Encouragement for Getting Gifts Made in 2015

judianne

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary Jo, I LOVE that! The colors are great - and adore the homey touch of the wooden buttons and spoon.

Great job :clap

Thank you.  This was interesting and I like the wooden buttons better, as they match the spoon.

I love this thread, it is really helping me get my head together for gifts.

Thanks all. Little Tribble definitely loves his Minecraft...

Great potluck cover Tampa doll! Those colors are so bright and cheerful.

And anyone would love that oven mitt ratdog!

I need to figure out what to do next. So far:

TMNT for nephew for graduation

Kirby pillow for nephew for easter (delivered)

Bemax hat and toy for my son (delivered)

ID lanyards for coworkers birthdays (delivered)

Christmas 2015

Sleep masks for nieces

Clock for sister

oven mitt/grilling cookbook for brother

produce bags/cookbook for sister in law

What next?

Wow so much done! I have so much still to do and I haven't been able to stay awake for a couple of days.... Sigh!

I think I may be feeding his Minecraft obsession a little much! :)

I'm pretty sure Little Viking and I are just in a massive Beatlemania feedback loop with each other. He gets excited, and then I get excited that he's excited, and then he gets excited that I'm excited, and then.... :D

Finally finished the potluck holder.  I used wood buttons, instead of the orange ones they recommended.  This was fun to make and it is pretty.  I have a 14X9 glass pan in it upside down, so it would look full.

attachicon.gifSP Pot Luck Carrier.JPG  More pictures

That looks beautiful! And I do like the look of the wood buttons. Orange would go with it, but I like the natural wood paired with the yarn.

I haven't gotten much done at all since the move, it feels like, but it's lovely checking in here and seeing what all gets done. Sorta reminds me that stuff is still possible! And the finished projects all look so nice. :manyheart

Not a gift just a stashbuster. 2 ice pop cozies.

Ready for summer! I plan on making a few more to offer for sale at my next DAR luncheon to raise money for one of their projects. Good for visiting grandkids right?

If they dont sell i will make several more ( you read that right) and give them to one of the preschool teachers who gives ice pops to her kids as summer treat.

post-23494-0-80518200-1432297507_thumb.jpg

Ready for summer! I plan on making a few more to offer for sale at my next DAR luncheon to raise money for one of their projects. Good for visiting grandkids right?

If they dont sell i will make several more ( you read that right) and give them to one of the preschool teachers who gives ice pops to her kids as summer treat.

Cute idea!

The food is awesome!!! I know my grandma sewed a lot for my barbies and me, and I really loved everything. I wish I still had all that stuff, but alas, I got rid of the stuff when I was a teen and decided that I was too "old" for such things! I was never too old, teenagers think silly things.

Very cute. I made Little Tribble a cozy for pop cans cause he hates the cold on his hands. He won't eat popsicles cause they are too cold or I would have made him one of these, very cute idea! Love them.

I am sort of at an impasse right now.  I can't seem to get my act together to do some crocheting.  This happens every year at this time.  It is 90 degrees out and the humidity is in the 90's, so it feels like over 100.  This is the time of year I change from yarn to thread and it just seems like nothing looks right.

I have ripped out 4 patterns far, and just can't seem to find one I really want to work on.

Is anyone having trouble or is it just me?

Mary Jo - I'm totally done with crocheting for a while, though I have to finish a graph ghan for us (25 rows or so left) and I did promise one for August...but my yearning at this time of year is reading and writing, which have been neglected for quite a while. Much cooler activities, too...

Have you thought of playing with cotton yarn, instead of thread?

Archived