Regarding Bernat's freebie ...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A sweet person PMed me and offered to trade me their Aqua for my poo Brown... I was soooooo excited!!!!! The Aqua is really pretty IMO! Those of you who don't like your Poo colored ones, maybe you could post under the "trade" section that you're willing to trade for a color you want...

I can't wait to get the Aqua... Now, what to make? LOL

I received mine on Friday. I used it to make a feather boa and matching scrunchy for my daughter's American Idol halloween costume. I am VERY glad that I did not pay for this yarn. I used the Disco yarn and a strand of Caron Simply Soft together and had the hardest time with the Disco yarn getting tangled together and slipping off my hook and just generally being a nuisance. I have worked with other eyelash yarns before and have not had a problem with them. Maybe it's because the "eyelashes" on this yarn were longer than most I have seen. I just know that I won't be purchasing any Bernat Disco yarn in the future.

Jen (climbing down off the soap box) :)

I got mine a couple of days ago. I love my Mr. Brown. It's much more like a pretty auburn than a poo color (unless someone needs Imodium:lol ). I was afraid I'd get that Cookie Monster color.

I used it on a little stuffed lion I was waiting to make, but have lots left. Maybe I'll trim a pair of slippers with it. I'd never worked with eyelash yarn before and it was a real challenge weaving in the ends.

Got mine a few weeks ago. I got the aqua in the picture. It did take a while to come I will agree with that, but hey it was free!

I saw one of the actual pom pom scarves on display in my LYS, and I didn't like it. I'm sure that I will figure out some project for it, because it is a nice weight.

I'm in Ohio and mine came today. It's Mr. Brown and came with three pattern leaflets (crochet wrap, knit bag, knit scarf). Haven't decided what to do with it yet, but I have some ww yarn close to that color and may make a scarf or something with one strand of each...

i got mine today and i loved the shiny rusty brown color. i was wondering what to do with it because i've got some other eyelash yarn thats been driving me nuts. thanks for the tip on putting it with regular yarn. that sounds like it would really help. i may use it for trim, too.

YAYYY!!!! more yarn!!:yay

Archived