Encouragement for Getting Gifts Made in 2015

judianne

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh he's awesome! I had to look up Kirby as thee only game I know about is minecraft cause little Tribble is into it. I'm currently working on an idea I had to make a pony, then I joined another swap so I have to try my hand at a couple of pokemon characters... I need to quit adding things to do, I really need to get started on litre Tribbles birthday things....

AAAAAA look at Kirby he is perfect!! That is fantastic! Haha, Kirby's Epic Yarn. :D I want to show my son except then he'll want one too and I've already got too much stuff to make for him. :lol

I love Peeps at Easter. Used to live in Bethlehem (Peep-land!) and actually worked just down the road from Just Born while I was in college. Now we're not far still - we have a couple of foam Peep hats from New Year's when DH took Little Viking in to B-hem for the Peep drop (yes, really!) on New Year's. The thread is a perfect choice for Peeps, I think!

One set of Peeps are off to their new home.

I finished up another Christmas Gift.  I am not sure who will get it, either my SIL or my Girlfriend.  I love this kit.  It is from Herrschner's It is called Cozy Kitchen Ripple Towels.

They are easy to make and take no time at all.  So 2 down and several more to go.

post-105-0-06292800-1427633026_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-99672000-1427633034_thumb.jpg

Pretty towels, Mary Jo. I really like the ripple. I made myself a couple of towels several years ago, but wasn't really pleased with how they dried/absorbed. What yarn do you use? Maybe I need to try a different brand.

Pretty towels, Mary Jo. I really like the ripple. I made myself a couple of towels several years ago, but wasn't really pleased with how they dried/absorbed. What yarn do you use? Maybe I need to try a different brand.

Actually it is Crafters Cotton from Herrschner's.  It is what came with the kit, but I have used it before on pot holders and wash cloths and it was ok.  Cotton has a tendency to get very heavy when it gets wet.

Mona, I had some Bernat cotton on hand years ago and wasn't sure what to do with it so I made myself a dish drying mat - it works great. After I use it I hang it on a hook to dry. I also have a smaller version for drying the dogs food bowls after I wash them. They're super absorbent for that.

I like the idea of a dish drying mat. There never seems to be enough room for a dish drain rack.

You may have just given me an idea for more gifts. What size and stitch is your mat?

I can get the size for you later, but I believe I used a HDC for it. Or a DC. I'll get back to you with that when I get downstairs later on. I have a small kitchen - 2 steps in either direction and you can reach anything, practically, so for a few things I don't like using even my small dish rack. Clutters the little space I do have!

The dish draining cloth I made used 2 strands of Bernat cotton. It is 17 by 21 inches and it looks like I used either a sc or hdc stitch. Hard to tell after so much use over the years...and the variegated yarn.

Today is March 31st. I want to make two more chocolate bunnies before Thursday for my coworkers.

Adding to my April list which is now:

2 sleep masks for my nieces

2 ID badge lanyards one for me and one for my coworker's birthday in April.

Very Pretty!!! I think I'm going to try and make me a pretty lanyard what a great idea... I notice a Tardis sign there also! :)

We're whovians here!! I am halfway through crocheting an Adipose. I think it's going to be much cuter than the sock adiposes I made at the end of last year...

Very cool lanyard, but I am partial to angels. 

Ok I have to admit that I had to look up Tardis to see what it is.  I gather whovians are Dr. Who fans?  Boy I need to watch more BBC. :D

Archived