Regarding Bernat's freebie ...

Wow! I only signed up for the freebie about a month ago, and I just got the yarn in the mail yesterday! Wee!

It was quite funny, my boyfriend came in with the mail and said I had a funny looking package. I opened it up, and the first words out of my mouth were, "Oh, it really is pooh brown!" I think he thought I was a little crazy. :D

Don't know what I'll do with it, but who can pass up free yarn?? :yay

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got mine today. It's the pooh brown. I was so looking forward to the aqua, but oh well. My fiance is going to use it for a joke gift - an IPod cozy for his friend who was seriously *scared* by my fiance's IPod cozy that he made for himself.

My MIL and my DH's grand-ma both got theirs (for me) yesterday... The one my MIL got (which I picked up after work) was Jungle Jive, much prettier than that Pooh color... But can you believe this? My DH's grandma threw hers away because she didn't know what it was!!!!!! I told both of them when I signed up and reminded them just last week that they would be getting a package from Mary Maxim and that it was free yarn for me! I couldn't believe she threw it out! ARGHHH! Oh well, hopefully my family up north will get theirs soon and I'll have a bunch of skeins of this and will be able to make something nice!!!!

Throwing away yarn, why I would consider that 'yarn-abuse' and there should be a hefty punishment for that. Oh, well, but it's a grandma, I suppose she should get off. :P

• 2 months later...

I'm still waiting also. I know those that signed up when the offer was first posted waited quite a while also. It's free, so I'll be patient and wait and greatful when it comes. I'll post when I get mine to let you all know and what color does arrive! Meanwhile, happy hooking!

Archived