Regarding Bernat's freebie ...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you try crocheting holding regular WW yarn with this yarn? It helps me to see the stitches a lot easier and it doesn't get tangled as easily...

I don't have any WW yarn that would go well with ths color right now and I hadn't thought of that! I will have to see what I can find the next time I'm at the store. :)

Got mine about a week ago. Aqua, of course. A good thing it was free. It's so ugly I have no idea what I'll even use it for. Maybe a hulu skirt for Barbie?

I just received mine in the "famous" Aqua Velvet color, from Mary Maxim. I think it will actually match a shawl I'm making for my mom for Christmas! May have to get one more skein though.

I don't have any WW yarn that would go well with ths color right now and I hadn't thought of that! I will have to see what I can find the next time I'm at the store. :)

Try using regular old black. With a deep Aqua like this it will look beautiful! Try it just for 2 rows, by that point you should have a good idea of what it will look like!

"Got mine today and yep, it's the Aqua Velvet. Actually goes very well with some brushed acrylic I'd gotten from Ambersafghans, now I just need to figure out what to make with it."

Oh I want to see what you make with that!! It will be nice to know that some nice yarn I had sitting around for, no idea how many years, will be made into something!

Still waiting for mine.

Amber

Aha! I went back to the site just to see what shade Aqua Velvet was and noticed that the model on the sign up page was sporting a scarf and hat in that same color. Guess that's a clue as to why everyone is getting it.

Still waiting for mine though...:emptymail

I got mine yesterday and it is Mr. Brown. It looks like poo. lol sorry, couldn't help myself.

It came with a pattern to make a purse with Mr. Brown and Mr. Green disco yarn. Not sure what I'll do.

I ordered mine in the beginning of Sept and haven't received it yet. Guess it should be coming soon! I totally forgot about it until I saw this thread today...I hope I get the aqua though, and not mr. brown. Though I'm sure to find something to do with it no matter what color it is!

I got mine today and it's something between turquoise and teal. Very pretty. It also came with the 3 free patterns, a MM catalog, and a price chart. Not sure what I'll do with it yet. I've got some bulky black yarn somewhere, maybe I'll make a shawl and edge it with the Disco and give it away! :hook

I have been waiting for my free skein and I don't have it yet. Gee, will it brown or Aqua? I know it was at least 2 months ago.:blush

Archived