Regarding Bernat's freebie ...

Has anyone received their free Disco yarn, yet? If so, what color did you get? Just wondering -- I am still waiting for mine to arrive, but then I never was the patient type. :D

I just got mine on Thursday. Sadly, it is an ugly brown color :( Don't know what I'll ever use it for...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got mine a couple of days ago. I love my Mr. Brown. It's much more like a pretty auburn than a poo color (unless someone needs Imodium:lol ). I was afraid I'd get that Cookie Monster color.

I used it on a little stuffed lion I was waiting to make, but have lots left. Maybe I'll trim a pair of slippers with it. I'd never worked with eyelash yarn before and it was a real challenge weaving in the ends.

Where'd you get the Hello Kitty doll pattern?? I've been looking for one :)

I just got mine on Thursday. Sadly, it is an ugly brown color :( Don't know what I'll ever use it for...

I would rather have that than the aqua I got.:P

Where'd you get the Hello Kitty doll pattern?? I've been looking for one :)

I searched all over the web, and none of the patterns I found really looked like her. I ended up having to figure it out for myself. I looked at the images at the Sanrio site and also took inspiration from this site (oh, how I wish she'd post her patterns). My big regret is that I didn't write it down as I went along.:oops

Perhaps I could count the rows and stitches to figure it out. :think

:cheer I got my skein today! I got the Mr. Brown (or poo as it has been likened to). I like it even if my husband did say it looked like a strangled cat. :lol (I do love cats by the way). My mom also got hers today also in brown. I can't wait to make something! :cheer

My grandmother got hers...Mister Brown

My sister got hers...Mister Brown

Based on that I will have to say that mine will be Mister Brown as well since I had mine mailed to my parents house...what am I going to do with three skeins of it????? My sister & grandmother do not want theirs and have already given them to my mom to put in my US based stash! :lol Rather funny that my stash increases while I am in Europe....proof that yarn really does multiply on its own!

proof that yarn really does multiply on its own!

:lol My hubby was just commenting today on how alarming it is to open our closet door and see all the bags of yarn. :lol

I think he thinks I need some sort of counciling or help or something. Is there a "stash-a-non" somewhere? I don't want to go even if there is! :hook

Well, I am here in Montana and I still haven't receieved anything! I just hope they don't run out completely....just hoping they send another color if they run out of brown.
No kidding Mel! We Montana crocheters need that free yarn too! My friend in Florida got a skein she said she'd send me, it's brown. So I'm assuming if she's getting that color we will be too?

I just got mine today and it was Mr. Poo oh sorry thats brown it has a werid almost sticky feeling to it wonder what it works up like.I bet it sticks to the hook.:hook

Sticky, huh? Just like baby poo .... :laughroll Just keep it away from a diaper so it doesn't get mistaken. ;):rofl

*sigh*...tempted to file the form out again, just incase there was a glitch:think

Me too. :( And I was one of the folks that originally posted the link for this offer! :angry

Anyone in MI gotten theirs yet?

Amber

Mine came yesterday. I too was puzzled by the MM envelope. Especially since I used to work there and could not imagine what it was. I can drive there in less than 15 minutes so I knew I did not order anything.

Mine was the auburn color. We called it Pati hair. It is really close to the color of my daughters hair, minus the sparkly's, before losing it due to radiation and chemo. I told her we could make her some new hair. :lol She now has hair :yay but it's not the same color.

Archived