2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I finally did something worthwhile and am able to be on the boards for now! 

+1 for rolling a small amount of black yarn into a small ball. 

+1 for rolling half a skein of orchid into a ball. (It was still skein worthy, but it was so floppy and pathetic looking, she looks better as a ball!) 

So +2 for the week! 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used up a skein on a tree skirt, but didn't have enough to finish it. I thought I had some red or green that would coordinate, but they're all different shades and I didn't even have any white. So I guess I'll end up cancelling out my positive, but for now.....+2.

soooo I'm making an ugly blanket... and i've used up 5 balls of scraps. buuuut I had two skeins of pretty yarn jump into my shopping cart at Walmart. so  so far this week i'm at +1 hopefully i can keep it positive this week

soooo I'm making an ugly blanket... and i've used up 5 balls of scraps. buuuut I had two skeins of pretty yarn jump into my shopping cart at Walmart. so  so far this week i'm at +1 hopefully i can keep it positive this week

What is an ugly blanket? Is there a pattern for this one? Or are you making it as you go?

What is an ugly blanket? Is there a pattern for this one? Or are you making it as you go?

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/MalisaAdams/from-the-middle-baby-blanket-4956

link to the pattern are here^^^  :)

post-51088-0-46742300-1477412335_thumb.jpg

post-51088-0-93318100-1477412373_thumb.jpg 

the poor thing is just scraps from other projects and they're mismatched so i call it my Ugly Blanket

So, My husband wanted me to go find some wool today. So, I went to Michael's thinking they might have some because I had NO idea where to find some at. He's not wanting woolen yarn either. I thought they might have something like fiberfill that was wool but they didn't. Anyways, needless to say, somehow 9 little balls of cotton jumped into my cart. So I guess I'm -16 now since I was previously at +2 (I'm assuming since they're full but still small they're worth 2 points). Time to get some yarn GONE this week so my score isn't so horrid.

I took all the balls of odd colors I had and started making pocket prayer shawls. I used 3 small balls and rolled down something that looked like a 1/4 skein (+ 4)  :cheer  I'm back on the + side. Now I have to start making turkey pins and stuffed turkeys. Might have to get more yellow and tan :yarn though. It's 1 PM and my tummy is starting to grumble. If it gets too loud, the library might kick me out :lol . I'm going to do lunch, then :crocheting and watch TV (or a DVD).

WTD:  + 4   YTD:  + 74 

Ellie 13

So this week I had to buy a new skein to make a repair, and then my local Michael's store got Caron Cakes back in stock and I bought 3 more skeins to make the throw blanket I'd made for Hubs bigger (-8). I also used 5 skeins on a Bulgarian Square blanket I've just started (+10). 

WTD : +2

YTD: -6

I am hoping that this upcoming week I'll be able to use up enough yarn to get my YTD score back in the positives! :D

I hope everyone has a wonderful & safe Halloween on Monday.  My oldest daughter will be turning 16 and I'm taking all 4 girls trick or treating with a couple other families we're close with.  Hubs will be at work, but I'm very hopeful that everything will go smoothly  ;)

Score for the week ending October 30, 2016

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +6

Silver Medal Winners: Ellie 13 & ShanaEirin +4

Bronze Medal Winners: greyhoundgrandma, Inkked0317 & jessicali +2

Holding steady: yarnscrapper 0

Shoot the moon Winner: SamT87 at -5!

YTD scores for the end of October:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +115

Silver Medal Winner: yarnscrapper +90

Bronze Medal Winner: SamT87 +80

Ellie 13 +74

ShanaEirin +66