smaller Bavarian play blanket for my toddler, 2 mermaid tail blankets, and the start of a third. I hooked A LOT!  I used up a total of 25 skeins and 15 balls all together (+65)....but then there was that sale...47 skeins (-94)....

WTD : -29

YTD : -21

I've still got 4 & a half more mermaid tail blankets to make for Christmas gifts so I'll get back in the positives soon, I'm sure!

I was doing so well, slowly dwindling down the yarn. And then I opened up a box of books that my sister had sent home with us and realized that there are several skeins of yarn. I'll get right back on top... I have at least 3 skeins that are about finished, but it's a little sad.

WTD: -16 YTD: -76

Archived