2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been here since Thanks Giving. I've been making wreath pins and squares for a prayer shawl. I used up 2 small balls of green (+ 2) :cheer , but I sold all my pins and had to get more :yarn. I got 1 small skein (- 2) :sigh . I made 11 squares, but the pounder doesn't seem to be getting any smaller :shrug . I got my Christmas bonus Wed.  :yay (I'll try not to spend it on :yarn  :lol ). 

WTD: 0  YTD: + 87

Ellie 13

Hi all!!  This week I made 8 beanies for my girl's Christmas stockings (2 per kid). I also made 4 other beanies that were supposed to be for the baby but all were too small so I'll be giving them to a few of the mommas at church who have daughters smaller then my 10 month old for their girls lol. So that completes everything I needed to make for Christmas!!  I have decided to make a Bavarian stitch blanket for my neighbor (the one who just lose her husband) it's her first Christmas without her husband and I invited her to join our family for our Christmas Eve celebration. I want her to have something to open that will make her smile, but I don't honestly know enough about her personal interests to get her something. I'm stashbusting for this blanket though! I grabbed all the random skeins I have and a bunch of cream so I'm alternating color, cream, color, cream until I run out of yarn or time! No clue how big this thing is going to wind up being!

All together I used a total of 26 balls and 4 skeins!

WTD: +34

YTD: +88

Jessie, I would love to see your blanket when it's done. That's a pretty stitch. I'm working on a blanket now where every other row is the bpdc shell, in a yarn that changes colors.

I sympathize with the draw of yarn, MalisaMeesa and Holly. It's hard to pass up good deals. I have negatives in my future. I caught RH's flash sale when they still had some holiday yarn in stock.....10 skeins maybe next week.

Yarn scores for the week ending at 11/12:

Gold medal winner: Inkked0317 +34

Silver medal winner: ShanaEirin +10

Keeping constant:

yarnscrapper 0

Ellie 13 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

PBLKNP 0

Getting that stash enhanced:

howieann -17

Shoot the moon winner: MalisaMeesa -31

Here's what I've got so far on the Bavarian blanket I'm making for my neighbor. I've finished reds and I'm working on blues now. I still have pinks, purples & greens to go!

post-77577-0-12089700-1481482373_thumb.jpg

Wound 4 balls, finished 1, so

WTD: +5 YTD: +74

I don't know yet how I'm going to finish the year here, we are leaving for Uganda next Saturday, so obviously we won't have much internet there. Can I just post my year scores next Friday, assuming I won't get any higher scores?

Hi all!! I can't believe how fast this year has gone! I swear it feels like it should only by July to me...

So this week I made 10 messy bun/pony tail hats. I swore I was not going to jump on this bandwagon but a friend informed me she NEEDED one in her life and it kind of snowballed from there...on the upside, of those 10 I'm getting paid for 5 of them so that's a good thing. I also made 3 AKA colored scarves that a church friend ordered to give to family members as Christmas gifts. And I returned an extra skein of yarn that I wound up not needing to make those scarves...but I also bought yarn for these orders, as everyone wanted specific colors and I didn't have those colors in my stash....purchased a total of 9 skeins (-18) but used up 3 skeins (+6) and 18 balls (+18)

WTD: +6

YTD: +94

I finished a blanket last night, except for some end-weaving. I finished up a couple of skeins and I have several skeins that will get rolled into small balls this week, but that will probably the only score for this coming week.

WTD: +4 YTD: -89

SCORES!!!

GOLD MEDAL WINNER: MALISAMEESA +18

SILVER MEDAL WINNER: INKKED0317 +6

BRONZE MEDAL WINNER: SHANAEIRIN +5 

STILL WORKING THROUGH THE STASH!

HOWIEANN +4

PINEKNOTT +3

PBLKNP & GREYHOUNDGRANDMA +2

HOLDING STEADY: YARNSCRAPPER 0

NO SHOOT THE MOON WINNER THIS WEEK!!!!

Archived